The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 6061626364 ...
tools
    @RiseUpGames
    If you need to translate something in Italian, i'm here, feel free to contact me! it's a pleasure for me to help you!
    Thank you so very much! Now that the big update is done, I'm going to shift my focus to getting ProShot localized into as many languages as possible. I will contact you in a week or two with more details. Thanks again! :)

it seems that when in auto mode and burst mode, the app doesn't focus correctly like it does in single mode.
    also, in previous versions, I can have a tile for burst mode on my start screen by putting C1 as burst mode. now whenever I open up C1 it shows burst and then when I open up auto it stays on burst instead of resetting to single like it did. after manually changing to single, when I open up C1 it stays in single instead of going to burst like it used to.
    please bring back the previous behaviors.
    Hmm, I can't seem to replicate the focus issue on my 920. Which device are you using?

ProShot never officially allowed users to pin drive modes (burst, timer, etc.) to their start screen, so you must have discovered a bug! Being able to pin drive modes is something I've been looking into including, but haven't had the chance to implement yet. It is on the to-do list :)

I just wanna get back to sharing photos. I took this with the flash on and I really love how the app handles flash. Also one of my favorite snacks with hot tea or coffee. No edits. Straight from camera. Many more photos coming soon.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    I agree, let's start posting more photos! :D (my roommate's dog is often the subject when I test ProShot features, so I've got way too many pics of that stinker)

unnamed.jpg
    matte88, RaRa85 and M L like this.
    07-02-2014 05:07 AM
    Very nice update! Looks and works great so far! Definitely making me really want to make it the default camera app. I like your little link in there to vote :)

I'm just wondering if it's possible to have it only save the 34MP/hires image? Seeing how Nokia Camera/OneDrive only upload the full-resolution image in high quality mode, it's got me used to keeping only the 34MP image and I'm really starting to like it. I really like your new gallery and I'm looking forward to seeing further improvements there, but I would like to see an option to only save the full resolution picture and skip the sharing one.

Edit: Also, what's the difference between "Save original" in the regular settings screen, and "Hi res" in the image size screen?
    Last edited by thelostsoul; 07-02-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    07-02-2014 07:43 AM
    Here's one of my beautiful wife at Eggspectation on Sunday.
    proshot-update-159e.jpg
    And here's another shot from the same restaurant. It was my first time there.
    proshot-update-143e.jpg
    Here's a shot of a bug on a window early on a Tuesday morning.
    proshot-update-153e.jpg
    07-02-2014 03:55 PM
    This update is very good. The UI changes are well thought out.

Is there a way to select the shutter speed (exposure duration)?
    07-02-2014 09:09 PM
    Is it possible to add burst mode in HDR? I think that using burst mode to capture the shots real quickly would minimize hand movements and help with alignment
    07-03-2014 02:40 AM
    Very nice update! Looks and works great so far! Definitely making me really want to make it the default camera app. I like your little link in there to vote :)

I'm just wondering if it's possible to have it only save the 34MP/hires image? Seeing how Nokia Camera/OneDrive only upload the full-resolution image in high quality mode, it's got me used to keeping only the 34MP image and I'm really starting to like it. I really like your new gallery and I'm looking forward to seeing further improvements there, but I would like to see an option to only save the full resolution picture and skip the sharing one.

Edit: Also, what's the difference between "Save original" in the regular settings screen, and "Hi res" in the image size screen?
    Right now, it's not possible, and here is why:

ProShot makes it very easy to adjust contrast, saturation, sharpness, etc before you take your image. These are all post-process, however. Doing a post-process on a 41MP image will bring the app dangerously close to the memory limit just on the first image capture, and may potentially crash the app. Having such a volatile action be so easily reproduced would be frustrating for users. I could just disable filters / post-processing when taking 41MP photos, but then I'd have to explain that to users, and that would be one more thing a user would have to get used to. So.. it's a bit complicated.

The memory ceiling is a bit more flexible on WP8.1, so it may be something that could still come. In the meantime, I'm looking at how much higher I could go on WP8 devices before hitting that limit.

The "Save Original" and "Hi-res" buttons are confusing, I admit. It's one thing I wanted to polish before 5.0, but ran out of time. Think of it this way, when "hi-res" is enabled, it's the same thing as having "Save Originals" enabled. It will save the original image to ProShot's local folder (in the Lumia 1020's case, the 41MP image. In the Lumia 820's case, the original 8MP image).

I'm still thinking about how to make that process easier to understand.

This update is very good. The UI changes are well thought out.

Is there a way to select the shutter speed (exposure duration)?
    If you have a device capable of doing it (currently only Nokia and HTC devices can), then you can access manual shutter speed selection by either going into M, C1, or C2 modes.

Is it possible to add burst mode in HDR? I think that using burst mode to capture the shots real quickly would minimize hand movements and help with alignment
    It may be possible with 8.1, and definitely dependent on the hardware if it's a full-res image or not. All of the new 8.1 stuff I plan on exploring soon :)
    Guytronic and James8561 like this.
    07-03-2014 03:14 AM
    I have notice that increasing sharpness from 0 to 1 makes pictures much much better! also it seems that photos viewed in proshot doesn't have the yellow tint.
    but having sharpness on almost double the shot-to-shot time in single mode! Are you working to make this faster? are you using multiple cores fully? would this be instantaneous on newer quad-core snapdragons?
    07-03-2014 10:28 PM
    I have notice that increasing sharpness from 0 to 1 makes pictures much much better! also it seems that photos viewed in proshot doesn't have the yellow tint.
    but having sharpness on almost double the shot-to-shot time in single mode! Are you working to make this faster? are you using multiple cores fully? would this be instantaneous on newer quad-core snapdragons?
    ProShot is pretty much the fastest we can possibly get on Windows Phone...A *ton* of optimization has been done to ensure it, so the only way it can get faster is with faster hardware. It's definitely faster on the new quadcore processors.

Don't forget, even though ProShot is processing the image, you can keep shooting, it's processed in the background :)
    Guytronic, gedzum and James8561 like this.
    07-04-2014 01:20 AM
    hi RiseUpGames,

I can help you for translating the app into Turkish language.
    If you are interested, please feel free to contact me.
    07-04-2014 01:43 AM
    I set the sharpness to +1 and fix the color balance( just set green to 95) now no yellow tint and no blurry photos! Thank you very much😊 At last someone cares what we want.
    James8561 and RiseUpGames like this.
    07-04-2014 01:21 PM
    what do you mean by green to 95?
    ProShot is pretty much the fastest we can possibly get on Windows Phone...A *ton* of optimization has been done to ensure it, so the only way it can get faster is with faster hardware. It's definitely faster on the new quadcore processors.

Don't forget, even though ProShot is processing the image, you can keep shooting, it's processed in the background :)
    oh really?? I didn't know that I thought i'll have to wait for the circles to finish. okay cool! keep up the good work! I'm waiting for you to update your website so I can read the updated manual :D

also I found a bug. when proshot is opened in portrait mode with orientation lock on, and then you proceed to turn off orientation lock from the action center and then turn the phone into landscape mode, the grid is screwed up. this also happens when editing filters in landscape.
    Last edited by James8561; 07-04-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    07-04-2014 01:44 PM
    I have had this app from day one. I started using Nokia procam . I would go back and forth between the two. But after this last updated I can't see my self using anything but. Must have camera app hands down
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    07-04-2014 05:05 PM
    How do I change my settings to just a single snap. When click to take pictures I hear 3 snaps..
    07-04-2014 09:46 PM
    ^you're probably in burst mode. just click on that little square on the bottom left (portrait mode) or bottom right (landscape mode) and select normal.
    RiseUpGames and johnskrilla like this.
    07-04-2014 09:56 PM
    You can make your own filter if you click + button under the filter tab, you'll see the color balance options there. Three main colors are set to 100. You just need to set green to 95. Or you can make a better one with different settings.
    07-05-2014 09:31 AM
    07-05-2014 12:16 PM
    what do you mean by green to 95?

oh really?? I didn't know that I thought i'll have to wait for the circles to finish. okay cool! keep up the good work! I'm waiting for you to update your website so I can read the updated manual :D

also I found a bug. when proshot is opened in portrait mode with orientation lock on, and then you proceed to turn off orientation lock from the action center and then turn the phone into landscape mode, the grid is screwed up. this also happens when editing filters in landscape.
    Oh boy, yeah I really need to update that website haha. The grids bug should be fixed in the update that just went live (v5.0.3.0)
    James8561 likes this.
    07-05-2014 05:19 PM
    Hi RiseUpGames

Thanks for this great App. This is my favorite camera App since i change my beloved Nokia 808 to a Nokia 1020 because ProShot has a lot of features that Nokia CameraPro laks like more resolutions (8,10 MP), saved settings, ...

