06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 7576777879 ...
tools
    hi!
    ive installed the proshot camera app when it was free via myapp deals then uninstalled it and now, im trying to reinstall it again on my 620 but i couldnt...whenever im close to downloading and initializing installation the process suddenly stops and i have to tap again over and over again to retry and download again, theres no prompting message whatsoever, it just stops/cancel my downloading

ive tried to change regions (from philippines to US to UK) as well as change the location as to where to install the app (via phone or SD) but still no luck
    anyone knows whats wrong?
    there has been a problem with the store for a while now
    with many apps that can not be re installed
    it is a microsoft error maybe with the new W10 store
    it will be fixed
    Force2Reckon and gpobernardo like this.
    07-21-2015 03:30 AM
    It seems likely this is an issue with Microsoft's store, I've seen it happen before. It'll likely fix itself in a few hours :)
    but im trying to download again since last week =(
    im still on WP 8.1
    07-21-2015 03:48 AM
    but im trying to download again since last week =(
    im still on WP 8.1
    the problem exists for a couple of months now
    on 8.1
    the error most get is 80004005
    you will not be able to re install if you get above
    error maybe they will fix when W10 app store is fully online
    try to google translate this
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/m...3-1c0c8bc535d3
    Force2Reckon and RiseUpGames like this.
    07-21-2015 05:08 AM
    Did anyone noticed that proshot cam app crashed when using hdr mode....and also randomly crashed
    Specially on 512 Mb ram and sometime on 1gb ram Lumia. I use it on my Lumia 625 and 1320
    07-21-2015 05:15 AM
    the problem exists for a couple of months now
    on 8.1
    the error most get is 80004005
    you will not be able to re install if you get above
    error maybe they will fix when W10 app store is fully online
    try to google translate this
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/m...3-1c0c8bc535d3
    im not getting any error codes
    my installation suddenly stops just when my downloading-installing bar is almost complete and then tap again to retry and retry
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-21-2015 07:20 AM
    im not getting any error codes
    my installation suddenly stops just when my downloading-installing bar is almost complete and then tap again to retry and retry
    I'm sorry I wish I could help, but I'm just the developer. Maybe you can try contacting Microsoft: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp-support
    Force2Reckon likes this.
    07-21-2015 11:28 AM
    I'm sorry I wish I could help, but I'm just the developer. Maybe you can try contacting Microsoft: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp-support
    i did a comparative study...
    ive reinstalled Momento+ (a paid app) and managed to reinstall it, but when i tried again on proshot, it just wouldnt =(
    07-22-2015 04:03 AM
    Try soft reset, then turn off/on your phone again, and try to install it, it should work.
    Force2Reckon likes this.
    07-22-2015 11:57 AM
    Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread. I'm have ProShot and I'm ready to uninstall it. I love that I have all the flexibility that I have on a DSLR, but pictures I take with the default don't come out as good as pictures that I take with the default photo app. They're extremely dark when compared to the default camera app. Is there something I can do to make ProShot work better in "auto" mode? As an example here's a pair of photos that I took. The bright one is the default camera app, the dark one is proshot. Is there a way to fix this?
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20150722_001.jpg   2015_07_22_08_24_36_proshot.jpg  
    07-23-2015 10:45 AM
    Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread. I'm have ProShot and I'm ready to uninstall it. I love that I have all the flexibility that I have on a DSLR, but pictures I take with the default don't come out as good as pictures that I take with the default photo app. They're extremely dark when compared to the default camera app. Is there something I can do to make ProShot work better in "auto" mode? As an example here's a pair of photos that I took. The bright one is the default camera app, the dark one is proshot. Is there a way to fix this?
    1) Which phone do you have and are you running Windows 10?
    2) Is the exposure compensation dial (the [-3 0 +3] dial at the bottom of the screen) set to 0?
    3) Are you using any filters?
    07-23-2015 01:42 PM
    1) Which phone do you have and are you running Windows 10? Blu Win HD LTE running 8.1
    2) Is the exposure compensation dial (the [-3 0 +3] dial at the bottom of the screen) set to 0? It was set at -2 - that was the problem? Is there a way to easily fix my pictures? Seems like an odd UI decision to put that right where you'd easily hit it unknowingly while taking a regular picture.
    3) Are you using any filters? Not that I know of.
    07-23-2015 02:00 PM
    1) Which phone do you have and are you running Windows 10? Blu Win HD LTE running 8.1
    2) Is the exposure compensation dial (the [-3 0 +3] dial at the bottom of the screen) set to 0? It was set at -2 - that was the problem? Is there a way to easily fix my pictures? Seems like an odd UI decision to put that right where you'd easily hit it unknowingly while taking a regular picture.
    3) Are you using any filters? Not that I know of.
    Glad the problem is resolved! ProShot was designed to be used with one hand, with accessibility, speed, and minimal UI as its core principals. This is the first time I've heard of someone having an issue with the placement of the exposure comp dial, but it's noted.
    07-24-2015 12:51 AM
    Is there any sneak peek of major update of Pro Shot coming to windows phone ? :)
    07-24-2015 03:31 AM
    Is there any sneak peek of major update of Pro Shot coming to windows phone ? :)
    If you have a compatible Android device, the Android version is the best peek at where ProShot is going with respect to UI / UX: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...proshot2&hl=en

