ProShot camera app.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
@riseupgames - cant speak for anyone else here, but i do appreciate your app and will continue to support it and you even if Nokia release a refreshed camera lens for their upcoming EOS.
My reasons include the quality of your app, the openness on this forum to listen to users like us and continual upgrades and work.
Keep up the good work.

pillswoj

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
"except" its not his fault. He mentioned in this thread that Samsung phones do not provide the same level of accessibility to the camera hardware/features as the Nokias and the HTCs.

Thank you for the spelling correction was typing in a hurry. My point was in reply to EBynum to correct him indicating lots of Samsung users would buy this app.

But since you brought it up, he took a quick look on an Odyssey but never even tried the ATIV S.

I am really sorry for this...I haven't been able to get my hands on an AtivS here in the US (and after buying a Lumia 920 and an HTC 8X, I don't yet have another $500 to spare on an international version of the Ativ S).

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames, Hi, I just bought Pic Lock Ultimate app and that app can save picture in completely different folder, it can create folders, move images from folder to folder and so on.... That is on my wish list for ProShot 3 :) to create folders and save images in folders automatically, and moving from folder to folder....

Do those folders appear in the Pictures Hub?

Thank you for the spelling correction was typing in a hurry. My point was in reply to EBynum to correct him indicating lots of Samsung users would buy this app.

But since you brought it up, he took a quick look on an Odyssey but never even tried the ATIV S.

From the error reports that I've been getting from users, it is my understanding that the ATIV S and the Odyssey share the same hardware limitations and bugs (no manual focus support, bugs with exposure time / exposure compensation). It's really unfortunate Samsung didn't include this functionality in their hardware.

Interestingly, the Huawei Ascend W1 throws the same errors as Samsung phones, which leads me to believe they also have similarly-sourced hardware.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
QUOTE=RiseUpGames;1952799]Do those folders appear in the Pictures Hub?
No, they dont. But you can import images from camera roll to that folder.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
QUOTE=RiseUpGames;1952799]Do those folders appear in the Pictures Hub?
No, they dont. But you can import images from camera roll to that folder.

Ah, I see. Hmm... until Microsoft offers a more integrated solution of saving images to folders (so that the folders appear in the pictures hub and are not isolated to an app), I'm sorry, I don't see myself implementing a feature like that anytime soon :( I don't want ProShot to be in any way isolated from the system.

Perhaps a compromise can be had. What if I added a toggle to the ProShot camera roll where users can have it either grab all images from the system's camera roll, or just images captured by ProShot. Would that be something you (and other people) would be interested in?

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I see. Hmm... until Microsoft offers a more integrated solution of saving images to folders (so that the folders appear in the pictures hub and are not isolated to an app), I'm sorry, I don't see myself implementing a feature like that anytime soon :( I don't want ProShot to be in any way isolated from the system.

Perhaps a compromise can be had. What if I added a toggle to the ProShot camera roll where users can have it either grab all images from the system's camera roll, or just images captured by ProShot. Would that be something you (and other people) would be interested in?

Yes please, I beg you. I can speak for myself, I take many pictures. At the moment I have about 5 000 in my phone and then you can imagine when I want to find some picture or show to friend I have to browse through many images..... I have folders on my PC and if I copy them to L920 then it works, but I have to copy all images to PC, erase them from phone to avoid duplicates, sort on PC and then copy back. I would love to have possibility to create folders: "Skiing in Sweden", "Spring break", "Vacation in Alanya (Turkey)" and so on....

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes please, I beg you. I can speak for myself, I take many pictures. At the moment I have about 5 000 in my phone and then you can imagine when I want to find some picture or show to friend I have to browse through many images..... I have folders on my PC and if I copy them to L920 then it works, but I have to copy all images to PC, erase them from phone to avoid duplicates, sort on PC and then copy back. I would love to have possibility to create folders: "Skiing in Sweden", "Spring break", "Vacation in Alanya (Turkey)" and so on....

Oh I'm sorry, I meant that I could just put in a switch that either populated the camera roll with all photos, or only ones taken with ProShot. While I'd love to add some robust photo management to ProShot, it would take considerable resources to do that, and as I've mentioned before, I need to focus on the photo capture side of the app first. I've added this to my to-do list, but it may be a while.

Haha, my to-do is still so huge, at this rate I will be coding ProShot for the rest of my life :p

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm sorry, I meant that I could just put in a switch that either populated the camera roll with all photos, or only ones taken with ProShot. While I'd love to add some robust photo management to ProShot, it would take considerable resources to do that, and as I've mentioned before, I need to focus on the photo capture side of the app first. I've added this to my to-do list, but it may be a while.

