The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    ^that camera bug in Amber affects a lot of L920 and other lumias as well. only solution: wait for Lumia Black
    11-06-2013 11:16 AM
    James8561, I'm not sure that future updates will fix this. I left a message about the issue in a semi-relevant thread in Nokia Conversations, but moderators deleted my message. I posted here: How to photograph fireworks, with Nokia Camera – : the official Nokia blog

There is no answer in before-mentioned thread in Nokia Support, either.

I don't know if there is any other way to let developers know about this issue. It's like no one of them is listening. Meanwhile, it's so irritating to wait for the next update, even if it will be useful. I have so many night shot to make :D And the phone took such great photos before Amber. So... Question remains, i guess.
    11-06-2013 03:14 PM
    Hi @RiseUpGames how are things coming along :)
    11-11-2013 03:29 AM
    Hi @RiseUpGames how are things coming along :)
    Bam

Will be done in 24h.

Coming by the end of the week.

:)
    11-11-2013 11:23 PM
    Bam

Will be done in 24h.

wow awesome!! can't wait to try it
    so many feature :)
    11-11-2013 11:49 PM
    Wow ! Excited!
    11-12-2013 12:52 AM
    Bam

Will be done in 24h.

Will this enable Lumia 1020 to use 5mp + 34 mp images or only 5mp...
    also are these 5 mp images oversampled ?
    11-12-2013 01:10 AM
    Awesome! Even though it's just a 0.0.5 advancement in version number, but 2.9 update looks like a huge step forward, congrats!

3 quick questions tho :

1. Will the proshot 2.9 support rich media format, which allows us to go back to the photos and change/apply different FX and filter?
    2. How's 2.9's battery consumption compares to 2.8.5?
    3. Will there be a sharpen filter in this update somewhere? ;)

Can't wait for this update!
    Last edited by mccoychen; 11-12-2013 at 02:21 AM.
    11-12-2013 01:48 AM
    Colour me amazingly impressed. Can't wait to try this out!
    11-12-2013 02:00 AM
    Hope Nokia Care will send me my Lumia 925 back ... I sent it coz of this stupid blurry spot in the middle of the frame. Hope I'll get it this week back
    11-12-2013 04:18 AM
    This is amazing! I get so annoyed with 1020 save speed. Bought a 720 for my partner's mum and it was smashing out the photos. Could get 3 in the time it takes 1 on the 1020! I know some people are fine with the speed, but with my style of shooting I've missed quite a few shots since it was stuck saving.

My only other dream on my 1020 is to speed up the auto-focus and I can say it's perfect. Good old N9 had continuous auto-focus and was ridiculously fast at focusing.
    11-12-2013 05:21 AM
    bam

will be done in 24h.

freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-12-2013 05:55 AM
    Excellent. I can't wait to get the update!
    11-12-2013 09:16 AM
    I sent my Lumia 925 to Nokia Care and they replaced my whole phone!
    Now camera is OK

Proshot:

Nokia Camera auto (strange it saves a High-res and a pro photo even on my 925?! the Pro photo has a very small res 1280x720 - useless)
    11-13-2013 02:45 AM
    I sent my Lumia 925 to Nokia Care and they replaced my whole phone!
    Now camera is OK
    wah you lucky, got new phone :)
    and the photos are amazing :)
    11-13-2013 05:02 AM
    Can someone tell me what is the advantage of live filters as compare to taking a stock picture and editing it through different programs. You will have original picture and filtered picture both.
    11-13-2013 12:23 PM
    Wow!
    Glad to see this update on the horizon!
    11-13-2013 01:34 PM
    Can someone tell me what is the advantage of live filters as compare to taking a stock picture and editing it through different programs. You will have original picture and filtered picture both.
    I don't even want to call them filters anymore, filters have a bad reputation. I would prefer to call them color profiles. In any case,

Live filters allow you to play with colors in real-time and see how different settings interact with the world around you. You can do all of your capturing "in the moment", share it, and keep going. It is a re-ordering of the creative process that brings its own advantages with it.

ProShot v2.9 brings more than just live filters. It allows you to make your own color profiles, giving your photos your unique voice.