Features-wise, I can't say anything yet, but Microsoft's Camera API might just be the best API around for where I want to take this app :)
    Philip Hamm likes this.
    07-24-2015 03:54 AM
    Glad the problem is resolved! ProShot was designed to be used with one hand, with accessibility, speed, and minimal UI as its core principals. This is the first time I've heard of someone having an issue with the placement of the exposure comp dial, but it's noted.
    youre very active in addressing our queries
    thank you so much for taking time
    keep up the good work and more power!!
    07-24-2015 04:17 AM
    I got lumia 625
    also noticed on picture in the show tutorial and then field guide
    t shows there on picture on the bottom left a few little icons about contrast saturation and shadow recovery I once had those in settings but they not there anymore but those little icons on the field tutorial picture are not on my main screen either of the camera screen
    and after few pictures like 2 or 3 it just close and go to windows Phone screen so more then 2 or 3 normal pictures I can not make then it just crash to windows screen and need to restart the Phone or I can not open the app it just start loading and as soon that you see the camera screen it close so must restart Phone to make it work again for next few pictures
    and my lumia 625 has atleast that is what it say in info of Phone the version of lumia denim software
    but when I bought the proshot app I had older version think I had already 3 maybe 4 updates of window software on Phone and on all software it does the same it never really worked like click and go it is just if Lucky 3 clicks then it just shut down even had few times that my Phone just restarted on its own after proshot closed to the windows screen it also closed down the whole Phone and restarted it
    and if I see what pictures people make in here with proshot I stil on every update hope it finally works as it shouls be and I can go try out and make my own pictures but for now it is not fun to work with it if have to restart after each 2 or 3 pictures
    07-28-2015 01:51 AM
    I got lumia 625
    also noticed on picture in the show tutorial and then field guide
    t shows there on picture on the bottom left a few little icons about contrast saturation and shadow recovery I once had those in settings but they not there anymore but those little icons on the field tutorial picture are not on my main screen either of the camera screen
    and after few pictures like 2 or 3 it just close and go to windows Phone screen so more then 2 or 3 normal pictures I can not make then it just crash to windows screen and need to restart the Phone or I can not open the app it just start loading and as soon that you see the camera screen it close so must restart Phone to make it work again for next few pictures
    and my lumia 625 has atleast that is what it say in info of Phone the version of lumia denim software
    but when I bought the proshot app I had older version think I had already 3 maybe 4 updates of window software on Phone and on all software it does the same it never really worked like click and go it is just if Lucky 3 clicks then it just shut down even had few times that my Phone just restarted on its own after proshot closed to the windows screen it also closed down the whole Phone and restarted it
    and if I see what pictures people make in here with proshot I stil on every update hope it finally works as it shouls be and I can go try out and make my own pictures but for now it is not fun to work with it if have to restart after each 2 or 3 pictures
    Please accept my apologies for the issues you are having. I am aware that certain Lumia devices don't work well with ProShot, Microsoft made some strange hardware choices that affected the app. At this point I have suspended development on the current version of ProShot while I work on rewriting the app for Windows 10 Mobile. I wish I had better news to report, but I believe it will be worth the wait :)
    mccririck and costas60 like this.
    07-28-2015 02:49 AM
    guess I need to wait then not sure if lumia 625 get windows 10 update to seems I got the Phone bit longer then a year thought was one of newest models but when updates come out then it is Always one of the last to get the update and on this site I do not even see a forum about 625 I see 620 and 630 but no 625 maybe I got funny model
    but thanks for reply
    07-28-2015 02:56 AM
    guess I need to wait then not sure if lumia 625 get windows 10 update to seems I got the Phone bit longer then a year thought was one of newest models but when updates come out then it is Always one of the last to get the update and on this site I do not even see a forum about 625 I see 620 and 630 but no 625 maybe I got funny model
    but thanks for reply
    Microsoft says that every Windows Phone will get W10, so no worries :)
    07-28-2015 03:03 AM
    Here's the promised more "controlled" comparison of the level of detail capture by the Lumia Camera, Microsoft Camera and ProShot (at level 1 sharpness). Shots were taken at ISO-100 on a tripod, all the rest at auto. Target was a "No Crossing" Sign around 30 meters away. Criterion for comparison: legibility of the "MMDA" sign on the lower right of the road sign. Zooming was done using the "Zoom" app, and the uploaded images are screenshots of the zoomed-in image (original photos are too large).