Haha, my to-do is still so huge, at this rate I will be coding ProShot for the rest of my life :p

If you can make folder for pictures taken with ProShot it would be great, and if that can have subfolder, then we have a solution :)

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Some clicks. Taken @Goa, India. This time I clicked all of them in Auto mode. Dint have time to experiment with various shutter speeds. The snaps have come out well. It did fare better than a sony advanced point n shoot in quite a few cases. The noise however, still seems to be there. But that is not worrying me :) No PP on any snaps except the one of the eye.

2013_04_11_16_19_32_ProShot.jpg
2013_04_11_17_42_52_ProShot.jpg
2013_04_12_10_49_02_ProShot.jpg

Edited, cropped in Creative Studio
2013_04_12_10_49_02_ProShot20130412144752.jpg

2013_04_12_15_22_27_ProShot.jpg
2013_04_12_15_41_19_ProShot.jpg

Some silhouette/ sun shots. Felt they came out really well.
2013_04_12_17_25_14_ProShot.jpg

Thats me :)
2013_04_12_17_34_50_ProShot.jpg
2013_04_12_17_35_06_ProShot.jpg
2013_04_13_17_37_42_ProShot.jpg

Hmm, I don't know what could be going on.... How do things look in the latest update (v2.6.5)? Do you see white pixels using the default camera app?

The snaps that I took during this trip hardly had any white dots. I got the 265 update halfway during the trip. My colleague who loves clicking with my phone noticed something. He feels that the dots appear in the snaps where I set the shutter speed manually. Not sure if this is true. I will do some investigation from my side too. Thought Ill give you a heads up.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The snaps that I took during this trip hardly had any white dots. I got the 265 update halfway during the trip. My colleague who loves clicking with my phone noticed something. He feels that the dots appear in the snaps where I set the shutter speed manually. Not sure if this is true. I will do some investigation from my side too. Thought Ill give you a heads up.

I really don't know what to say about the white dots :/ I'm not doing anything in my code to alter the images once I grab them from the sensor, so the white pixels must be coming from the sensor itself.

Like I said in an earlier post, it could be due to heat / prolonged continuous use? I know that after prolonged use the photos taken by my Panasonic GH1 would exhibit "hot pixels". It was a pretty well documented thing on the dpreview forums a few years back, I think it's just a hardware thing.

In other ProShot news, I'm now working on improving the UX -- trying to make it easier, more intuitive, and quicker to use. Ironically enough, it was my original concept for how the UI should work :)
Will have more details in about a week. Hope you guys / gals will like it. In the meantime, keep posting pics (and tweeting!) I love seeing them!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Some clicks. Taken @Goa, India. This time I clicked all of them in Auto mode. Dint have time to experiment with various shutter speeds. The snaps have come out well. It did fare better than a sony advanced point n shoot in quite a few cases. The noise however, still seems to be there. But that is not worrying me :) No PP on any snaps except the one of the eye.

Firstly, very nice photos - good job there!
Secondly - and perhaps a silly question, but is there any chance the white dots you see is humidity?
Can you show one of the photos that has the white dots?

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Firstly, very nice photos - good job there!
Secondly - and perhaps a silly question, but is there any chance the white dots you see is humidity?
Can you show one of the photos that has the white dots?
You can see the white dots clearly in my WP8-photo above. I say it's because of the sensor and no because of ProShot,

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
You can see the white dots clearly in my WP8-photo above. I say it's because of the sensor and no because of ProShot,
thanks - yes, they appear to be sensor noise. At ISO100 you shouldnt be seeing that kind of noise i would hope...
An experiement - try a dark room - no flash, then try both the in built camera app and then try the proshot.
compare the resulting photos - what do you see now?

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
hey dev. i hope you are doing fine ...

i just wanted to ask something , in the "P" mode ... is the shutter speed fixed to some value or is it just automatic depending on the iso?

another thing and maybe im a bit optimistic, can we find the word "HDR" in your agenda?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
hey dev. i hope you are doing fine ...

i just wanted to ask something , in the "P" mode ... is the shutter speed fixed to some value or is it just automatic depending on the iso?

another thing and maybe im a bit optimistic, can we find the word "HDR" in your agenda?

HDR is definitely something I want to bring to ProShot, but I'm waiting for Microsoft to add some more functionality to their API (I can see from their code documentation that it's coming, but have no idea when). With the current API, it'll take about 5 seconds just to capture a 3-shot HDR, and that's way too slow. For the time being, I'd rather wait until it can be done right. I have plenty of other things on my to-do list :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)