ProShot camera app.

cayetanovp

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Dears,

Several times I have tried to take photos of different elements moving. My target was to capture the movement, so I chose a exposure time of 1/30 and around. Conditions were sunny day. And for example I tried shot to a wave, rain, tree, etc.

The only thing I got is a totally white image.

I gues that in a normal camera the option should be to close the diafragm, but what can I do whith ProShot?

Thanks,
Cayetano

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Dears,

Several times I have tried to take photos of different elements moving. My target was to capture the movement, so I chose a exposure time of 1/30 and around. Conditions were sunny day. And for example I tried shot to a wave, rain, tree, etc.

I gues that in a normal camera the option should be to close the diafragm, but what can I do whith ProShot?

Thanks,
Cayetano
There must be too much light to have that "long" shutter time? Try lowering the shutter speed. You can also try to fix it with lowering the exposure value.

cayetanovp

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
There must be too much light to have that "long" shutter time? Try lowering the shutter speed. You can also try to fix it with lowering the exposure value.
Axefield, thanks for the comments. You must be right when you say that there is too much light. But if I reduce the shutter speed, I will not have the movement effect.
Lower the exposure, how can I do it?
Thanks,

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Axefield, thanks for the comments. You must be right when you say that there is too much light. But if I reduce the shutter speed, I will not have the movement effect.
Lower the exposure, how can I do it?
Thanks,
You can adjust the exposure value with the slider at the center.
wp_ss_20130516_0002.jpg

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I see, thanks.
Tomorrow I will try.

I think that the best and maybe the only way to get good photos with the movement effect in daylight is to have small aperture and long enough shutter speed. But unfortunately you can not adjust the aperture with any(?) WP at the moment. But in the dark you should be able to make it with adjusting the shutter speed and the exposure value as there's already not too much light.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that this app has just over 700 reviews in the store. That's not even close to the number of people who voted for this app in the Next App Star competition. I request everybody on this thread to rate the app if they haven't done so already. Also update your rating if your requests/concerns have been addressed with version updates. And if you rated the app poorly due to things like "being unable to delete photos", understand that it is a WP8 restriction that the dev can do nothing about, and this is mentioned in the app description. Rate this app up, folks!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Update on v2.7:
I'm sorry for this huge delay. I believe I have narrowed the causes of the crashes down to two memory leaks, both of which seem to come from Microsoft's code(?) This is going to take some time to investigate. I may have to release ProShot without fast app resume if a decent workaround cannot be found.

is it possible for the large live tile to not show the proshot logo? I use it as a replacement for the photos app's slideshow and most of the time when I scroll down my home screen all I see is proshot logo instead of my photos haha.

Haha. Hmm....the images are supposed to appear in random order. I kinda want to keep the logo in the mix for app branding purposes. I'll take a look at it after the coming update and see if there's anything else that can be done.

You can adjust the exposure value with the slider at the center.
View attachment 34070

Ah! Your image reminded me. A note to everyone: since these phones have fixed apertures, adjusting the exposure slider will have no affect if both the shutter speed and ISO are manually set (I've been meaning to get around to addressing this issue).

Dears,

Thanks,
Cayetano

For capturing motion on sunny days, most photographers use ND filters. But since the pupil on these cameras are so tiny, a neat trick is to just use your sunglasses :)

Don't want to derail this thread but I thought you guys might want to know I posted a guide in the Guides and How-to's forum about camera phone photography. Would love your feedback!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-guides-how-tos/226625-so-you-want-take-better-pictures-%5Bguide%5D.html

This is awesome, great work!
I'm not sure what's unintuitive about ProShot's UI, but it's going to see many improvements over the coming updates leading up to 3.0. I hope you find the changes more agreeable!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey I'm not saying the UI is bad at all, it's just that there are quite a lot of icons along the top row and my first impression was that these were options you could push or click to change but that doesn't seem to be the case other than the central Auto element. Perhaps it's because I've not bought it yet (I fully intend to). It seems strange that the menu UI colour is tinted red when the settings on the main viewfinder are tinted black. I love that the battery logo has a percentage by it in landscape mode. I wonder if it would be better or worse to stretch the menu options that appear on the right of the viewfinder out a little as they seem a little squashed, but it could also be that I have a higher resolution on the 920 and you've built it to work on all resolutions.