Here's the 5-MP version of the image in the view finder, to give the reader an idea on how small the target is (it's the lower right corner on the pink road sign).
    Attachment 104653

Lumia Camera:
    Attachment 104649

Microsoft Camera:
    Attachment 104650

ProShot without live zoom:
    Attachment 104651

ProShot at 10x live digital zoom:
    Attachment 104652

Verdict:
    Interestingly, the Lumia Camera seemed to perform the worst in terms of detail recovery. Lumia Camera had a hint of smudging, indicative of a slight movement in the lens assembly even if the camera (or phone) was perfectly still - it's unclear though how this would have happened since the sun was shining brightly and the shutter speed for these photos are at 1/290 sec.

ProShot without live digital zoom could have produced the sharpest image, but at level 1 sharpness the noise was starting to get in the way of detail (level 0 sharpness is simply as not sharp as Lumia Camera and would put ProShot behind Lumia Camera). There were also smudge-like artifacts in the detail. ProShot with 10x live-digital zoom performed slightly better with less noise and less of the smudge-like artifact.

The clear winner in the comparison, as with my previous less-"controlled" comparison, is Microsoft Camera. None of the smudge-artifact, better brightness than the Lumia Camera, less grain than ProShot and the individual letters "MMDA" could individually be recognized.

As an added bonus, I also compared the differences in the lags of these camera apps. Focus was pre-fixed (half-press), and then the shutter was pressed at the moment the tip of the car goes behind or appeared to "touch" the stem of the plant (as shown in the photo, the cars are all behind the same plant). Factoring in my average reaction time of 190-210 milliseconds, I managed to consistently press the shutter such that the last image I see in the screen of my phone is the car's nose "touching" the stem of the plant. Hence, any lags between that point would be shown by how much the nose of the car has passed beyond the stem of the plant. All of the cars were travelling at around 50 kph.

