ProShot camera app.

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Possible problem on 820 with Shutter Speed settings?....or it could just be me!

Not having a clue about shutter speeds, I decided to just try out different ones as cars were driving past the house earlier Today. When I switched the Shutter Speed to (what I call) the lower settings, ie. 1/4 etc. it would basically leave me with a completely white picture? Am I maybe doing something wrong, or is this just a flaw?

One other thing I'd like to suggest/request would be an anti-shake device to be added to the App. I can't remember the App I used to use on the iPhone...possibly Pro Camera?....but the anti-shake device came in real handy. I think it could probably eliminate a lot of the blurriness of the pictures - just my 2p's worth.

i think for 1/4sec somewhat for taking low lighting or night photos, and it's too low for good day lighting condition as the photo will turned over exposed or even turned white. for daylight normally, i use 1/250 to 1/500.. sometimes 1/1000 under strong sunlight. and also check your iso is set to 100 too.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank for the link, I am bit in a hurry, I am being re-directed several time, even to facebook, and then I have some chicken or something against some other app... and when I click on ProShot I am only re-directed to windows store ?.... I do not have a time now to read like hundred of pages..... I guess I have to vote on all "battles" ?

Edit, voted finally for ProShot, and bunch of other apps that I never heard of. It looks like it works that way 64 apps will be 32 and so on.... "battle"...

Good Luck RiseUpGames ! You got mine vote, you deserve it for sure !

Last edited:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 30886
Guess my vote :p
Anyway it's a bit unfair to put such a big company app vs. one man developer app. But anyway, I voted :)

Hello everyone! Thank you SO MUCH for your votes!! Yeah, it's a bit hard to go up against a giant company like Garmin :/ We'll see how it goes...

If ProShot wins in the final, I will make the app FREE (for a limited time, not sure I can do free forever haha).

Win or lose, I'm still working on updates.
v2.6 will add the ability to share to social media, the preview roll will allow viewing (and sharing) of any image in your camera roll, it won't get cleared when you navigate away and back to the app, and I'm working on some other things as well, not sure if they will make v2.6 however.

Oh, and I'm trying to allow more customization over the UI (specifically, coloring), but I've hit a few snags with that...

In any case, I'd really appreciate your votes!

Last edited:

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! Thank you SO MUCH for your votes!! Yeah, it's a bit hard to go up against a giant company like Garmin :/ We'll see how it goes...

If ProShot wins, I will make the app FREE (for a limited time, not sure I can do free forever haha).

Win or lose, I'm still working on updates.
v2.6 will add the ability to share to social media, the preview roll will allow viewing (and sharing) of any image in your camera roll, it won't get cleared when you navigate away and back to the app, and I'm working on some other things as well, not sure if they will make v2.6 however.

Oh, and I'm trying to allow more customization over the UI (specifically, coloring), but I've hit a few snags with that...

In any case, I'd really appreciate your votes!

YAS! Lord Eddie Kezelli-sus, his ProShot app. I'm so honoured to have replied to you. :p

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
RiseUpGames you made this possible with your ProShot. As far as I know this not possible on any other phone or with any other app and that is reason why you should win!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 25

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Riseupgames.
Quick question regarding the maximum exposure time of 4 seconds. is it possible to allow the camera to take longer exposures( 5, 10 or 30 seconds)?

Also, any possibility of HDR in a future release?

(sorry if these have been answered in this thread already)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Riseupgames.
Quick question regarding the maximum exposure time of 4 seconds. is it possible to allow the camera to take longer exposures( 5, 10 or 30 seconds)?

Also, any possibility of HDR in a future release?

(sorry if these have been answered in this thread already)

I wish I could, but the hardware is locked down and capped at 4 seconds (and the HTC 8X only goes to 1/2s). I tried forcing longer exposure times, but it would throw an error.
Also, for those of you wanting more ISO choices: the hardware (Lumia 920, HTC 8X) reports that they support ISO 100-3200, but in practice they won't consistently use 3200 if selected (hence I removed anything above ISO 800 from ProShot). This also means we can't do something like ISO 50.

HDR is something I would love to add, but Microsoft needs to make some additions to their API before I can implement a decent HDR mode (right now the fastest I can get a Lumia 920 to fire full-res images is about 0.7fps, and that's waay too slow for HDR). Looking at the code documentation, I can see that the functionality I need will be coming soon. It's just a question of when. So to answer your question, yes HDR is coming! (just can't tell you when, haha). Hopefully when GDR2 hits

In the meantime, there are still plenty of features to come! I have set a deadline for myself to finish v2.6 by Sunday, so it should be ready for download by Thursday / Friday. I was able to speed up image save times a little bit more, and am working on one more thing...

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
i think for 1/4sec somewhat for taking low lighting or night photos, and it's too low for good day lighting condition as the photo will turned over exposed or even turned white. for daylight normally, i use 1/250 to 1/500.. sometimes 1/1000 under strong sunlight. and also check your iso is set to 100 too.

Aha....thanks for the tips. Told you it was more likely to be me, not knowing anything about shutter speeds etc. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad