06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    @RiseUpGames:

I noticed something peculiar but at the same time interesting while zooming in using my L1020. The L1020 is not capable of optical zoom, so the zoom provided by your app 10.0x digital zoom - hence the pixelation seen in the screen before taking a shot. This means that when the shot is made whilst zoomed in, the resolution of the image within that frame is not 34MP (if set to 34MP at 1x zoom in the settings), but only an enlarged central section of the entire 34MP pixel set. This means that the image within the "viewfinder" is not really 34MP. This is supported by the fact that the quality of the details for a 1x zoom and a 10x zoom photo is "the same".

However, despite this, what is saved directly into Camera Roll is still a 34MP photo. It seems that what ProShot does is to save a 34MP (33.6MP) photo regardless of the actual resolution of the image processed (e.g. when you're zoomed in the resolution will be a subset of 34MP) and displayed on the screen if you choose to take a 34MP photo in the App Settings. This makes the details in the zoomed in version smoother as a result of some pixel interpolation process - i.e. in expanding the zoomed in subset of the 34MP to 34MP.

I have used a third-party app and my PC to compare the qualities of detail of the 1x and the 10x zoom photo - the only difference is the "smoothness". I'll upload some photos in a few hours - since I could not get good lighting at this time of the day (4AM).

Also, I noticed that in manual focus the OIS is not being activated at all. This is the same for Nokia Camera, so it's seems to be not a ProShot related issue - just an observation.
    You are right, zoom in ProShot is a crop plus enlargement to match the resolution settings chosen by the user. When I first added zoom to ProShot, I did not include the enlargement part, and received complaints that the resolution of the image output didn't match what as chosen. So, it's how it is now :)

Zoom is handled by Nokia's Imaging SDK.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    11-03-2014 01:49 AM
    Thanks for that explanation.

However, I still seem unable to save the original "automatically" (ie without using the Export process). Regardless of the image size that I select, I end up with a single low-res image in my Camera Roll, and nothing in the Saved Pictures. I have tried with the Save Original setting both ON and OFF with the same outcome. Can you suggest what I may be doing wrong?

Of course, despite these minor hiccups, I remain delighted with the results that I am getting from the app as it is. Yesterday I attended an important evening function at our church. Our lighting is far from ideal for non-flash photography, but my only three duds were due to camera shake. Thanks again.
    Try re-installing ProShot, there could be some bug as a result from updating. Everything is running just fine on my 1020

Thanks! I've noticed the distortion happens a lot when I'm pointing the camera at a downward angle. It seems the app gets confused on which orientation to save as, ends up saving at the wrong one, while at the same time wanting to take the pic in another orientation. I would start with that.

Those pics I posted I actually had to edit them so I could rotate them. That might be a clue to what's happening. Hope this helps. :)
    Thank you for that. Yeah, the system's orientation gets confused sometimes when pointing down. I'll have to see where I'm missing the check for that.

Hi there, I don't know if this has been ask before but I was wondering if this app is able to start up straight to horizontal mode even when rotation lock is on?
    Not at the moment. Rotation lock was implemented so poorly in WP, it's been hard for me to find the right solution for all phones and situations. Still looking into it :/

No, thats not what I meant. What I'm saying is that I cannot select a filter when my camera is at front-facing. This is a bug.
    Can you please take a screenshot of ProShot when you have the FFC enabled? And a screenshot of the right menu. I'm pretty stumped on this, because FFC + filter is working on my 520, 920, 1020, and HTC 8X :/
    11-03-2014 01:58 AM
    Thanks again, but...

I have again uninstalled and reinstalled Proshot, but can still only see one saved (12MP) photo. I have verified that Save Original is ON.

For what it may be worth, my settings show the following :

Proshot Version : 5.5.0.0
    Name : Windows Phone
    Model : NOKIA 909
    Carrier : Australia
    Software : Windows Phone 8.1
    OS Version : 8.10.12393.890
    Firmware Version : 3041.50009.1424.0007
    Hardware rev no. 4.4.0.2

Perhaps you might see some vital difference between my settings and yours?
    (I am assuming that my being in the Southern hemisphere could not cause a problem!)
    11-04-2014 09:41 PM
    As a brief follow up....

