06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 7677787980 ...
tools
    ProShot only uses the Lumia Imaging SDK to super-sample the high res (20/41MP) images down to 5/8/10/12MP, or for sharpening. The rest (filters, shadow recovery, etc) are algorithms written by me :)

On the subject of color, I have a little secret about ProShot to share. In order to get Burst Mode to work properly on the WP8 SDK, ProShot uses a hardware trick. This trick limits the resolution of the final image, but it completely bypasses the standard image processing algorithm, and saves an unfiltered snapshot directly off the image sensor. The resolution of this photo matches the resolution of your phone's screen, so if your device is 720p or higher, it's actually perfectly usable for instagram.
    Just like old Lumias? Like Lumia 720, 820 or 920? Because the snapshot is really close or the same than final Picture on these smarts.

I have a question. Don't you have any interest on DNG files or there's no way to work with it? Because would be perfect if ProShot could manipulate DNG files to save on JPEG.
    Last edited by Rodrigo Mendes; 08-09-2015 at 08:46 AM.
    08-08-2015 09:45 PM
    ProShot only uses the Lumia Imaging SDK to super-sample the high res (20/41MP) images down to 5/8/10/12MP, or for sharpening. The rest (filters, shadow recovery, etc) are algorithms written by me :)

On the subject of color, I have a little secret about ProShot to share. In order to get Burst Mode to work properly on the WP8 SDK, ProShot uses a hardware trick. This trick limits the resolution of the final image, but it completely bypasses the standard image processing algorithm, and saves an unfiltered snapshot directly off the image sensor. The resolution of this photo matches the resolution of your phone's screen, so if your device is 720p or higher, it's actually perfectly usable for instagram.
    Thanks for the clarification, RiseUpGames, and for the tip!
    08-09-2015 12:41 AM
    Just like old Lumias? Like Lumia 720, 820 or 920? Because the snapshot is really close or the same than final Picture on these smarts.

I have a question. Don't you have any interest on DNG files or there's no way to work with it? Because would be perfect if ProShot could manipulate DNG files to save on JPEG.
    I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand what you mean by old Lumias, but it's not a screenshot, it's a frame pulled directly off the image sensor :)

The sad news is that there is no way to get DNG files, that API is private. Even sadder is it looks like that API is going to continue to be private in Windows 10.

On the plus side, the new Windows 10 Camera API is going to be MUCH BETTER than the 8.0 API that was used to make ProShot. This fall is going to be exciting :)
    08-10-2015 03:26 AM
    I'm sorry I'm not sure I understand what you mean by old Lumias, but it's not a screenshot, it's a frame pulled directly off the image sensor :)

The sad news is that there is no way to get DNG files, that API is private. Even sadder is it looks like that API is going to continue to be private in Windows 10.

On the plus side, the new Windows 10 Camera API is going to be MUCH BETTER than the 8.0 API that was used to make ProShot. This fall is going to be exciting :)
    Thanks for this explanation!!

I mean that old Lumias, the first ones, they have less agressive post process than Lumia 930 or Lumia 830. Like I say, I certain circunstances, I have better pictures on Lumia 920 than Lumia 930.

I'm exciting about Windows 10 and photography as well..
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-10-2015 08:10 AM

wow that's great ...can you tell us more about these new improved API in windows 10......

off topic: uploading images through an app in wp8 and wp8.1 degrades image quality...is that improved in windows mobile 10 ?
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-10-2015 09:22 AM
    wow that's great ...can you tell us more about these new improved API in windows 10......

off topic: uploading images through an app in wp8 and wp8.1 degrades image quality...is that improved in windows mobile 10 ?
    Which app you talking about? Because I think it's nothing to do with Windows Phone. I can send my full 20mpx files to OneDrive or upload on a website. But some sites/apps have limitations because they not allow large files. Happens even on a PC.
    08-11-2015 08:55 AM
    Which app you talking about? Because I think it's nothing to do with Windows Phone. I can send my full 20mpx files to OneDrive or upload on a website. But some sites/apps have limitations because they not allow large files. Happens even on a PC.
    facebook, messenger does that......i forgot where but i think someone in forum had posted that developer like rudy huyn has mentioned available api is to blame for poor quality image upload.....
    08-11-2015 11:15 PM
    Thanks for this explanation!!

