ProShot camera app.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Reading through the thread and seeing how enthusiastic the developer of this app in taking in suggestions, apart from developing this nifty camera app, I just bought this app a few minutes ago for my Lumia 920. Great job, RiseUpGames!

Looking forward to more features and continuous support. Cheers!

P.S. I just voted for your App in the Windows Phone Next App Star :)

Last edited:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!

ProShot just won the first round!! It's now up against some new competition. If you feel ProShot to be the better app, please vote!
And unrelated, but today was one of the best days I've had in years! I can't tell you all how happy and thankful I feel!

I'll be dedicating this weekend to finishing the next update. If you have any feature requests, please post them and I will see if I can squeeze em into 2.6!

Oh, I forgot to mention: What's also coming to 2.6 are shortcuts, so you can pin Auto, P, M, C1, or C2 to your home screen for easy access :)
k, goodnight!

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!

ProShot just won the first round!! It's now up against some new competition. If you feel ProShot to be the better app, please vote!
And unrelated, but today was one of the best days I've had in years! I can't tell you all how happy and thankful I feel!

I'll be dedicating this weekend to finishing the next update. If you have any feature requests, please post them and I will see if I can squeeze em into 2.6!

Oh, I forgot to mention: What's also coming to 2.6 are shortcuts, so you can pin Auto, P, M, C1, or C2 to your home screen for easy access :)
k, goodnight!

You're welcome! ProShot it one of the top WP apps out there. I wouldn't be surprised that in a few years, you'd end up making millions of out of this app, it's such an amazing app!

luv2skipow

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Caught this dude in my room and decided to send it out of my room. and to my surprised, it stick to my finger and refuses to leave. So i guess the beetle give me an opportunity to show off my Lumia 920's super macro mode . And after the friendly beetle posed for my camera, then it safety leave my room and find it's second destination (hope it was not hurt by others lol). Photos is taken by ProShot app with 1308 firmware.

Taken all auto with Flash.
2013_03_24_01_32_56_ProShot.jpg

Manual focus, iso 400, shutter speed 1/15
2013_03_24_01_39_12_ProShot.jpg

Manual focus, iso 400, shutter speed 1/15. Notice the different tone on the auto white balance? guess 1308 didn't really fix it well.
2013_03_24_01_42_09_ProShot.jpg

Last edited:

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I presume we just have to get redirected on Facebook (using mikeymcz's link), and then just click on the ProShot icon? This keeps redirecting me to the Windows Store, but hopefully is enough for my vote to count.

RiseUpGames : I don't know if you have had a glance at my previous post, but was wondering if some form of 'anti-shake' control would be possible?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I presume we just have to get redirected on Facebook (using mikeymcz's link), and then just click on the ProShot icon? This keeps redirecting me to the Windows Store, but hopefully is enough for my vote to count.

RiseUpGames : I don't know if you have had a glance at my previous post, but was wondering if some form of 'anti-shake' control would be possible?

Nope, you have to vote there - it is not enough to click "ProShot" icon ... and thanks for reminding, IT IS TIME TO VOTE AGAIN - it is 2nd round now :p

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Caught this dude in my room and decided to send it out of my room. and to my surprised, it stick to my finger and refuses to leave. So i guess the beetle give me an opportunity to show off my Lumia 920's super macro mode . And after the friendly beetle posed for my camera, then it safety leave my room and find it's second destination (hope it was not hurt by others lol). Photos is taken by ProShot app with 1308 firmware.

Taken all auto with Flash.
View attachment 31000

Manual focus, iso 400, shutter speed 1/15
View attachment 31001

Manual focus, iso 400, shutter speed 1/15. Notice the different tone on the auto white balance? guess 1308 didn't really fix it well.
View attachment 31002

Wow and with flash that close? That's impressive! Cool little guy haha.

Ah, they made voting a bit complicated. You have to click the link that says "Begin Voting" and then it takes you to the voting section. There's no direct link to the ProShot matchup, so you may have to vote on a few other apps before you get to it.

About anti-shake: I've had that on my to-do list for a while. I'm thinking about how to seamlessly add the feature for phones without OIS, and hide it for Lumia 920 users so no one gets confused with it as being actual hardware OIS control. Through code I determine the model of the handset, but unfortunately the Lumia 920 goes by so many different names and model numbers it's hard to keep a list. I'm sure there's a more useful function I'm missing somewhere, I'll have to ask Microsoft about it.

So yes, it is possible, and I will be adding it soon! I am, however, without my 920 for a little while (for proper testing), so I won't be able to add it in to 2.6. I'll do my best to get it in with the following update! Thank you for the suggestion!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
And surprisingly given how close the subject is taken with flash, the subject is not blown out by flash at all. Amazing phone.

Microsoft's Camera API actually allows for custom control over flash power. It almost made it into ProShot v1.0, but after thorough testing (this was before Portico), the flash power adjustment would sometimes crash the camera, or it simply wouldn't work. I'll have to revisit this for a future release.

In any case, the Lumia 920 is a damn amazing phone indeed!

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh ya, by the way I just updated my firmware to 1308. And photos taken did not have the exif info saved. Hope that can be fixed. Many thanks !

RM_846

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

Just bought ProShot for my Lumia 620 and it's a fantastic app! Great work!
I have a question though, does ProShot actually bypass the camera's default compression algorithms?
I noticed photos taken using PS have substantially larger file size (like close to 3MB vs 1++ MB) and have seemingly less image noise (cannot confirm though).
If it does bypass the compression then that's absolutely great cos i think the 620's default shots are a tad too grainy...

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh ya, by the way I just updated my firmware to 1308. And photos taken did not have the exif info saved. Hope that can be fixed. Many thanks !

Yeah, I'm having a really hard time preserving the EXIF since I added contrast / saturation. Microsoft's Camera API makes it incredibly hard to preserve it if you are doing any modifications to the image file (color adjustment, rotation, crop, etc). I've spent a lot of time trying to come up with a better solution for this, but I can't get it to work. I've studied the EXIF spec in detail, but even touching it and then trying to save it to the camera roll (using Microsoft's function) fails. I have noticed that no post-processing camera app preserves EXIF in the photos. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have one more idea to try out when I wake up. I hope it works, I'm really sorry (and sad) to see EXIF go...

Hi RiseUpGames,

Just bought ProShot for my Lumia 620 and it's a fantastic app! Great work!
I have a question though, does ProShot actually bypass the camera's default compression algorithms?
I noticed photos taken using PS have substantially larger file size (like close to 3MB vs 1++ MB) and have seemingly less image noise (cannot confirm though).
If it does bypass the compression then that's absolutely great cos i think the 620's default shots are a tad too grainy...

Thank you very much!
Unfortunately I can't answer your question, because I don't know how the default camera handles images and image saving. ProShot's files are larger than the default app though, I have noticed that. As for quality differences, I've yet to actually sit down and do a thorough comparison, but I am doing everything I can to squeeze the best images possible out of these devices!

RM_846

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
alas... just noticed shutter speed above 1/2 reveals some hot pixels on my phone's camera... :angry:
night shots are pretty good and could not have been achieved with the stock camera app :love:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05