I have just done a full reset to factory settings and deleting all downloaded apps.
    I then reinstalled ProShot, but the problem remains. I do have "Save Original" ON, but it just doesn't.

I think it is time for me to stop obsessing. :-)
    Last edited by Austim; 11-05-2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Typo
    11-05-2014 03:38 PM
    I just updated my 1020, uninstalled ProShot, restarted my device, and re-installed ProShot from the Store (v5.5). Here's what I've got:

wp_ss_20141107_0001.jpg

And when I open the IMG panel I see:

wp_ss_20141107_0002.jpg

It actually shouldn't matter which firmware you have. If you have a 1020, it should just work. I'm really stumped on this. Can you please send me a screenshot of your IMG panel?
    11-07-2014 05:38 PM
    My attempts at screenshots are not fit for publication, but my image settings are exactly the same as yours.

I suspect that your other settings screenshot holds a vital clue. As you may see (if I manage to attach my fairly crummy screen shot), my settings differ from yours in at least one possibly significant respect.
    dscn0068b.jpg

Your screenshot shows your Software to be Windows Phone 8.1 Update, version 8.10.14192.280.
    Mine is plain old Windows Phone 8.1, version 8.10.12393.890.

Whenever I have checked for updates for my phone, it tells me that I am up to date, but that would seem to be incorrect. I will see what I can do to obtain your version of Windows Phone 8.1.

Please don't spend any more time on my behalf.
    11-07-2014 10:44 PM
    Four days ago I wrote :
    (I am assuming that my being in the Southern hemisphere could not cause a problem!)

I now know that was a bad assumption. Windows Phone 8.1 Update has not yet reached Australia, and no-one seems to be able to tell us when it will.

Such is life :-)
    11-08-2014 02:01 AM
    Hi RiseUpGames,

I'am very appreciated about the sharpness function so far. Sharpness and color balance options are most important ones for me and none of the wp app can be compared to ProShott about this feature. It saved me from blurry and yellowish photo problems of the L925.

But i want to ask you if you can make it more adustable. For example, for some situations i need sharpness function but the needed amount is between 0 and 1. I mean 0 is useless and 1 is too much. I just wanted the ask if you can do it more adjustable like 6 levels instead of 3 levels, so i can make fine tuning.

Thank you.
    mccririck likes this.
    11-08-2014 02:48 AM
    My attempts at screenshots are not fit for publication, but my image settings are exactly the same as yours.

I suspect that your other settings screenshot holds a vital clue. As you may see (if I manage to attach my fairly crummy screen shot), my settings differ from yours in at least one possibly significant respect.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0068b.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	545.9 KB 
ID:	86893

Your screenshot shows your Software to be Windows Phone 8.1 Update, version 8.10.14192.280.
    Mine is plain old Windows Phone 8.1, version 8.10.12393.890.

Whenever I have checked for updates for my phone, it tells me that I am up to date, but that would seem to be incorrect. I will see what I can do to obtain your version of Windows Phone 8.1.

Please don't spend any more time on my behalf.
    You can perform a screen shot on your Lumia 1020 by pressing the volume up button and power button simultaneously. Whatever was on your screen when you do this will be saved in your "Saved Pictures" folder - you should also see your screen "flash" quickly with your theme color with a saving message at the top of your screen right after you do this.
    Last edited by gpobernardo; 11-09-2014 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Errata: volume up button
    Austim and RiseUpGames like this.
    11-09-2014 06:50 AM
    I just recently upgraded to a 1520 from a 920 and I'm very impressed with the camera on this thing! It is faster and better! I've heard of the oversampling thing Nokia does that produce an amazing 5 MP image from 16-19 MP. How does ProShot do this? How do I turn oversampling on?
    11-09-2014 10:30 AM
    Hi RiseUpGames,

I'am very appreciated about the sharpness function so far. Sharpness and color balance options are most important ones for me and none of the wp app can be compared to ProShott about this feature. It saved me from blurry and yellowish photo problems of the L925.