Plus the tons of other awesome stuff coming.
    Muessig, James8561 and Guytronic like this.
    11-13-2013 02:30 PM
    Now if Pro Shot had a voice\sound activated shutter that would be a feature I'd use a lot.
    11-13-2013 05:15 PM
    I guess shortly I can test the new features for myself, but what is HDR lite? I have been using HDR Camera App for those high backlit situations etc, which is a "true" HDR feature taking 3 pictures and combining the, but would love to have the control ProShot plus a true HDR function.

I am always amazed at how fast you knock out these fabulous features.
    11-13-2013 06:40 PM
    I guess shortly I can test the new features for myself, but what is HDR lite? I have been using HDR Camera App for those high backlit situations etc, which is a "true" HDR feature taking 3 pictures and combining the, but would love to have the control ProShot plus a true HDR function.

+1 HDR feature. On the other hand thanks for wonderful app as it is.
    11-13-2013 11:59 PM
    Now if Pro Shot had a voice\sound activated shutter that would be a feature I'd use a lot.
    It's on the to-do list :)

Glad you asked! HDR Lite is a filter-based HDR solution. It utilizes the shadow recovery feature and a few other tricks to create an image that looks similar to a lightly processed HDR image. It raises the shadows without blowing out the highlights as much as one would if they simply raised the exposure.

I still plan on bringing full HDR to ProShot. It's very high on the priority list. We'll see how things go after v2.9 :)
    Guytronic, cuzincurly and opticon like this.
    11-14-2013 07:11 AM
    Hello @RiseUpGames. I have been watching this thread for a long time, as ProShot is an impressive application that anyone involved in mobile photography should consider. Now I ordered my Lumia 1020 and I will have it next week, so it's time to ask: When do you plan to support the native resolution of the 1020, together with the reframing feature (and even the RAW support that comes with the newer version of Nokia Camera)? Your app is still very impressive and useful, but to appeal to the 1020 users you need to support the unique features of the phone (the same applies to 1520 and any future phone with the same functionality).
    Last edited by v_emman; 11-15-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    opticon likes this.
    11-14-2013 08:08 AM
    First, I'd like to say that the new "filter" thingy looks really nice and well implemented. Personally, I'm more excited about the quick option change GUI dynamic. It's really cool!

Secondly, I'd like to agree with C_emman. Particularly, whether this app will support dng or not will be a deal breaker for me come the black update.

Thirdly, I'd like to thank you for the awesomeness that is ProShot! I believe the best camera is the one you have with you, and your app coupled with the Nokia Lumia 1020's camera raises the bar on what that actually means, IMHO. However, I think there may still be alot of untapped potential here and on that note I have a few questions for you:

1. The ET. Can it go beyond 4 secs? It just doesn't cut it at night. 30 sec would be ideal. Have you investigated the possibility of a workaround? *
    2. Is it possible to implement a continous shoot-option? **
    3. Is it possible to disable the screen preview during timelapses? It could potentially save alot of battery for longer shots.
    4. Do you accept donations? Your app is ridicolously awesome and I want to pay more for it. ***

* Bulb mode, while nice, is not really a dealbraker, but could be cool for those startrail shots. A manually entered number would be more useful, and wouldn't cause any unwanted shake while pushing a button or the screen to close the shutter. Coupled with the self timer I then wouldn't have to touch it at all. By the way, I asked Juha Alakarhu about the ET via twitter. He wouldn't say wether it was an API or hardware "issue" though, just that Nokia Camera is staying at 4 secs. Sadface.

** I sometimes do timelapses to simulate long exposure shots. It's particularly useful in high lighting conditions as it, with a little photoshop magic, creates almost the same effect without blowing out or having to use an ND filter. I do find the frequency settings a little limited in your app, though. The 1020's processing is notoriously slow and I find it sometimes skips a frame on the 3 second setting, which would suck if you were doing startrails.

*** I think the price is set right in the app store as it invites people to try it out for a cheap sum. I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel that they got away with stealing after using it for a few weeks, though. Also, I realize that while my focus on timelapse and long ET photos isn't exactly unique, it is probably not a priority for you as a developer, trying to make a living. I am, however, not above bribery.

2013_11_07_timelapse2_max1000_sig.jpg

Pic related, I shot it with your app and my 1020. Iso 100, ET 1/250, f/2.2, 59 shots at 10 sec interval stacked median in PS.
    Last edited by opticon; 11-16-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    11-16-2013 11:13 AM
    update not released yet :s
    11-16-2013 10:39 PM
2,260 ... 4748495051 ...