06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 6970717273 ...
tools
    First thing first: Happy new year ProShot users!!!! :)

I've put my L920 in timelapse mode for about 30 minutes, obviusly with Proshot camera app.
    Time interval: 10s
    Shutter: 2s
    ISO: 400
    White Balance: auto
    Focus: manual, almost to infinity

Here is the result of the first assembly (using Lighten blend mode): 260 pics were assembled to this final result. In the next few days i'm gonna try some new assembly algorithms.
    RaiseUpGames, keep up the outstandin work!!!! :)))
    Attachment 92652
    Very cool! I'd love to see more!
    01-01-2015 01:29 PM
    Something I've always wanted to do with my phone was catch lightning. Using the timelapse feature as an intervalometer and a tripod I was able to get a pretty good sharp looking lightning strike =) This was near the end of this past monsoon season here in Arizona. Looking forward to next season so I can try it out more.

Manual focus
    Shutter speed at 4 secs
    Auto WB
    ISO 100
    Lumia 925
    2014_08_25_22_33_20_proshot.jpg
    01-26-2015 11:59 AM
    Something I've always wanted to do with my phone was catch lightning. Using the timelapse feature as an intervalometer and a tripod I was able to get a pretty good sharp looking lightning strike =) This was near the end of this past monsoon season here in Arizona. Looking forward to next season so I can try it out more.

Manual focus
    Shutter speed at 4 secs
    Auto WB
    ISO 100
    Lumia 925
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014_08_25_22_33_20_ProShot.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	94826
    Wow great capture! And great idea to get it (btw I didn't know AZ had monsoon seasons haha). I'm going to try this next lightning storm!
    01-26-2015 02:01 PM
    Quick update on ProShot v6.0

Brief history: ProShot was built using WP8.0 API, which Microsoft made specifically for WP, and allowed for some really amazing features. When 8.1 came out, Microsoft deprecated the ENTIRE 8.0 Camera API, and said that support for it will be completely dropped when W10 launches. What that means is that 8.0 camera apps won't run on W10.

Why this matters: ProShot now needs to be rewritten using the 8.1 API. Despite my efforts at good code design, this new API is completely different from the old one, so I can't use any old code. What complicates things even more is that really important functions that ProShot depended on for maximum performance were dropped in the 8.1 API, so I need to find new ways of achieving the same stuff, which has proven difficult.

Where we are now: The changing of APIs burned me (and all of us) pretty bad, so I've actually been waiting for more W10 info to come out before fully committing to rewriting ProShot. The last thing I want is to build a new camera app on the 8.1 API only to find that it gets changed again in W10.

Final thoughts: This should hopefully explain why ProShot hasn't seen any updates in a while. I have in no way abandoned WP, it's still the (only) phone I use every day and I love the platform. More info to come next month :)
    01-26-2015 02:23 PM
    Wow great capture! And great idea to get it (btw I didn't know AZ had monsoon seasons haha). I'm going to try this next lightning storm!
    Thanks! The monsoon season here is around July to September. There are some great light shows. Also a lot of dust storms.

Just a quick edit. Exposure was 2 secs. Was going on memory but realized full EXIF is in the pic.

BTW do you have some place to suggest features? Looking to get a series of photos for focus stacking. I know there's Nokia Refocus, but I want the individual frames to take into a program like Zerene Stacker or CombineZP. Hoping for an app to get them automatically so I don't have to manually change the focus every shot.
    01-26-2015 02:31 PM
    Quick update on ProShot v6.0

Brief history: ProShot was built using WP8.0 API, which Microsoft made specifically for WP, and allowed for some really amazing features. When 8.1 came out, Microsoft deprecated the ENTIRE 8.0 Camera API, and said that support for it will be completely dropped when W10 launches. What that means is that 8.0 camera apps won't run on W10.

