06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 7374757677 ...
tools
    Hmm, thanks for the information. They removed certain filters which i really liked and then insisted that its still there. Probably something to do with their employees being Chinese and have poor understanding. Not being racist, im Chinese too but sometimes that's just how it is unfortunately.
    It's probably due to language barrier rather than "poor understanding" - I've got Chinese ancestors, too. Regardless, I think I've already got all the camera apps I need in my phone: Microsoft Camera, Lumia Camera (the defaults) and ProShot.
    05-17-2015 11:02 AM
    Great test gpobernardo! I am using Lumia 925 and I am frustrated of smudgind those fine details that Lumia camera does, which makes pictures look slightly out of focus. I would love to use ProShot but when I delete pictures, after reboot they appear again, it frustrates me a lot!
    Are you saying that the pictures you take with ProShot can't be deleted? There's an issue with Microsoft's API that deleted pics may sometimes still show up in the Files app (as just stub files with no data in them). A phone restart does take care of the final clean up. This will be fixed when the app is updated for Windows 10 and the better APIs.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    05-17-2015 11:53 PM
    I am trying to say that after deletion and phone restart they reappear, and can be seen only through pc, after reboot I can delete them entirely. That is the only reason what keeps me away from using ProShot as my main camera app, I am really enjoying how fast it launches compared to lumia camera, quick settings and filters which corrects greenish tint on my L925.
    05-18-2015 06:38 AM
    I am trying to say that after deletion and phone restart they reappear, and can be seen only through pc, after reboot I can delete them entirely. That is the only reason what keeps me away from using ProShot as my main camera app, I am really enjoying how fast it launches compared to lumia camera, quick settings and filters which corrects greenish tint on my L925.
    Do you have "Save Original" turned on? I experienced the same problem before, but with this setting turned off I haven't experienced the re-spawning of deleted photos... not yet at least.
    05-18-2015 12:48 PM
    "Save Original" is turned off and has never been on.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    05-18-2015 01:07 PM
    Sort-of off topic update:

I've got Camera360 Sight installed in my L1020 now (they've updated the app and it now takes full resolution photos). I'll try to compare the amount of detail it can capture at high digital magnification soon. In the meantime, the launch time of Camera360 Sight is consistently under 2 seconds (around 1.4 seconds), making it the fastest high resolution camera app I've tried so far.

@RiseUpGames: How's this possible?
    05-18-2015 02:34 PM

I've got Camera360 Sight installed in my L1020 now (they've updated the app and it now takes full resolution photos). I'll try to compare the amount of detail it can capture at high digital magnification soon. In the meantime, the launch time of Camera360 Sight is consistently under 2 seconds (around 1.4 seconds), making it the fastest high resolution camera app I've tried so far.

Looking forward to hear from you ~
    Last edited by vsmh; 05-19-2015 at 12:31 AM.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    05-18-2015 07:52 PM
    Hi everyone! This is a bit off topic, but I know quite a few of you have been asking about this. Yes, I am working on an Android version, and yes, it is almost complete :)

android-teaser.jpg

https://twitter.com/RiseUpGames/stat...52647012913154

No further details yet, but it combines the best of the WP and iOS versions into a single package, and offers a glimpse into what I will be doing with the W10 version. More info next week!

One main thing :)
    The biggest bottleneck in WP is WP8.0 Silverlight. It's dog slow, specifically combing the Visual Tree (think html, but for WP). ProShot has a very detailed and rich UI, with a lot of animating elements. This takes a long time for Silverlight to load. By contrast, Camera360 Sight has a very sparse UI, with (from what I can tell) no way of doing MF / ISO / Shutter adjustments, Live Filters, camera roll integrated with the viewfinder, basically all of the awesome stuff that makes ProShot, ProShot.

Not to worry though, the rewrite for ProShot will greatly simplify the Visual Tree for very fast loads.
    gpobernardo and vsmh96 like this.
    05-19-2015 03:33 PM
    The technical answer for what is going on is that the MediaLibrary API is (for some reason) retaining a handle to the saved image file. This is not ProShot's doing, but a bug in Microsoft's API. The way around it is to make sure ProShot is closed (hold back button, close app) before deleting your photos.

This won't be a problem in the new version because it won't use that API.
    vsmh96 and gpobernardo like this.
    05-19-2015 03:36 PM
    One main thing :)
    The biggest bottleneck in WP is WP8.0 Silverlight. It's dog slow, specifically combing the Visual Tree (think html, but for WP). ProShot has a very detailed and rich UI, with a lot of animating elements. This takes a long time for Silverlight to load. By contrast, Camera360 Sight has a very sparse UI, with (from what I can tell) no way of doing MF / ISO / Shutter adjustments, Live Filters, camera roll integrated with the viewfinder, basically all of the awesome stuff that makes ProShot, ProShot.