I mean that old Lumias, the first ones, they have less agressive post process than Lumia 930 or Lumia 830. Like I say, I certain circunstances, I have better pictures on Lumia 920 than Lumia 930.

I'm exciting about Windows 10 and photography as well..
    Oh yeah, I think it was the Lumia black firmware that ruined low light shots; I don't know why the yellow cast was never fixed :/ I remember really liking the native images out of my 920 before one of the major firmware updates (maybe it was Cyan?)

I can't talk about it too much without giving away where I am going with the new ProShot , but it's quite an improvement over the WP8.0 API. Th improved pipeline will make camera apps faster, easier access to "raw" (note: not RAW / DNG) image data means quicker processing / filters / shot-to-shot times, and added abilities will allow camera apps to do a lot more interesting stuff with the data they pull off the image sensor.

As far as uploading images are concerned, I'm not sure if that is improved, it's up to the app to handle the upload. When you hit the share button and send an image to email, the image will be compressed. But, if you send the image to OneDrive, it will grab the full res image.
    08-12-2015 03:19 AM
    I can't talk about it too much without giving away where I am going with the new ProShot , but it's quite an improvement over the WP8.0 API. Th improved pipeline will make camera apps faster, easier access to "raw" (note: not RAW / DNG) image data means quicker processing / filters / shot-to-shot times, and added abilities will allow camera apps to do a lot more interesting stuff with the data they pull off the image sensor.
    Intriguing!
    gpobernardo likes this.
    08-12-2015 11:00 AM
    facebook, messenger does that......i forgot where but i think someone in forum had posted that developer like rudy huyn has mentioned available api is to blame for poor quality image upload.....
    Exaclty, but there's nothing to do with Windows Phone and it's not a exclusive thing about apps for Windows Phone. This is a API limitation because Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others don't want larger files on servers. They are not good for fast share.
    Last edited by Rodrigo Mendes; 08-12-2015 at 04:00 PM.
    08-12-2015 03:47 PM
    By far the best camera app.
    08-17-2015 08:36 PM
    Is there any chance to add panorama mode, because we don't have any app to take panorama photos, both photosynth and Lumia panorama are discontinued? Thank you in advance.
    09-19-2015 04:04 AM
    Looking forward to what's coming for Windows 10 Mobile and the new app. It's been a while so I'll have to read from a while back to catch up on what I've missed. Rocking the Sony Xperia Z3 still and hoping to upgrade ASAP to the Lumia 950/950XL (I'm not picky :D). Just sharing some controlled situation snaps from the house on the old Lumia 920. I will never sell that phone.On the first three shots I'm actually using the light from my Xperia Z3 screen for the lighting at varying distances and 4 second exposure. The last picture uses more light from the kitchen.All if these are unedited.uploadfromtaptalk1443623596808.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443623613827.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443623629494.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443623640838.jpg

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
    09-30-2015 09:35 AM
    I've read somewhere that the Win10 imaging SDKs are now available to developers - exciting things are coming :)
    10-01-2015 02:10 AM
    I've read somewhere that the Win10 imaging SDKs are now available to developers - exciting things are coming :)
    That's great. Can't wait to see what it entails and what developers do with it.
    10-01-2015 07:14 AM
    is proshot able to save the gps information in the picture meta data? i cannot find any information regarding this. thanks in advance for the replies!
    10-21-2015 05:13 AM
    Hey RiseUpGames, I was part of the Beta Testers prosram for Android which I no longer am since my phone never became compatible. I see some exciting new features you have for the full app. When can we expect some more news for the Windows 10 Mobile app or will we be getting a beta app for those on the Insider Program?