Why this matters: ProShot now needs to be rewritten using the 8.1 API. Despite my efforts at good code design, this new API is completely different from the old one, so I can't use any old code. What complicates things even more is that really important functions that ProShot depended on for maximum performance were dropped in the 8.1 API, so I need to find new ways of achieving the same stuff, which has proven difficult.

Where we are now: The changing of APIs burned me (and all of us) pretty bad, so I've actually been waiting for more W10 info to come out before fully committing to rewriting ProShot. The last thing I want is to build a new camera app on the 8.1 API only to find that it gets changed again in W10.

Final thoughts: This should hopefully explain why ProShot hasn't seen any updates in a while. I have in no way abandoned WP, it's still the (only) phone I use every day and I love the platform. More info to come next month :)
    While I'm no longer using Windows Phone at the moment I remember using this app all the time when I had my Lumia 920 and 1020. I still keep up with Windows Phone news and your app developments and I for one have faith in you and the team.
    01-26-2015 02:33 PM
    Thanks! The monsoon season here is around July to September. There are some great light shows. Also a lot of dust storms.

Just a quick edit. Exposure was 2 secs. Was going on memory but realized full EXIF is in the pic.

BTW do you have some place to suggest features? Looking to get a series of photos for focus stacking. I know there's Nokia Refocus, but I want the individual frames to take into a program like Zerene Stacker or CombineZP. Hoping for an app to get them automatically so I don't have to manually change the focus every shot.
    Requesting here is fine :) You can also use the "send feedback" button in the About page (tap the "?" in the right menu). Focus stacking isn't actually that hard to add, the only issue is how to integrate it into the UI without crowding it. Coincidentally enough, I might have came up with an idea late last night that could probably accommodate it. In any case, it's on the to-do list!

While I'm no longer using Windows Phone at the moment I remember using this app all the time when I had my Lumia 920 and 1020. I still keep up with Windows Phone news and your app developments and I for one have faith in you and the team.
    Thank you always for your support. Perhaps one day ProShot will be on whichever platform you choose ;)
    defante and mccririck like this.
    01-26-2015 02:46 PM

Thank you always for your support. Perhaps one day ProShot will be on whichever platform you choose ;)
    That would be great. But from what I understand now the OEMs are responsible for updating their ROMs with the Camera2 API used to give users manual control on their phones. Sony is set to release the Lollipop update next month so I'll have to wait and see if that's included. It seems the pure Google Nexus phones like the Nexus 5 and 6 are the only ones that have it at the current moment. I'll keep you posted. Anything to keep you considering that possibility.
    01-26-2015 02:52 PM
    Requesting here is fine :) You can also use the "send feedback" button in the About page (tap the "?" in the right menu). Focus stacking isn't actually that hard to add, the only issue is how to integrate it into the UI without crowding it. Coincidentally enough, I might have came up with an idea late last night that could probably accommodate it. In any case, it's on the to-do list!
    That's awesome! Looking forward to it if you ever integrate it.
    01-26-2015 03:09 PM
    best camera app in windows phone
    mccririck and RiseUpGames like this.
    01-26-2015 08:00 PM
    Why don't you charge again for the new update just like Chronos Calendar. You have given us a whole lot of updates. Well worth a buck.
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    01-29-2015 02:58 AM
    Why don't you charge again for the new update just like Chronos Calendar. You have given us a whole lot of updates. Well worth a buck.
    I'm not familiar with what Chronos did, but when I made ProShot free for a few days, I added a donation page inside the app. 200,000 free downloads, and only 42 donations to date.

It was pretty rough to watch, haha.
    01-29-2015 04:20 AM
    I'm not familiar with what Chronos did, but when I made ProShot free for a few days, I added a donation page inside the app. 200,000 free downloads, and only 42 donations to date.

