06-09-2017 09:12 AM
2,260 ... 8081828384 ...
tools
    Hi all, any news about new version for Windows 10 Mobile?
    Thanks!!!

Sent from mTalk
    01-13-2016 09:12 AM
    Hi all, any news about new version for Windows 10 Mobile?
    Thanks!!!

Sent from mTalk
    It pains me to have to keep giving this answer, but no news right now. Just released a huge iOS update today (that I've been working on since June) so I have to focus on that for a bit. I know it all sounds like I've abandoned the project, but I haven't. There's just a lot of stuff happening and it's affecting my update speeds for all platforms.
    01-14-2016 01:37 AM
    It pains me to have to keep giving this answer, but no news right now. Just released a huge iOS update today (that I've been working on since June) so I have to focus on that for a bit. I know it all sounds like I've abandoned the project, but I haven't. There's just a lot of stuff happening and it's affecting my update speeds for all platforms.
    Do you need somebody to help you update the Windows Phone app?
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    01-14-2016 01:44 AM
    Do you need somebody to help you update the Windows Phone app?
    I truly appreciate it, but splitting the project between devs would be more work for me than doing it myself (code guidelines, code review, setting up meetings, etc)
    gpobernardo likes this.
    01-15-2016 05:36 PM
    Hey RiseUpGames, love your app and really looking forward to the update. I just have one request, if it is possible of course! Following the removal of the bracketing feature from the Windows Camera app, do you think it would be possible to increase the number of shots possible on Pro Shot's bracketing feature from 3 to 5 while retaining the exposure range? Would be great if this is possible, even if it is just for bracketing only then we can merge later with Photomatix or similar!

What do you think? :)
    Dot Matrix likes this.
    01-16-2016 04:00 AM
    Hey RiseUpGames, love your app and really looking forward to the update. I just have one request, if it is possible of course! Following the removal of the bracketing feature from the Windows Camera app, do you think it would be possible to increase the number of shots possible on Pro Shot's bracketing feature from 3 to 5 while retaining the exposure range? Would be great if this is possible, even if it is just for bracketing only then we can merge later with Photomatix or similar!

What do you think? :)
    Adding a 5-frame option should be possible, just need to figure out a better way to show the options in the UI. Feature requests are prioritized based on popularity, doing my best to get around to all of them.
    Dot Matrix likes this.
    01-17-2016 04:22 PM
    Many thanks! I am sure it would be widely appreciated given the removal of bracketing and ProShot could be fillling that gap.

Now a question more than a request: When we select 5MP size over the full 16/19MP (L930) is the result also oversampled as how it is done with Lumia/Windows Camera?
    01-18-2016 12:33 AM
    Many thanks! I am sure it would be widely appreciated given the removal of bracketing and ProShot could be fillling that gap.

Now a question more than a request: When we select 5MP size over the full 16/19MP (L930) is the result also oversampled as how it is done with Lumia/Windows Camera?
    Yep, oversampled using Nokia's Imaging SDK. Any resolution lower than 5MP is not oversampled, however.
    01-19-2016 12:03 AM
    Thanks for the info and for your great work!
    01-19-2016 12:37 AM
    Adding a 5-frame option should be possible, just need to figure out a better way to show the options in the UI. Feature requests are prioritized based on popularity, doing my best to get around to all of them.
    I would very much love to have a 5 frame bracketing feature in ProShot as well. Shame Microsoft removed it. Another feature request I have would bee for a way to lock in a zoom level once set. I have found that I accidentally will trigger automatic zoom by touching an area of the frame, and will have to reset my manual zoom.
    01-20-2016 05:32 PM
    Yep, oversampled using Nokia's Imaging SDK. Any resolution lower than 5MP is not oversampled, however.
    Hi, RiseUPGames,

Someone's got a query about your app (but it's in a different thread). Figured that only you can answer this with certainty. Have a look at it here when you've got the time.
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    01-28-2016 12:54 PM
    Hi, RiseUPGames,

Someone's got a query about your app (but it's in a different thread). Figured that only you can answer this with certainty. Have a look at it here when you've got the time.
    Thank you so much for letting me know. I usually spend time each day scouring the internet for unanswered questions about ProShot, but I've been ridiculously behind on work ^_^ Thanks again!!
    gpobernardo likes this.
    01-28-2016 07:04 PM
    Thank you so much for letting me know. I usually spend time each day scouring the internet for unanswered questions about ProShot, but I've been ridiculously behind on work ^_^ Thanks again!!
    You're welcome.
    01-28-2016 09:49 PM
    Hi RiseUpGames:

ProShot installed and seems to be working properly on my Lumia 640 running W10 build .107. What will the W10 update bring? One thing I have noticed, and I am not sure if it is just a one-off problem, but for some reason photos taken with ProShot upload much more slowly than ones taken with the native Camera app. This morning I took two shots with ProShot then one with Camera of the same scene and when I went to OneDrive the third shot taken with Camera was there almost instantly but it was several minutes before the ProShot versions arrived.
    03-02-2016 10:01 AM
    Hi RiseUpGames:

