06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 7778798081 ...
tools
    When is the W10M ProShot coming?
    I'm doing my best to have it ready by the end of the year. It's a massive undertaking and there's a lot of pressure to get it right. I want to have a code base that can flex and evolve in the years to come :)
    r2SN, RaRa85, mccririck and 3 others like this.
    11-20-2015 01:16 PM
    I'm doing my best to have it ready by the end of the year. It's a massive undertaking and there's a lot of pressure to get it right. I want to have a code base that can flex and evolve in the years to come :)
    Proshot is one hell of a app. Great work. If my knowledge serves me right its the only app that might be contender to take on Lumia camera and defeat it. Full of features. Thumbs up. And do take your time.
    RiseUpGames and RaRa85 like this.
    11-20-2015 01:24 PM
    When I tried to click same picture first with Default Camera and then using Pro Shot... Pro picture was having hell.lot of brightness but default camera result was better. Both cameras I used with AUTO SETTINGS. By options and features I love pro shot but this AUTO problem... Is there any solution for it?
    11-23-2015 02:45 AM
    When I tried to click same picture first with Default Camera and then using Pro Shot... Pro picture was having hell.lot of brightness but default camera result was better. Both cameras I used with AUTO SETTINGS. By options and features I love pro shot but this AUTO problem... Is there any solution for it?
    Check the exposure compensation dial (bottom center of the screen), is it set to 0?
    11-24-2015 03:58 AM
    Hey man can you add manual controls for temperature and tint. Thank you.
    11-24-2015 08:26 AM
    Hey man can you add manual controls for temperature and tint. Thank you.
    I don't know how broadly compatible the APIs will be (varies from device to device), but I do know that a manual temperature API is there. Tint, however, is not supported at this time.

Edit: there is a way to adjust tint, but as a post process. The only way to do it live would be the way ProShot does it now (route the camera stream through the GPU), but that made the code really hard to maintain, and I'm not sure I want to take that route yet, at least not with the first release of the new app.
    Last edited by RiseUpGames; 11-25-2015 at 02:07 AM.
    RaRa85, S_a_l_a_d and r2SN like this.
    11-25-2015 01:04 AM
    I don't know how broadly compatible the APIs will be (varies from device to device), but I do know that a manual temperature API is there. Tint, however, is not supported at this time.

Edit: there is a way to adjust tint, but as a post process. The only way to do it live would be the way ProShot does it now (route the camera stream through the GPU), but that made the code really hard to maintain, and I'm not sure I want to take that route yet, at least not with the first release of the new app.
    Thanks man, much appreciated. Although these features will be awesome, but please do take your time. :)
    11-25-2015 03:02 AM
    Do the new APIs allow us to set a custom compression level of the JPG?
    11-25-2015 08:24 AM
    Do the new APIs allow us to set a custom compression level of the JPG?
    The answer right now is a bit complicated, still need to dig more into the API to see how certain things work. Rest assured I will do everything I can to get the maximum image quality out of the camera.
    S_a_l_a_d likes this.
    11-26-2015 11:15 PM
    Guys,
    Just bought this app.
    Still cannot use Manual mode on Lumia 640XL.
    Please help.

Thanks.
    11-27-2015 11:16 PM
    Guys,
    Just bought this app.
    Still cannot use Manual mode on Lumia 640XL.
    Please help.

Thanks.
    Please accept my apologies. On certain devices, apps using the older WP8.0 camera API (like ProShot) seem to be unable to access manual controls. Microsoft likely removed support for it. This will be addressed with the W10 update!

P.S.: Someone posted a fake ProShot beta app onto the Windows Store, and Microsoft inexplicably approved it. Beware.
    Last edited by RiseUpGames; 11-28-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    11-28-2015 02:33 AM