Can you please add payment through Phone Bill? Please...i really want to donate but I can't..
    01-29-2015 04:22 AM
    Since I'm going to be rewriting the app, now's a great time to ask

Which feature(s) would you most like to see added to ProShot?
    gpobernardo likes this.
    01-29-2015 04:27 AM
    Can you please add payment through Phone Bill? Please...i really want to donate but I can't..
    Thank you!! Unfortunately all of the billing options are managed by Microsoft, so I don't have the power to add any more. I appreciate it though :)
    gpobernardo likes this.
    01-29-2015 04:30 AM

The dev of Chronos made a new app for WP8.1 and published it as a new app and not as an update to WP8 version. I don't think a dev should provide lifetime of updates on an app which only cost $2.
    You should charge for this new update.
    Btw if you don't mind asking, what was the biggest donation you recevied?
    01-29-2015 04:40 AM

it's hard to think of something it can't already do :)

ouch, though I personally gladly purchased it (is it possible that it was already available in the WP7 days?) when paid and did recommend it to a few friends, but while free as well. Anyway, that must have been tough, thanks for not losing faith. *cheers*
    01-29-2015 04:41 AM

Video Options ! Manual video Controls please YOU WILL ROCK !
    You will really beat something called Lumia Camera !
    01-29-2015 05:52 AM
    If there's a possibility to make a anti red eye mode for flash... this would be awesome!
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    01-29-2015 06:44 AM
    The dev of Chronos made a new app for WP8.1 and published it as a new app and not as an update to WP8 version. I don't think a dev should provide lifetime of updates on an app which only cost $2.
    You should charge for this new update.
    Btw if you don't mind asking, what was the biggest donation you recevied?
    Oh I see. You know, based on what I've seen in Microsoft's developer portal, it might have been necessary for them to release a separate app, in order to keep support for both 8.0 and 8.1 (due to the way the Store has been restructured and a few other variables). If that's the case I'd be sad, because I don't want to make people who already paid for the app pay again. That, and ProShot has tens of thousands of reviews globally, don't wanna reset those numbers :p

Edit: To answer your question, 3 people donated the largest amount, $9.99.

ouch, though I personally gladly purchased it (is it possible that it was already available in the WP7 days?) when paid and did recommend it to a few friends, but while free as well. Anyway, that must have been tough, thanks for not losing faith. *cheers*
    I remember you were there pretty much from the beginning. Thank you so much for the support and feedback all of these years

Video Options ! Manual video Controls please YOU WILL ROCK !
    You will really beat something called Lumia Camera !
    If there's a possibility to make a anti red eye mode for flash... this would be awesome!
    While I can't promise them yet (there's still a lot of work to be done), these are things I definitely want to add :)
    01-29-2015 02:24 PM
    This might sound stupid, but anyway to make the camera load faster like in Denim on a 930?

01-29-2015 02:43 PM
    This might sound stupid, but anyway to make the camera load faster like in Denim on a 930?
    Totally valid question :) ProShot already loads very quickly on the Snapdragon 800+ processors (930, 1520, HTC M8, etc), and it will load even faster with the new update, on all devices. I can say this because I understand Silverlight architecture much better now than when I first started WP development, so I know which optimizations will have the best effect.
    01-29-2015 10:21 PM
    Totally valid question :) ProShot already loads very quickly on the Snapdragon 800+ processors (930, 1520, HTC M8, etc), and it will load even faster with the new update, on all devices. I can say this because I understand Silverlight architecture much better now than when I first started WP development, so I know which optimizations will have the best effect.
    And the rest will be...?
    I think that is time to upgrade :D
    01-30-2015 01:57 AM
    And the rest will be...?
    I think that is time to upgrade :D
    It will be faster on all devices :)
    AhmadSorour likes this.
    01-30-2015 03:01 AM

Edit: To answer your question, 3 people donated the largest amount, $9.99.
    Why don't you put more options there? Say $20, $50, $100,etc. I read somewhere that a dev received $100 as donation.
    01-30-2015 03:30 AM
2,260 ... 6970717273 ...