ProShot camera app.

ponczo

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
@ponczo: Hello! what are your settings for the second to the last pic? It looks straight out of a magazine :)

Hello, thanks for the good opinion :) settings: 1/2 s, iso 100 and a steady hand :)

Photo with the glass house - 1/4 s, iso 100 - edited in nokia creative studio - only applied filter.

Last edited:

Matsomppi

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I really like the Pro Shot app, but it saves my location data to my images, even thought I have disabled the option from options menu. Does the app have it's own setting for it somewhere and I haven't just found it yet? I really would like to disable that, so I don't need to remove the data everytime I want to upload pics online.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I really like the Pro Shot app, but it saves my location data to my images, even thought I have disabled the option from options menu. Does the app have it's own setting for it somewhere and I haven't just found it yet? I really would like to disable that, so I don't need to remove the data everytime I want to upload pics online.

That's very strange, it shouldn't save location data if it's disabled in the system's settings. You may need to restart your device in order for the setting to take effect.

In the API, Microsoft provides a function to save an image to the phone. That function checks the user's GPS settings and automatically embeds the location data into the photo, if the user wants it to. As a developer, unfortunately I have no way of detecting whether or not the user wants location data embedded in their images, I have to rely on Microsoft's API to take care of it. Try a phone restart and see if that helps. If not, then I may have to file a bug report.

Matsomppi

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
That's very strange, it shouldn't save location data if it's disabled in the system's settings. You may need to restart your device in order for the setting to take effect.

In the API, Microsoft provides a function to save an image to the phone. That function checks the user's GPS settings and automatically embeds the location data into the photo, if the user wants it to. As a developer, unfortunately I have no way of detecting whether or not the user wants location data embedded in their images, I have to rely on Microsoft's API to take care of it. Try a phone restart and see if that helps. If not, then I may have to file a bug report.

I checked that the option was disabled and then restarted my phone. Then I snapped a pic with the vanilla camera app and Pro Shot. I copied them both to my laptop, and when I check the properties of these pics, the vanilla one doesn't have GPS data show, but the ProShot one does.

This isn't a huge problem in otherwise great app but it would be great to get this fixed. Also, thanks for a quick reply! :)

JMBasquiat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
ProShot is using what appears to me to be an inordinate amount of space on my Lumia 920. Is it a bug of some sort, or is this expected behavior?

v9072Ss.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I checked that the option was disabled and then restarted my phone. Then I snapped a pic with the vanilla camera app and Pro Shot. I copied them both to my laptop, and when I check the properties of these pics, the vanilla one doesn't have GPS data show, but the ProShot one does.

This isn't a huge problem in otherwise great app but it would be great to get this fixed. Also, thanks for a quick reply! :)

I'll have to check this out, it may be a bug in Microsoft's API.

I've contacted the dev about this and he's assured me that a fix is on the horizon.

Yep! There will be a fix in the next update.

Background: When an app crashes, it leaves behind a temp file. This file should be automatically cleaned up by the OS at some point, but it's not. I never noticed this issue before since I'm constantly re-installing new builds on my devices, which removes these temp files. Sorry about that!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Been testing the new version. Still gotta work on a few bugs, but it's coming soon. Shot with HTC 8X, straight out of the camera

2013_05_02_15_50_08_ProShot.jpg
2013_05_03_22_41_27_ProShot.jpg
2013_05_04_10_26_00_ProShot.jpg

^ For that last one I think I set the WB to Flash and saturation to -2 and almost got a sepia-like filter, hah.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
These are some crazy amazing shots guys and gals. Make sure to upload your pictures on PhoneArena for the Cool Images post they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I just tested it out, here are my findings (HTC 8X):

1) Disabled "include location info in the pictures I take"
2) Restarted phone, took pic with ProShot, EXIF shows no GPS data
3) Enabled "include location info in the pictures I take", restarted phone, took pic with default camera, no GPS data in EXIF
4) Hit the search button (which forces a GPS lookup on the phone and caches that info), took a pic with the default camera, EXIF finally had GPS data

It seems like when pictures are saved (ProShot or native camera app), the function to save the actual picture looks in the GPS cache for data. If it is there, it will embed it into the photo, regardless of the user's preferences (if the device has been booted with the "include location info in the pictures I take" option enabled). Seems like there is a bug in Microsoft's code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720