ProShot camera app.

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
you can do that with ev settings, op is somehow not showing the real difference of the app. But I guess is worth the money if you are really into photography.

actually to be honest, im abit confused with the default app settings :) thats why im amazed with how easy to use and yet able to bring outstanding results with proshot ^^ personally im not really 100% into photography, just love mobile imaging :p my experience with camera is only until point&shoot and compact system.~

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The function you are using is for taking long exposure pictures instead of extra light for dark enviroment. Which is why you need a tripod to take those pictures. Ev is for the purpose that combines slightly longer exposure plus digital enhance, doing the same job in a faster pace so that your image will not be distort by hand shake.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I do not think it is possible to take photo with default app and have shutter speed 4 seconds. May be I do not know how to achieve that with default app so if someone know please advice me.
Anyhow I took one picture with shutter speed 1 second, ISO 100, here is result.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 172

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The function you are using is for taking long exposure pictures instead of extra light for dark enviroment. Which is why you need a tripod to take those pictures. Ev is for the purpose that combines slightly longer exposure plus digital enhance, doing the same job in a faster pace so that your image will not be distort by hand shake.

got what ya mean, btw i just tried, ev 1 1/3,2/3 & 2 with iso 100 looks pretty close to using ev 0, 4 sec with iso 100 using proshot. maybe the longer exposure is use for combination of night scene + light traces effects when taken at night streets.

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I do not think it is possible to take photo with default app and have shutter speed 4 seconds. May be I do not know how to achieve that with default app so if someone know please advice me.
Anyhow I took one picture with shutter speed 1 second, ISO 100, here is result.

that is why i bought this app ^^ anyway i just tried playing the ev setting in the default app and able to get similar night result, the difference is that i can't get effect like this in the pic due to its shorter exposure time of 1sec as compared to 4secs :)

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Only problem I have with this is that I like to press my camera button to launch the camera, any way to change this to a different app? If so I would buy it.

EDIT - noticed I could just tap Lenses then ProShot, not perfect but better than unlocking and tapping the app!

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Only problem I have with this is that I like to press my camera button to launch the camera, any way to change this to a different app? If so I would buy it.

EDIT - noticed I could just tap Lenses then ProShot, not perfect but better than unlocking and tapping the app!

Guess thats not possible at all even in future, thats why nokia put in Lenses for 3rd party photography app :(

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Try Proshot with everything auto versus the default camera app - it is MUCH better on the 8x, don't know about the Lumia.

Proshot is my default camera app, I don't even use the built in app anymore.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Since I had my son I like to take more pictures now!!! So I'm kind of new to all those settings for the camera. Now I've read some settings that you have setup for the proshot app and I'm a little confuse. In a dark place for example in the living room at night what could be the best options for:
- shutter
- ev (-2 to +2)
- focus
- AF assist
- ISO

Only of you have time and willing to write the settings, I would really appreciate it!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Since I had my son I like to take more pictures now!!! So I'm kind of new to all those settings for the camera. Now I've read some settings that you have setup for the proshot app and I'm a little confuse. In a dark place for example in the living room at night what could be the best options for:
- shutter
- ev (-2 to +2)
- auto focus
- AF assist
- ISO

Only of you have time and willing to write the settings, I would really appreciate it!!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
- shutter
- ev (-2 to +2)
- auto focus
- AF assist
- ISO

Thanks in advance!!!!

I don't know much about photography but until someone else reply you can use the Sport mode on the default camera app of your windows phone and the rest on auto/default, that should do if you have a little kid running around.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I am the developer for ProShot. I am really happy to see everyone enjoying the app!
If anybody has any questions, please ask away! I tried addressing the most common ones here: ProShot

Jason, you only have 1/2s exposure available because that is the longest exposure your hardware supports. I think only Nokia Lumia 920 (and perhaps 820?) support 4 sec exposures, and only after the Portico update.

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I am the developer for ProShot. I am really happy to see everyone enjoying the app!
If anybody has any questions, please ask away! I tried addressing the most common ones here: ProShot

Jason, you only have 1/2s exposure available because that is the longest exposure your hardware supports. I think only Nokia Lumia 920 (and perhaps 820?) support 4 sec exposures, and only after the Portico update.

Hi! Very happy using your app, purchased it immediately after trying it. One question, is it possible for you to add in a timer? So taking pictures with long exposure are easier too ^^

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Hey, just saw this thread and decided to buy the app. Anyway to have the ability to delete photos in the ProShot lens? Would be nice to have the same options as in the native app, I realize I can press back to get into the native app and then from there find the photo and delete it but would be more convenient.

Great app though, better than the stock I find.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Bought this app because I wanted to try out the manual focus. It works great. However, my 920 got extremely hot afterwards. Did anyone else experience this?

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
- shutter
- ev (-2 to +2)
- focus
- AF assist
- ISO

Thanks in advance!!!!

hi truplaya,

There is no one size fit all kind of solution to photography.

You need to just learn the basics as to what controls what and how it effects the output.

Since I am typing this from my phone I am not able to give a more detailed explanation or provide exact links.

Checkout dpreview.com or even more.com iPhone photography section as there are very good articles on the basics.

And coming to your question,
Set focus to auto, focus assist to on, ISO to 400 or 800. If you are manually adjusting the shutter speed, I would suggest a slow setting of 1/16 to 1/4 max, anything slower would introduce a lot of camera shake. Even at 1/4 this is a problem. Also motion blur will be there. So my advice is leave shutter speed at auto.

The EV setting is like a tuner for compensating exposure which adjusts other settings like ISO or shutter speedy depending on the mode you are in. Basically the + side increases exposure and the - side decreases it. So for dark scenes increasing ev would help but its subjective.

Hope this helps. Will try to put up some links later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077