ProShot camera app.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I vote for Option 1

And I just voted for you in Round 3. Looks like you're winning at this time. Good luck again! Thanks once again for an awesome app and being so accessible in this forum! Wow, 17,855 views in this thread is just amazing to me.

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What are your settings for the last picture? It has no noise at all. Wow

thanks! I dont exactly remember. Without the exif information, its kinda tough to keep track. I kno its ISO of 100, exposure of 0. I just keep playing with the shutter speed. Must be 1/8 or 1/15 i guess. not really sure though.

Any tips for improvement, noise reduction etc? As of now, i just keep playing around with the shutter speed and sometimes the ISO too. I have rarely used exposure or white balance. I have a 920.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Aaah thank you again so very much everyone for voting!!! I'm happy to say that ProShot v2.6 is done!! I can't write too much cause I'm running late, but I just wanted to let you all know. Changelog can be seen here.

I've fixed a lot of bugs in this version, also tweaked the shutter speed chooser so it's easier to use. K, gotta run!

wp_ss_20130326_0003.jpg

mikeymcz

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
RiseUpGames: Would it be possible to change how the Burst, Self-Timer and Timelapse programs are handled? Currently you need to choose the correct program and when you need to use it you need to hold the screen for a second and then press the hw button. What I would suggest if possible to create new program called the "Single shot". This program would be used for the normal photos - tap to take the picture. If another program would be chosen the tam would launch the program (e.g. Self-Timer would start count down).
Would it be possible?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
These are some of my clicks. All taken with proshot, no flash and no PP. They are a bit amateurish. Still learning. This app has got me interested in photography now. Waiting to get my tripod for those 4-sec shutter speed shots !
View attachment 31144
View attachment 31145
View attachment 31146
View attachment 31147
View attachment 31148
View attachment 31149
View attachment 31150
Still learning you say! I'd say you already have a great eye! Very nice work.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Aaah thank you again so very much everyone for voting!!! I'm happy to say that ProShot v2.6 is done!! I can't write too much cause I'm running late, but I just wanted to let you all know. Changelog can be seen here.

I've fixed a lot of bugs in this version, also tweaked the shutter speed chooser so it's easier to use. K, gotta run!

View attachment 31213
Thanks for the great support. I have purchased your app but haven't had enough time to play with it yet. Going by the examples I'm seeing in this thread I'm very impressed!

Last edited:

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Now is the 4th round and proShot's ahead of WPCentral... Well, even though we're currently on WPCentral I can't just lie myself and vote for WPCentral. So 1 more vote for your proShot :->

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
ROUND 4 IS OPEN!!!....GET VOTING...(thought I'd drop that in first)

Secondly, I know I've said it before, but this damned app has DEFINITELY changed my 820 to a '1020' for taking clearer pics. I know it's just pics of my car again, but get used to it.....it's what I love most....single life can be fun, ya know! :cool:

2013_03_30_13_48_33_ProShot_zpsb05a6859.jpg

2013_03_30_13_46_52_ProShot_zps9530f26d.jpg

2013_03_30_13_47_50_ProShot_zpsc92a94b1.jpg

2013_03_30_13_50_39_ProShot_zpsbf0757ce.jpg

2013_03_29_14_40_18_ProShot_zps05ce46aa.jpg

2013_03_29_14_37_31_ProShot_zps963a71a9.jpg
(I know, a few stone chips on the front of the hood - these need correcting when the SUN gets introduced to the UK!!)

2013_03_30_13_53_43_ProShot_zps4aba4e37.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! Seriously, thank you so much for your support -- with your help ProShot made it to top 8! This is so awesome!!!

Just a head's up: v2.6 is now up for download. I hope you enjoy the added features! From here on out, I will be focusing 100% of my efforts on EXIF, and I just *may* have figured out a way to preserve it. We'll see in the next few days if I can pull it off.

Thank you again for your votes!

Edit: I forgot to include this in the changelog, but v2.6 also includes full resolution image viewing (higher detail than the pictures hub :smile: )

can you please make the icon "one color"
this way it will blend nice with the system icons on the tiles

It took a lot of time to make the one that is currently there, but I am open to revisiting the design at a later date. Gotta get that EXIF working first!

RiseUpGames: Would it be possible to change how the Burst, Self-Timer and Timelapse programs are handled? Currently you need to choose the correct program and when you need to use it you need to hold the screen for a second and then press the hw button. What I would suggest if possible to create new program called the "Single shot". This program would be used for the normal photos - tap to take the picture. If another program would be chosen the tam would launch the program (e.g. Self-Timer would start count down).
Would it be possible?

This was actually my initial approach, because it's the way most camera UIs handle those modes. It was here that I decided to create something new -- an always-on secondary shooting option that didn't need any extra menu navigation. I wanted the user to have instant and interchangeable access to a normal and a secondary shooting mode, so that is why I came up with the current system in ProShot. There is an icon to the left of the green busy indicator that informs you which is your current selected secondary mode.

While I do agree that this system may feel awkward at first, I'm confident that it will feel like second nature over time :)

Northern lights at southern part of Finland. Shutter 4 seconds, exposure value +2.

[url]http://i50.tinypic.com/166g69.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i45.tinypic.com/2e0jmol.jpg[/URL]

[url]http://i46.tinypic.com/2zdrb0w.jpg[/URL]

At night shutter 4 seconds and EV -2:

[url]http://i50.tinypic.com/33cusjn.jpg[/URL]

Amazing. Finland is #1 on my list of countries I want to visit next.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720