Not to worry though, the rewrite for ProShot will greatly simplify the Visual Tree for very fast loads.
    Spot on! I was thinking along the same lines, but since I'm not a developer or a programmer it's nice to know that it is indeed the difference in the complexity in the UI and the "lack" in customization options for the camera settings that lead to the difference in start up time... not to mention that Camera360 Sight doesn't even have the ability to take videos (I think - can't find it).

Looking forward eagerly to the re-write of ProShot.
    05-20-2015 01:56 AM
    As promised, here's the comparison with the addition of Camera360 Sight. For those who might be following the comparisons, the Lumia 1020 with the latest OS version and Denim update was used. Lumia Camera here isn't the same as Lumia Camera 5.

As usual, ISO 100 but this time under bright sunlight, giving an exposure time of just 6/10000th of a second. The target is a piece of text (in Filipino, with some bits of English) around 20 meters away. It's interesting how the ISO setting of Camera360 Sight can't be controlled but given the lighting conditions it automatically chose ISO-100, making the succeeding comparison valid:

Microsoft Camera with live digital zoom:
    wp_ss_20150520_0001-mc.jpg

Lumia Camera:
    wp_ss_20150520_0002-lc.jpg

ProShot (Sharpness Level = 0):
    wp_ss_20150520_0003-ps0.jpg

ProShot (Sharpness Level = 1):
    wp_ss_20150520_0004-ps1.jpg

Camera360 Sight:
    wp_ss_20150520_0006-cs.jpg

At first, the image taken with ProShot with level 1 sharpness stands out from the rest of the images, but that's most probably due to the increased sharpness level. Let's have a closer look.

Based on clarity and recovery of detail, ProShot with level 1 sharpness indeed has improved, this time without the smudge artifact given by the fact that the exposure time is a lot shorter this time. (I didn't upload the result with level 2 sharpness since the image was just too grainy.) This improvement in detail clarity brings ProShot closer to Microsoft Camera with live digital zoom making the comparison a bit trickier this time.

The detail produced by MC w/dz is more "complete" or "well-formed" compared to that of ProShot (level 1) - notice how some parts of some letters started to "disappear" in ProShot (level 1) while the details were still visible in MC wdz. This could be due to the slightly decreased brightness and slightly better contrast in MC. These are emphasized in the "Always Be Careful" piece of text in the smaller sign beneath the larger sign - the letters from ProShot (level 1) are slightly more washed out than those from MC wdz.

Hence, ProShot wins in terms of color saturation and over-all sharpness, but Microsoft Camera still wins (but this time only narrowly) over ProShot in terms of detail recovery at high magnifications - sharpness doesn't directly translate to detail recovery, since sometimes sharpness only means more grain.

Interestingly, Camera360 Sight is next in rank after ProShot level 1, though there's something slightly off with the color balance since the photo from C360S looks a bit reddish.

Lumia Camera, the supposed camera app flagship, follows shortly after C360S taking fourth place out of five with almost the same amount of detail (well-formed letters) as with MC but with a lot less sharpness. The smudge artifact has also disappeared, but again that's most probably due to the current shutter speed.

And, at the bottom, consistent with older comparisons (much older ones), ProShot (level 0 sharpness) comes at fifth place with the least amount of detail recovery.

Hence, for bright lighting conditions, the ranking would be (from top to bottom):
    1. Microsoft Camera,
    2. ProShot (Sharpness level = 1),
    3. Camera360 Sight,
    4. Lumia Camera and
    5. ProShot (Sharpness level = 0)
    05-20-2015 04:27 AM
    Thank you for the information. I think (in my own opinion) 360 seems to snap a little faster. I did compare it to an iPhone but yeah iPhone still won in terms of speed and being ready for the next shot. So im guessing that 360 sacrifices a little to achieve a faster shot perhaps?
    gpobernardo likes this.
    05-23-2015 07:05 AM
    Thank you for the information. I think (in my own opinion) 360 seems to snap a little faster. I did compare it to an iPhone but yeah iPhone still won in terms of speed and being ready for the next shot. So im guessing that 360 sacrifices a little to achieve a faster shot perhaps?
    It does seem like C360S takes photos faster (less lag), but it does sacrifice certain features for that, including custom photo settings (which is a lot) and the ability to take videos. The flash also seems to fire earlier with the C360S.