ProShot installed and seems to be working properly on my Lumia 640 running W10 build .107. What will the W10 update bring? One thing I have noticed, and I am not sure if it is just a one-off problem, but for some reason photos taken with ProShot upload much more slowly than ones taken with the native Camera app. This morning I took two shots with ProShot then one with Camera of the same scene and when I went to OneDrive the third shot taken with Camera was there almost instantly but it was several minutes before the ProShot versions arrived.
    The W10 update is a complete rewrite using the newest APIs for W10, so everything will be new, and it'll be way more polished. For the OneDrive issue, that's something out of my control and up to the OS to take care of :/

If I could take a wild guess, it would be something involving the bug in the older File API ProShot uses to write to memory. That API has been vastly upgraded in W10 (we can finally move delete files!).
    HaibaneReki and defante like this.
    03-04-2016 01:21 PM
    I know this might sound repetetive, but any news with the Windows 10 app? Going on a vacation in May, and would love to know if ProShot will be available by then.

Thanks
    03-15-2016 06:01 AM
    I know this might sound repetetive, but any news with the Windows 10 app? Going on a vacation in May, and would love to know if ProShot will be available by then.

Thanks
    It's ok :) I'm waiting for Build (Microsoft's big dev conference at the end of the month) to see what happens. I was burned with the big changes to 8.1, started working on that then 10 was announced with another new set of APIs, so I want to be sure that no additional platform / API changes are announced at Build before resuming development.

I feel awful that I keep having to say it's delayed, but it's really been about waiting for Microsoft to get the tools ready. I'm scheduled to wrap up major development on the Android and iOS versions by the end of this month, so the timing is perfect. April I will be full-time on Windows 10!
    03-16-2016 11:38 PM
    Now that's clear that older devices Lumia x20 (still having good camera) will be exluded from the update to WP10, are You going to discontinue the development of WP8.1 version or we can hope in future updates.
    Thanks.
    03-20-2016 05:10 AM
    Now that's clear that older devices Lumia x20 (still having good camera) will be exluded from the update to WP10, are You going to discontinue the development of WP8.1 version or we can hope in future updates.
    Thanks.
    That's a very tough decision. Going to wait til Bulid to see what Microsoft's plan is.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-20-2016 05:20 PM
    Is that the a default behavior from Nokia's SDK or is it a setting in ProShot? What a shame.. I can understand if it's below 1MP, but a 3MP resolution should really be able to take advantage of oversampling too.
    Last edited by DJ Loco; 03-27-2016 at 05:11 AM. Reason: typos
    03-25-2016 06:01 AM
    Proshot is working well on my L1020 with Win10 mobile 10586.164 build, so far so good.
    RiseUpGames likes this.
    03-27-2016 08:30 AM
    Is that the a default behavior from Nokia's SDK or is it a setting in ProShot? What a shame.. I can understand if it's below 1MP, but a 3MP resolution should really be able to take advantage of oversampling too.
    It takes a lot of processing power (and time) to oversample a 41MP photo, so for performance reasons I figured the lowest users would realistically want the feature is 5MP. There isn't much of a benefit to oversampling a 41MP photo down to 3MP, and since the 3MP option isn't oversampled, it's useful (and fast enough) for timelapse.
    03-27-2016 06:38 PM
    Just noticed that ProShot no longer launches on Redstone build 14295 on my Lumia 640. I don't know if I checked on the previous Redstone release, but it was working beautifully for me on .164 a few weeks ago. Not sure what happened with the new W10M releases that are causing some apps to crash at launch, but I've got about 5 that are not working for me at the moment. So this may not be the fault of ProShot, and likely something going on with Redstone. So if you love ProShot as much as I do, you may want to avoid the Redstone builds for a little while.
    03-30-2016 06:35 PM
    Just noticed that ProShot no longer launches on Redstone build 14295 on my Lumia 640. I don't know if I checked on the previous Redstone release, but it was working beautifully for me on .164 a few weeks ago. Not sure what happened with the new W10M releases that are causing some apps to crash at launch, but I've got about 5 that are not working for me at the moment. So this may not be the fault of ProShot, and likely something going on with Redstone. So if you love ProShot as much as I do, you may want to avoid the Redstone builds for a little while.
    Thank you for the report. I think Microsoft is gradually phasing out support for older APIs like the WP8.0 Camera API used to build ProShot. It's too bad because I spent almost two years of my life hacking that API to bring features that no other camera app has. An update for W10 is in the works though!
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    04-01-2016 01:35 PM
    Great! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next. ProShot has been one of my favorite puchased apps, and I'm really considering rolling back to .164 so I can use it again.
    04-01-2016 05:06 PM
2,260 ... 8081828384 ...