But i want to ask you if you can make it more adustable. For example, for some situations i need sharpness function but the needed amount is between 0 and 1. I mean 0 is useless and 1 is too much. I just wanted the ask if you can do it more adjustable like 6 levels instead of 3 levels, so i can make fine tuning.

Thank you.
    I wish I could! But the sharpness algorithms are from Nokia's Imaging SDK, which have very few levels of granularity.

You can perform a screen shot on your Lumia 1020 by pressing the volume up button and power button simultaneously. Whatever was on your screen when you do this will be saved in your "Saved Pictures" folder - you should also see your screen "flash" quickly with your theme color with a saving message at the top of your screen right after you do this.
    Yes, if you could, please show me a screenshot. I honestly can't replicate the error, but it might help if I could see what it looks like on your screen. Thank you!

I just recently upgraded to a 1520 from a 920 and I'm very impressed with the camera on this thing! It is faster and better! I've heard of the oversampling thing Nokia does that produce an amazing 5 MP image from 16-19 MP. How does ProShot do this? How do I turn oversampling on?
    Oversampling is always on with the 930, ICON, 1020, 1520 (using Nokia's Imaging SDK). Each image is oversampled from the original 20/41MP image :)
    gpobernardo likes this.
    11-10-2014 07:24 PM
    Hi RiseUpGames,

Thanks to the brief lesson from gpobernado I am now able to post the much better screen shots that you want.

However, I remain practically certain that the origin of my current "problem" (as problems go, it really is not very significant) lies within Microsoft. Since you and I are running different versions of the MS software, it should come as no surprise that your software produces different results on our devices.

I have tried to see if I could persuade MS to update my phone to Windows Phone 8.1 Update by changing my region to USA instead of Australia, but that had no effect. When asked to update, it remained stubbornly as Windows Phone 8.1. I am resigned to having to wait for the inner workings of MS to eventually get around to sending the Update to Australia (by which time you will probably be working with Update 2!).wp_ss_1.pngAttachment 87335
    gpobernardo likes this.
    11-12-2014 10:44 PM
    [WARN]Do not post your IMEI on the public forums! This is for your own protection.[/WARN]
    gpobernardo and Austim like this.
    11-12-2014 10:46 PM
    Hi Laura,

Thanks for that warning and for deleting my overenthusiastic screenshot.

I was so pleased with being able to produce that screenshot that I didn't think of reviewing it before posting. :-(

Hopefully here is an improved copy.

wp_ss_2.png
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    11-13-2014 02:47 AM
    Do you plan to add continuous auto focus?
    11-14-2014 09:45 PM
    I'm experiencing a bug with ProShot. I take a picture in landscape mode, but it shows up in portrait mode when I post here in the forums.
    2014_11_18_20_43_32_proshot-1.jpg

Here's my file properties in Windows Explorer.
    properties.png

That should display as landscape, not portrait.
    11-19-2014 04:37 AM
    Hi can somebody please teach me how to use the HDR of Proshot? I can't find tutorials on how to use the HDR on my Proshot app.
    11-20-2014 12:05 AM
    Do you plan to add continuous auto focus?
    Yep! That feature is only available as a part of the WP8.1 API, so I'll be able to add it once I update ProShot to it (unfortunately, due to the extreme changes Microsoft made with the API, this requires a complete rewrite of the app, which I will begin working on sometime in January).

I'm experiencing a bug with ProShot. I take a picture in landscape mode, but it shows up in portrait mode when I post here in the forums.

Name:	2014_11_18_20_43_32_ProShot 1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	535.6 KB 
ID:	88365

Here's my file properties in Windows Explorer.

Name:	properties.PNG 
Views:	255 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	88366

That should display as landscape, not portrait.
    As of either GDR3 or WP8.1, Microsoft began embedding image rotation into the EXIF, as opposed to physically rotating the image. I believe this could be the cause of the issue. I have this flagged in my to-do list to check out, once I've completed work on the v6.0 update. I definitely want to find a work-around!