Hey man can you highlight the difference between the api of Lumia camera and that of android. Also the hurdles in both which block more features to be added(for latest api's)
    12-01-2015 01:46 PM
    Hey man can you highlight the difference between the api of Lumia camera and that of android. Also the hurdles in both which block more features to be added(for latest api's)
    I will be able to answer this in more detail in a few weeks as I dive deeper into it (and will throw in a bonus iOS comparison). Windows API has a few tricks up its sleeve, and combined with the Lumia Imaging SDK, makes for a very powerful set of tools.
    HaibaneReki and r2SN like this.
    12-01-2015 06:17 PM
    I will be able to answer this in more detail in a few weeks as I dive deeper into it (and will throw in a bonus iOS comparison). Windows API has a few tricks up its sleeve, and combined with the Lumia Imaging SDK, makes for a very powerful set of tools.
    Thank you. Looking forward to it. :)
    12-01-2015 10:27 PM
    hi there...the new lumia 950/XL have max shutter speed 4 seconds.Is it possible to extend that to 30 sec?
    12-02-2015 06:32 PM
    hi there...the new lumia 950/XL have max shutter speed 4 seconds.Is it possible to extend that to 30 sec?
    Hey man I've seen you around. How many phones do you own?lol
    12-02-2015 06:41 PM
    Hey man I've seen you around. How many phones do you own?lol
    At this moment, Lumia 950 and LG G4.
    12-02-2015 06:43 PM
    At this moment, Lumia 950 and LG G4.
    Ah, I thought I saw some of your pics in a pictures forum from the Android side. I have the LG V10 currently and it is by far the most capable phone I've used camera wise. Even better than the Lumia 1020 mainly due to the camera software and abilities. Pure 30 second exposure is so much fun. Also love preview of shutter speed and ISO changes before you take the shot. These are things I'm looking to see come to Windows Phone photography which used to be king of manual controls.
    Con Georgiadis likes this.
    12-02-2015 06:46 PM
    I need to get the ProShot app for Android. I haven't touched it since trying it on the limited Xperia Z3 and LG has me spoiled already. Especially with shots like these with no edits whatsoever but I think it's time to add ProShot for Android to my list too.(had an issue uploading the full res pics but you get the idea)
    mccririck likes this.
    12-02-2015 09:06 PM
    Unfortunately the hardware doesn't allow it :( I'm hoping to bring Light Painting mode (from Android ProShot) to Windows Phone to make up for it.

I need to get the ProShot app for Android. I haven't touched it since trying it on the limited Xperia Z3 and LG has me spoiled already. Especially with shots like these with no edits whatsoever but I think it's time to add ProShot for Android to my list too
    The V10 has such an amazing camera. Unfortunately LG locked third party apps out of 30s shutter speed, but it may be possible to get around that. My investigation into that has not gone well so far, but I still believe it's possible.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    12-02-2015 10:09 PM
    Unfortunately the hardware doesn't allow it :( I'm hoping to bring Light Painting mode (from Android ProShot) to Windows Phone to make up for it.

The V10 has such an amazing camera. Unfortunately LG locked third party apps out of 30s shutter speed, but it may be possible to get around that. My investigation into that has not gone well so far, but I still believe it's possible.
    How long would LG allow through a third party app? 8 seconds is plenty.
    12-02-2015 10:12 PM
    How long would LG allow through a third party app? 8 seconds is plenty.
    Divide that by 11. LG only allows 0.7s :/
    Fortunately, with ProShot's Light Painting mode, you can still capture great light trails even with those limitations.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    12-03-2015 01:10 AM
    That's so great to hear. One important question: Do you think it is possible the camera-button in W10 can be routed to open ProShot as the default app in the future ? There is an option in the settings but the list to chose just consists of the Win Camera App. For me this is a crucial point, I just received my lumia 950 but I'm so unhappy with the results windows camera produces (oversharpened & oversaturated) and have to decide of giving the device back and continue with my 808. Thank you!
    12-07-2015 06:03 AM
    And the most important question: do you think its possible to adjust default values for sharpening & saturation/colorization in ProShot unter W10M ?
    As already stated, I really hate what Windows camera produces with the Lumia 950 but the RAW output is beautyful albeit a little exaggerated reds.
    12-07-2015 11:26 AM
    That's so great to hear. One important question: Do you think it is possible the camera-button in W10 can be routed to open ProShot as the default app in the future ? There is an option in the settings but the list to chose just consists of the Win Camera App. For me this is a crucial point, I just received my lumia 950 but I'm so unhappy with the results windows camera produces (oversharpened & oversaturated) and have to decide of giving the device back and continue with my 808. Thank you!
    I'm in talks with Microsoft about it, and it's not looking good.

And the most important question: do you think its possible to adjust default values for sharpening & saturation/colorization in ProShot unter W10M ?
    As already stated, I really hate what Windows camera produces with the Lumia 950 but the RAW output is beautyful albeit a little exaggerated reds.
    I'm actually going to take a step back from answering W10 API questions for the time being until I learn more. I don't want to spread any misinformation.
    Laura Knotek and HaibaneReki like this.
    12-07-2015 10:33 PM
2,260 ... 7778798081 ...