Checkout the details RiseUpGames mentioned in #1858.
    vsmh96 likes this.
    05-23-2015 09:38 AM
    Got a few good shots with the 920 this evening using ProShot and edited in Photoshop Express. uploadfromtaptalk1432527809868.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432527822001.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432527833752.jpg
    RiseUpGames and gpobernardo like this.
    05-24-2015 11:23 PM
    Got a few good shots with the 920 this evening using ProShot and edited in Photoshop Express. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432527809868.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	740.5 KB 
ID:	105272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432527822001.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	105273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432527833752.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	105274
    Did you see this? https://twitter.com/RiseUpGames/stat...52647012913154
    I know you've been asking for it ;)
    RaRa85 and gpobernardo like this.
    05-26-2015 04:17 AM
    Man oh man this is great!! My Experia Z3 should be updated this week and this should hold me over until the Lumia flagship launch later this year. Woo-hoo. And you have an instant buy from me.
    Last edited by RaRa85; 05-26-2015 at 03:26 PM.
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    05-26-2015 06:43 AM
    I cannot wait to hear the details about this development.
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    05-26-2015 08:21 AM
    Why has everything been so quiet lately? The suspense is killing me. Don't be like one of those people that leave a huge present on the table and say I'll be right back don't open it until I come back. I need to know something today.lol
    05-28-2015 09:11 AM
    Straight from the camera. Just playing around with shutter speeds and loving the quality I'm still able to pull out of the 920.uploadfromtaptalk1432863093246.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432863119542.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432863221394.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432863237878.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432863276132.jpg
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    05-28-2015 08:34 PM
    Why has everything been so quiet lately? The suspense is killing me. Don't be like one of those people that leave a huge present on the table and say I'll be right back don't open it until I come back. I need to know something today.lol
    Haha, to keep it short, the Android version has been a very rough journey. I honestly expected it to be done in March. In any case, it is a very ambitious project, and it will serve as a great framework for what I hope to bring to Windows 10.

Side note: I came across this render recently: Microsoft Lumia 935 flagship vision sports 31MP camera - Phones Review
    and love it so much. A suede rear mixed with a polycarbonate shell?? I'd buy that in a heartbeat.
    05-29-2015 03:06 PM
    As for the design I don't like it too much. The front looks way to 630-1320ish to me. The specs however look really good. Wow I didn't know you were actually going to go through with making an Android app. So is it finished now or when can we expect it? What about the FAQ?
    05-29-2015 03:21 PM
    Response to side note:
    No comment on the specifications.
    The concept design doesn't look appealing - it looks more like a "toy" than a "flag ship" phone. That dark grey area at the bottom of the front screen looks useless and desiccated. The camera looks awkward - needs to have a cover similar to the L1020 given the size of the lens. Offset (from the center) power button (if that IS even the power button) needs to be justified. And a 31 MP camera without a dedicated camera button doesn't sound right.
    05-29-2015 06:26 PM
    I have been shooting everything and everywhere with my Lumia 920 using ProShot. The last two shots were edited in Fhotoroom. Also I was able to get some crispy long exposure shots without a tripod. The OIS is still top notch.uploadfromtaptalk1432956642638.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432956653091.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432956669562.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432956688867.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432956702263.jpg
    vsmh96 and gpobernardo like this.
    05-29-2015 10:32 PM
    As for the design I don't like it too much. The front looks way to 630-1320ish to me. The specs however look really good. Wow I didn't know you were actually going to go through with making an Android app. So is it finished now or when can we expect it? What about the FAQ?

Response to side note:
    No comment on the specifications.
    The concept design doesn't look appealing - it looks more like a "toy" than a "flag ship" phone. That dark grey area at the bottom of the front screen looks useless and desiccated. The camera looks awkward - needs to have a cover similar to the L1020 given the size of the lens. Offset (from the center) power button (if that IS even the power button) needs to be justified. And a 31 MP camera without a dedicated camera button doesn't sound right.
    Haha, I guess I'm alone on this one. You're right though gpobernardo, releasing a 31MP phone without a camera button a huge no-no. I think what attracts me the most to that render is the mixing of materials on the back. In front of me right now are a Lumia 520, 920, 1020, HTC 8X, Samsung Galaxy S6, HTC One M9, Motorola G (2nd Gen), and a Nexus 5, and by far my favorite device in-hand is the HTC 8X. That soft-touch back is amazing.

RaRa85: aiming for next week, but it depends on a A LOT of factors. I will work on the FAQ once development has wrapped up. As with all manual camera apps on Android, the best phone to get is the Nexus 5 or 6. Samsung Galaxy S6 is really good, too, the only thing missing is RAW (which is rumored to come later).
    gpobernardo and RaRa85 like this.
    05-30-2015 09:41 PM
    Haha, I guess I'm alone on this one. You're right though gpobernardo, releasing a 31MP phone without a camera button a huge no-no. I think what attracts me the most to that render is the mixing of materials on the back. In front of me right now are a Lumia 520, 920, 1020, HTC 8X, Samsung Galaxy S6, HTC One M9, Motorola G (2nd Gen), and a Nexus 5, and by far my favorite device in-hand is the HTC 8X. That soft-touch back is amazing.

RaRa85: aiming for next week, but it depends on a A LOT of factors. I will work on the FAQ once development has wrapped up. As with all manual camera apps on Android, the best phone to get is the Nexus 5 or 6. Samsung Galaxy S6 is really good, too, the only thing missing is RAW (which is rumored to come later).
    That's quite a set you've got there.
    If I remember correctly, the HTC 8X had a matte finish, similar to the HTC 8s (which I had). The L935 render would gain some points if it had a matte option.

In response to your response to RaRa85: Will keep an eye out for that release - my dad's a photographer (hobby) and he has three Android phones. I'll let him check your app out as soon as it's available.
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    05-31-2015 02:54 AM
2,260 ... 7374757677 ...