ProShot camera app.

deepblue82

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait for ProShot to support HDR :)
Does anybody know how long it takes to shoot an HDR snap using the HDR Photo Camera app?
I haven't stopped the time, but I think it takes about ~2seconds per shot with about 30 - 35 seconds post processing (at the end after all shots are taken).

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
amazing app riseupgames...one of the apps that ive recommended to everyone ive met...

just wanted to suggest a feature that maybe you could implement...dunno if its been already asked though...Is there any way you could map the vol buttons for manual focus...and maybe other functions like the zoom..makes it easier when not using a tripod...

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
This little fella kills me.....there are a few of 'em that just show no shame about coming up close to me when I'm out cleaning the car - probably to get a glance at what they wanna dump on next!
But they run around the garden out the back, chasing each other like free-runners :

2013_04_19_13_50_48_ProShot_zpsa8276a87.jpg

2013_04_19_13_51_00_ProShot_zps54154579.jpg
^ he was cleaning himself on this one, even though it looks like I may have broke his neck!!

Not a bad outcome, considering I took these after machine-polishing the car, so my hands had tremors running through 'em. :smile:

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
thanks - yes, they appear to be sensor noise. At ISO100 you shouldnt be seeing that kind of noise i would hope...
An experiement - try a dark room - no flash, then try both the in built camera app and then try the proshot.
compare the resulting photos - what do you see now?

The result is exactly the same with both apps. Both taken with ISO100, no flash and everythin else on auto.

Default camera app:

ProShot:

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
just wanted to suggest a feature that maybe you could implement...dunno if its been already asked though...Is there any way you could map the vol buttons for manual focus...and maybe other functions like the zoom..makes it easier when not using a tripod...

I second this. Using the volume control for some camera related actions would be cool. Also, will it be possible to have some kind of exif viewer, just to see the properties ?

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I second this. Using the volume control for some camera related actions would be cool. Also, will it be possible to have some kind of exif viewer, just to see the properties ?

or maybe use the camera button and the vol buttons together...like use the volume buttons for zoom controls...and then half press the cam button and use the vol buttons at that time for manual focus adjustments.....that would just be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

prakash chennupati

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey just started using this App recently, really love it. But I noticed one thing missing. Is it possible to change the view to use the front camera to take facial shots? I tired searching in all the settings couldnt find it hopefully you see this post and could give me an answer. I also reviewed your app, great work! keep it up! 5/5 :)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
amazing app riseupgames...one of the apps that ive recommended to everyone ive met...

It'd be awesome to have access to more external controls, but Microsoft won't allow this due to their UI guidelines. Think of it this way, what if someone were out shooting photos while listening to music, how would they adjust the volume?

(ahh that just brought back some rosy memories of my first digital camera, the Casio EX-M1. I thought I was living in the future...)

will it be possible to have some kind of exif viewer, just to see the properties ?

Coming in the next update ;)

Hey just started using this App recently, really love it. But I noticed one thing missing. Is it possible to change the view to use the front camera to take facial shots? I tired searching in all the settings couldnt find it hopefully you see this post and could give me an answer. I also reviewed your app, great work! keep it up! 5/5 :)

I haven't added support for the FFC yet. During early testing I noticed quite a few bugs with them on different devices, so I decided to focus on the main camera first. FFC support will be coming later down the line.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It'd be awesome to have access to more external controls, but Microsoft won't allow this due to their UI guidelines. Think of it this way, what if someone were out shooting photos while listening to music, how would they adjust the volume?

(ahh that just brought back some rosy memories of my first digital camera, the Casio EX-M1. I thought I was living in the future...)

Coming in the next update ;)

I haven't added support for the FFC yet. During early testing I noticed quite a few bugs with them on different devices, so I decided to focus on the main camera first. FFC support will be coming later down the line.

wow thanks for the quick ans...now thats excellent customer support :D but ya i get your point...would have loved the option though..

.noticed a bug btw on my lumia 920...if you set shutter to 1, 2 and 4 with exposure set to 0..and then take a pic...the viewfinder turns black..the mode letter disappears..and the app stops working...quitting and restarting it again doesnt work...i have to reboot the phone... other than that...simply awesome!!!!!!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
wow thanks for the quick ans...now thats excellent customer support :D but ya i get your point...would have loved the option though..

.noticed a bug btw on my lumia 920...if you set shutter to 1, 2 and 4 with exposure set to 0..and then take a pic...the viewfinder turns black..the mode letter disappears..and the app stops working...quitting and restarting it again doesnt work...i have to reboot the phone... other than that...simply awesome!!!!!!

By any chance is your flash set to "on" or "auto" ? I've noticed such a bug with Lumia phones when using exposure times >= 1 second and engaging the flash. Seemed to show up more often during daylight. Could have just been my copy of the phone though?

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Maybe I just don't get it, but I don't see the problem with losing volume control in camera mode. Somehow Apple makes it work. When taking pictures with the iphone you can use the volume control on the earbud headset to snap pics, sort of like a remote. I think it'd be great if you use a GorillaPod mount.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
By any chance is your flash set to "on" or "auto" ? I've noticed such a bug with Lumia phones when using exposure times >= 1 second and engaging the flash. Seemed to show up more often during daylight. Could have just been my copy of the phone though?

yes it was on auto...but took the pics this evening...

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I just don't get it, but I don't see the problem with losing volume control in camera mode. Somehow Apple makes it work. When taking pictures with the iphone you can use the volume control on the earbud headset to snap pics, sort of like a remote. I think it'd be great if you use a GorillaPod mount.

Yeah that last feature is pretty cool. Sorry, I've got to follow the rules :/

yes it was on auto...but took the pics this evening...

Try taking longer exposures with the flash set to "Off". Also, have you updated to Portico?

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup portico already done while I just got the 1308 update a few mins back..will get back to you on whether there's any change with that...

and will also try the flash off and let you know..

edit--

well did the update and now no more hang ups...it takes the pics even with flash off now..at 1 and above shutter and 0 exposure compensation.....only thing is it takes abit of time to focus after that...but no crashing anymore....i love this app!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Yup portico already done while I just got the 1308 update a few mins back..will get back to you on whether there's any change with that...

and will also try the flash off and let you know..

edit--

well did the update and now no more hang ups...it takes the pics even with flash off now..at 1 and above shutter and 0 exposure compensation.....only thing is it takes abit of time to focus after that...but no crashing anymore....i love this app!!!!!!!!!!!

i had that problem before with my lumia 820, after taking long exposure photo with "relatively" good light conditions the camera wont work again, even on another camera app, the solution was to restart the phone, then i noticed it was because of the amount of light the app must deal with, long exposures are meant to be used without flash and in dark places.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
i had that problem before with my lumia 820, after taking long exposure photo with "relatively" good light conditions the camera wont work again, even on another camera app, the solution was to restart the phone, then i noticed it was because of the amount of light the app must deal with, long exposures are meant to be used without flash and in dark places.

yup just found that out a bit back...thanks :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6