I like the GUI and usability of the new update 5.0 but there is one thing to optimize: I always use resolutions higher then 5MP and often Change the aspect Ratio (16:9 / 4:5). In the old version it was easy to change Resolution and aspect Ratio with one click. In the new version 5.0 if you Change the aspect Ratio the Resolution always jumps back to 5MP and you have to open the menu again to Change the resolution. It would be better if when you Change the aspect Ratio it Change to the same Resolution. Example: 16:9 (12MP) to 4:3 (12MP) and not to 4:3 (5MP). That would be great.
    07-05-2014 05:49 PM
    Hi RiseUpGames

Thanks for this great App. This is my favorite camera App since i change my beloved Nokia 808 to a Nokia 1020 because ProShot has a lot of features that Nokia CameraPro laks like more resolutions (8,10 MP), saved settings, ...

I like the GUI and usability of the new update 5.0 but there is one thing to optimize: I always use resolutions higher then 5MP and often Change the aspect Ratio (16:9 / 4:5). In the old version it was easy to change Resolution and aspect Ratio with one click. In the new version 5.0 if you Change the aspect Ratio the Resolution always jumps back to 5MP and you have to open the menu again to Change the resolution. It would be better if when you Change the aspect Ratio it Change to the same Resolution. Example: 16:9 (12MP) to 4:3 (12MP) and not to 4:3 (5MP). That would be great.
    Thank you for the feedback! I'll see what can be done about it. I remember that things had to be done the current way to get around a strange bug.
    07-06-2014 04:52 AM
    Can you please remove "Samsung / Huawei Test" as your application name? To long anyways and just Proshot was better!
    v_emman likes this.
    07-07-2014 01:00 AM
    Can you please remove "Samsung / Huawei Test" as your application name? To long anyways and just Proshot was better!
    Haha yes, that was a silly mistake on my part; I uploaded the wrong build :p Everything still works fine, so no worries there.

I submitted the fix yesterday, so it should be certified and on the market in the next 24h. Immediately following it, I will upload

ProShot v5.1:
    + UX fixes so it's easier to switch between aspect ratios and resolutions (the menu will stay open)
    + Added the ability to shoot at higher resolutions on 20MP / 41MP devices without dual image capture (see pic below)

wp_ss_20140706_0002.jpg
    blue1k and Pulserider like this.
    07-07-2014 01:17 AM
    Here some shots(resized) with my L925 for compare :

Nokia Camera:
    wp_20140707_11_49_58_pro.jpg
    ProShot:
    2014_07_07_11_49_46_proshot.jpg
    Default Windows Camera:
    wp_20140707_005.jpg
    RiseUpGames and mccririck like this.
    07-07-2014 04:05 AM
    Hi. Love this app since you can make customized filters. I would just like to ask if it is ok to disable the "save original" feature. My phone is 820 and I use 4:3 8mp most of the time. Is the image quality saved from the local folder the same as the one saved in the proshot app if the "save original is enabled" Thank you
    07-08-2014 06:24 AM
    Been shooting using this app a lot recently, after I got the hang of the custom filter. That's a really nice feature!
    One thing though, I usually shoot in 4:3. There seems to be no way to change it from 16:9 when using the front facing camera?

I would like to share 2 of my personal favourite filters.
    1. p/iibaYY(Ja
    Kinda hipster vintage looking filter.

2. p/mgbfYYY-
    High contrast, and kinda handle white colours pretty well.

We should all share our filters! :)
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    07-08-2014 10:30 AM
    Hi. Love this app since you can make customized filters. I would just like to ask if it is ok to disable the "save original" feature. My phone is 820 and I use 4:3 8mp most of the time. Is the image quality saved from the local folder the same as the one saved in the proshot app if the "save original is enabled" Thank you
    Yep, it's the same image quality. If you are using a filter, the image with the filter will get saved to your camera roll, while the original image (without filter) will get saved to the local folder. The option is there as part of a framework I hope to lay down one day, similar to Nokia's "reframing" capabilities, but a little bit more fully-featured.

Been shooting using this app a lot recently, after I got the hang of the custom filter. That's a really nice feature!
    One thing though, I usually shoot in 4:3. There seems to be no way to change it from 16:9 when using the front facing camera?

I would like to share 2 of my personal favourite filters.
    1. p/iibaYY(Ja
    Kinda hipster vintage looking filter.

2. p/mgbfYYY-
    High contrast, and kinda handle white colours pretty well.

We should all share our filters! :)
    Thank you for sharing! You also helped me discover a bug :) I think your hipster vintage filter is missing a "Y" ( should be: "p/iibaYYY(Ja" ). I'll fix that before I submit v5.1 to the store.
    07-08-2014 03:06 PM
2,260 ... 6061626364 ...