Lumia Camera:
    Attachment 104654

Microsoft Camera:
    Attachment 104655

ProShot:
    Attachment 104656

All of the three apps had the same lag time in their unzoomed and zoomed configuration, i.e. the lag for Microsoft camera without zoom is the same with the lag of Microsoft camera with live digital zoom, etc.

Again, the clear winner is Microsoft Camera with the nose of the car far from the end of the white lane marker.

The difference in lag between ProShot and Lumia Camera is very small, but by a fraction of a fraction of a second ProShot takes second place from Lumia Camera, placing Lumia Camera at the third and last position.

Conclusion:
    In terms of detail recovery and shutter lag, Microsoft Camera with maximum live digital zoom clearly wins, with ProShot in second place and Lumia Camera in third place. One must note, however, that without live digital zoom, Microsoft Camera won't be able to recovery as much detail simply by the fact that Microsoft Camera takes low resolution photos.
    Are you really using screenshots to make a photography comparison?

The ProShot developer just explaing two posts above yours what could happen with Viewfinder... Screenshots are for games, not photography....
    08-06-2015 04:59 PM
    Are you really using screenshots to make a photography comparison?

The ProShot developer just explaing two posts above yours what could happen with Viewfinder... Screenshots are for games, not photography....
    If you read carefully what has been posted, I used the Zoom app in my phone to view the enlarged version of the image already taken with those different camera apps and then took a screenshot out of the Zoom app. Hence, whatever the method used in extracting the image from my phone and posting them here did not have any effect on the analysis of the performance of the camera apps indicated above since the method only comes after the shots have already been taken, i.e. if I copy the photos to my laptop and then use Adobe Photoshop CC to examine the _highres.jpg files, the results will still be the same.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

P.S.
    Screenshots can be used for a lot of purposes, from bragging high scores in "games" to providing key information in debugging apps, as well as in giving demonstrations for prototypes in remote-work. Let us not underestimate the tools laid down before us.
    08-08-2015 04:04 AM
    If you read carefully what has been posted, I used the Zoom app in my phone to view the enlarged version of the image already taken with those different camera apps and then took a screenshot out of the Zoom app. Hence, whatever the method used in extracting the image from my phone and posting them here did not have any effect on the analysis of the performance of the camera apps indicated above since the method only comes after the shots have already been taken, i.e. if I copy the photos to my laptop and then use Adobe Photoshop CC to examine the _highres.jpg files, the results will still be the same.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

P.S.
    Screenshots can be used for a lot of purposes, from bragging high scores in "games" to providing key information in debugging apps, as well as in giving demonstrations for prototypes in remote-work. Let us not underestimate the tools laid down before us.
    Ok, now I get it. Thanks!

But I still don't think it's the best way to make a fair comparison, even with possible same results on file, not screenshot.

Anyway, JPEG on Lumia is the worst thing in the world, the post process just ruined everything. Proshot have the best results, but not fix the system problem. I use only Rawer to extract my pictures on fast share (not perfect, have a lot of noise and bad color profile, but 80% of time WAY BETTER than JPEG compression) in smartphone or Lightroom on PC (here I have almost cheap DSLR results).

Hope Microsoft change the algorithms or SDK on Windows 10 (right now I have it on my old Lumia 920 and the results are very good in every conditions, pictures MUCH BETTER than my father's L830 or mine L930). Right now JPEG pictures on WP are useless and give us really bad results. Sometimes even smartphones that have bad cmeras take better pictures than me.

Still that, like I say, ProShot have better general results than others, especially the new Lumia Camera, wich is horrible in certain conditions. On ProShot looks like colors fidelity are much better preserved and the contrast level is not that agressive than others apps. And night pictures, with or without flash, ProShot on auto try to use low ISO. It's not what happening with others apps too.

So, I really think that ProShot is the best answer for photography on Lumia if you ignore or don't like DNG files.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-08-2015 10:56 AM
    Ok, now I get it. Thanks!