Hi can somebody please teach me how to use the HDR of Proshot? I can't find tutorials on how to use the HDR on my Proshot app.
    It's pretty easy, just set the mode to HDR, point, and shoot ^_^
    If you're looking for tone mapping options, ProShot doesn't currently do that. What it does do is offer a slider to control exposure offset, and another slider to control number of exposures. Hope this helps!
    12-18-2014 04:27 AM
    Riseup are you considering Android?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    12-20-2014 12:45 AM
    Riseup are you considering Android?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    ;)
    RaRa85 likes this.
    12-20-2014 06:02 AM
    Yep! That feature is only available as a part of the WP8.1 API, so I'll be able to add it once I update ProShot to it (unfortunately, due to the extreme changes Microsoft made with the API, this requires a complete rewrite of the app, which I will begin working on sometime in January).

As of either GDR3 or WP8.1, Microsoft began embedding image rotation into the EXIF, as opposed to physically rotating the image. I believe this could be the cause of the issue. I have this flagged in my to-do list to check out, once I've completed work on the v6.0 update. I definitely want to find a work-around!

It's pretty easy, just set the mode to HDR, point, and shoot ^_^
    If you're looking for tone mapping options, ProShot doesn't currently do that. What it does do is offer a slider to control exposure offset, and another slider to control number of exposures. Hope this helps!
    Is the exposure in HDR the same as exposure in Nokia camera?
    What is bracket only?
    What is HDR Portrait?
    How do I take HDR photo the same as HDT in default camera of iPhone? I can't seem to get the HDR effect with my photo
    12-20-2014 10:06 AM
    Is the exposure in HDR the same as exposure in Nokia camera?
    What is bracket only?
    What is HDR Portrait?
    How do I take HDR photo the same as HDT in default camera of iPhone? I can't seem to get the HDR effect with my photo
    1) Yes

2) Only does bracket exposure: Bracketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3) Creates an HDR image with one of the exposures using the flash, and one without.

4) I don't know how the iPhone does it. The HDR effect can mean many things, but if you're referring to tone mapping, ProShot does not 100% do that just yet.

To get an HDR effect, set the exposure offset to something like 1, point your camera at a scene with bright spots and dark spots, and take a picture. ProShot offers a lot of options for configuration, it's best to play with them until you achieve your desired effect. Also consider trying the single-exposure HDR option.

There are still quite a few ways I can improve this mode, and hope to add those to the v6.0 update.
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    12-20-2014 01:32 PM
    I can't take pictures with the front camera. tried it on my Icon as well as the 735.

I tried setting it to tap to focus as well as tap to focus and take a picture. neither will take a picture by tapping the screen.

It works when I use the physical camera button on the Icon. But the 735 doesn't have a physical camera button.
    12-27-2014 02:05 PM
    I can't take pictures with the front camera. tried it on my Icon as well as the 735.

I tried setting it to tap to focus as well as tap to focus and take a picture. neither will take a picture by tapping the screen.

It works when I use the physical camera button on the Icon. But the 735 doesn't have a physical camera button.
    You can take a photo using the on-screen button. When using the front camera, only the physical or on-screen camera buttons work to capture an image. I'll add screen tap to capture for the FFC in v6.0.

Hope this helps!
    onlysublime likes this.
    12-27-2014 09:53 PM
    First thing first: Happy new year ProShot users!!!! :)

I've put my L920 in timelapse mode for about 30 minutes, obviusly with Proshot camera app.
    Time interval: 10s
    Shutter: 2s
    ISO: 400
    White Balance: auto
    Focus: manual, almost to infinity

Here is the result of the first assembly (using Lighten blend mode): 260 pics were assembled to this final result. In the next few days i'm gonna try some new assembly algorithms.
    RaiseUpGames, keep up the outstandin work!!!! :)))
    capodanno-2015-big.jpg
    12-31-2014 07:23 PM
2,260 ... 6869707172 ...