10-21-2015 07:03 AM
    is proshot able to save the gps information in the picture meta data? i cannot find any information regarding this. thanks in advance for the replies!
    Yep, it's all there, unless you disable location in Setting -> photos+camera

Hey RiseUpGames, I was part of the Beta Testers prosram for Android which I no longer am since my phone never became compatible. I see some exciting new features you have for the full app. When can we expect some more news for the Windows 10 Mobile app or will we be getting a beta app for those on the Insider Program?

The story with ProShot for W10 really, really long. It's coming this year, but I'm sorry I don't have anymore information to share at this time. I feel awful that the update has been promised for so long now, but some things are just out of my control. At lot of this year has been waiting for Microsoft to get the OS and APIs ready. Once again, it's coming this year. And I'm really excited for it.

P.S. I added Android 5.0 support today, and a new mode. You should check it out :)
    10-21-2015 04:51 PM
    Yep, it's all there, unless you disable location in Setting -> photos+camera

The story with ProShot for W10 really, really long. It's coming this year, but I'm sorry I don't have anymore information to share at this time. I feel awful that the update has been promised for so long now, but some things are just out of my control. At lot of this year has been waiting for Microsoft to get the OS and APIs ready. Once again, it's coming this year. And I'm really excited for it.

P.S. I added Android 5.0 support today, and a new mode. You should check it out :)
    Well ok I guess I'll just wait then. And I'll check out the new 5.0 support for my Xperia Z3. I wish you could share more information as far as the W10M app but I understand if you can't right now.

10-21-2015 05:20 PM
    Before I get my hopes up I have an Xperia Z3 running on Android 5.0.2. Can you tell me how to get the app and what limitations (I understand the complexity of the different phones and OEMs) I can expect before decoding to try it out or not?

10-21-2015 05:44 PM
    Before I get my hopes up I have an Xperia Z3 running on Android 5.0.2. Can you tell me how to get the app and what limitations (I understand the complexity of the different phones and OEMs) I can expect before decoding to try it out or not?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...games.proshot2
    It's on sale now for $0.99. If you don't like it I'd have no problem giving a refund.

Manual ISO and shutter control won't be available on your Z3 (Sony never added Camera2 API support for this), but I did recently add a Light Painting mode that is compatible with all phones, which does allow some control of shutter, in a sense. It's pretty fun :)
    10-23-2015 11:38 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...games.proshot2
    It's on sale now for $0.99. If you don't like it I'd have no problem giving a refund.

Manual ISO and shutter control won't be available on your Z3 (Sony never added Camera2 API support for this), but I did recently add a Light Painting mode that is compatible with all phones, which does allow some control of shutter, in a sense. It's pretty fun :)
    Ok thanks for the info.
    10-23-2015 11:40 AM
    Saw the camera comparison between L1020 & Iphone 6s, Proshot apps was used on L1020 to compare with Iphone 6s.
    Not sure any of you guys had read it before, anyway, link as follow:

Camera head to head: Lumia 1020 vs Apple iPhone 6s
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    10-24-2015 07:57 PM
    Saw the camera comparison between L1020 & Iphone 6s, Proshot apps was used on L1020 to compare with Iphone 6s.
    Not sure any of you guys had read it before, anyway, link as follow:

Camera head to head: Lumia 1020 vs Apple iPhone 6s
    Thank you for sharing! I did everything I could to speed up ProShot on the Lumia 1020, but the CPU is just too slow to process those 41MP. It would have been the perfect cameraphone if only it were faster :/ The new pipeline in the W10 Camera API should speed things up at least a little. I'm doing my best but I wouldn't expect miracles. The CPU is the real bottleneck.

Side note: I'm surprised to see just how aggressive Apple's JPEG sharpening is. They did a good job controlling sharpening artifacts in image noise, but the sharpening halos are pretty serious.
    10-26-2015 01:14 AM
    When is the W10M ProShot coming?
    11-20-2015 12:04 PM
2,260 ... 7677787980 ...