But I still don't think it's the best way to make a fair comparison, even with possible same results on file, not screenshot.

Anyway, JPEG on Lumia is the worst thing in the world, the post process just ruined everything. Proshot have the best results, but not fix the system problem. I use only Rawer to extract my pictures on fast share (not perfect, have a lot of noise and bad color profile, but 80% of time WAY BETTER than JPEG compression) in smartphone or Lightroom on PC (here I have almost cheap DSLR results).

Hope Microsoft change the algorithms or SDK on Windows 10 (right now I have it on my old Lumia 920 and the results are very good in every conditions, pictures MUCH BETTER than my father's L830 or mine L930). Right now JPEG pictures on WP are useless and give us really bad results. Sometimes even smartphones that have bad cmeras take better pictures than me.

Still that, like I say, ProShot have better general results than others, especially the new Lumia Camera, wich is horrible in certain conditions. On ProShot looks like colors fidelity are much better preserved and the contrast level is not that agressive than others apps. And night pictures, with or without flash, ProShot on auto try to use low ISO. It's not what happening with others apps too.

So, I really think that ProShot is the best answer for photography on Lumia if you ignore or don't like DNG files.
    You're welcome ;)

I agree that ProShot is a nice camera - I have nothing against it actually and I support the developer in his efforts. But the developer, RiseUpGames, may correct me if I got this wrong - that ProShot uses the Lumia SDK for imaging. I'm not a developer nor a programmer, but I think I remember this being mentioned somewhere in the past.

It would be nice to see comparisons of images using the same device but using different camera apps. I don't have an L920, an L830 and an L930, but wouldn't the comparison be more just if we compared the images taken with different camera apps but only using one device? It's a bit tricky to compare ProShot images from the L920 with Lumia Camera images from the L830 and L930.

But yes, I'm also hoping that Windows 10 will bring imaging improvements to our current phones, taking into account the inherent hardware limitations.
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    08-08-2015 11:32 AM
    A old comparison that I have here.

Lumia Camera (new version)

ProShot

Like you guys can see, the results on ProShot are much much better in this situation. Yeah, Lumia Camera (new version) is crisper, but that's a result of a very agressive and bad post processing. It's not correctly. Look at bad contrast levels and colors on Lumia Camera.

OFFTOPIC

Now the real power not unleashed on Lumia Camera. The DNG file with no changes. I have only opened on Lightroom and saved a 10MPX JPEG.

08-08-2015 12:02 PM
    You're welcome ;)

I agree that ProShot is a nice camera - I have nothing against it actually and I support the developer in his efforts. But the developer, RiseUpGames, may correct me if I got this wrong - that ProShot uses the Lumia SDK for imaging. I'm not a developer nor a programmer, but I think I remember this being mentioned somewhere in the past.

It would be nice to see comparisons of images using the same device but using different camera apps. I don't have an L920, an L830 and an L930, but wouldn't the comparison be more just if we compared the images taken with different camera apps but only using one device? It's a bit tricky to compare ProShot images from the L920 with Lumia Camera images from the L830 and L930.

But yes, I'm also hoping that Windows 10 will bring imaging improvements to our current phones, taking into account the inherent hardware limitations.
    ProShot only uses the Lumia Imaging SDK to super-sample the high res (20/41MP) images down to 5/8/10/12MP, or for sharpening. The rest (filters, shadow recovery, etc) are algorithms written by me :)

On the subject of color, I have a little secret about ProShot to share. In order to get Burst Mode to work properly on the WP8 SDK, ProShot uses a hardware trick. This trick limits the resolution of the final image, but it completely bypasses the standard image processing algorithm, and saves an unfiltered snapshot directly off the image sensor. The resolution of this photo matches the resolution of your phone's screen, so if your device is 720p or higher, it's actually perfectly usable for instagram.
    08-08-2015 07:01 PM
2,260 ... 7576777879 ...