I'm a graphic designer by trade, if you wanted any help with the logo on live tiles I can try to help if you PM me, but from the choices you posted I don't think the full or half logo's are bad. I certainly don't think the half-logo looks unprofessional. Have you tried to modify the logo so you can display the C2, C1, M etc within the centre of the lens itself at all?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I tried putting the P, M, C1, etc in the center but from my brief time tweaking it, it didn't turn out like I had hoped, and then I got distracted and went back to code, hah. I consider these icons a perpetual work in progress.

My main focus with ProShot has always been user-interaction. I felt that keeping all of the settings centralized (side menu) and all of the modes centralized (top menu) made it much easier to navigate and remember which settings were where, as opposed to having controls spread all over the screen. Plus it gave me a nice framework to support large tap targets, large informative text, and various other expressions of metro. The row of icons at the top is my homage to the established user interfaces professionals are used to, while everything else is meant to embody the freedom and playful nature of Windows Phone.

There is actually a concrete reason for the current design choices that I've made, a reason that will become more clear over the next few updates! I do agree that the UI does need improvement though :)

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames: You mentioned in the past that attempting to shoot HDR images would be really slow based on current APIs. I was wondering if you thought about allowing users to do just part of that, ie, shoot multiple (say, three) images with different exposure settings, so that HDR processing may be done offline. Right now, when I select the camera mode (Auto/P/M), I also have an option to select the secondary modes such as Burst, Self-Timer, and Timelapse. If I select Self-Timer mode, I also have the option of checking a box that says Mult-Shot (that takes 3 pics in a row). It would be fantastic if you could take this to the next level and allow us to change the shutter speeds and ISO values for these three shots. That way I don't have to touch the phone/camera between shots and can avoid any issues related to alignment. If you think the display might get too slow trying to refresh itself between shots, you can simply freeze the display when it takes the first shot, and release it (go back to live preview mode) after the third shot has been taken.
Thanks!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames: You mentioned in the past that attempting to shoot HDR images would be really slow based on current APIs. I was wondering if you thought about allowing users to do just part of that, ie, shoot multiple (say, three) images with different exposure settings, so that HDR processing may be done offline. Right now, when I select the camera mode (Auto/P/M), I also have an option to select the secondary modes such as Burst, Self-Timer, and Timelapse. If I select Self-Timer mode, I also have the option of checking a box that says Mult-Shot (that takes 3 pics in a row). It would be fantastic if you could take this to the next level and allow us to change the shutter speeds and ISO values for these three shots. That way I don't have to touch the phone/camera between shots and can avoid any issues related to alignment. If you think the display might get too slow trying to refresh itself between shots, you can simply freeze the display when it takes the first shot, and release it (go back to live preview mode) after the third shot has been taken.
Thanks!

That's pretty much what I was planning on doing, it would function like the multi-shot option in the self-timer. It just takes too long to take the actual pictures.

Since HDR is such a popular and highly requested feature, I want to wait until the API improves, so it can be done right. Anything I add to ProShot, I want it to be easy, fast, and 100% functional out the gate. Looks like we won't have to wait long, Amber may just be the update we need.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought i'd put this review I saw on the store at your attention:

by colin 5/17/2013
I only dislike it for hundreds of memory it's taken after using for a while, and you can't delete the cache, the only way to get back memory is to reinstall it.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I thought i'd put this review I saw on the store at your attention:

by colin 5/17/2013
I only dislike it for hundreds of memory it's taken after using for a while, and you can't delete the cache, the only way to get back memory is to reinstall it.

Thank you, it'll be taken care of in the next update. The OS seems to be making .tmp files and not removing them in the ProShot directory.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

What is
Burst
Self-timer
Timelapse

And how can I use them in a Lumia 920?

Can I use manual white balance in my Lumia 920?

Thanks

Hello, Burst, Self-Timer, and Timelapse can be activated by first selecting the item from the menu, closing the menu, pressing and holding on the screen to activate the function, and when the animation turns green press the camera button (while still pressing on the screen).

I'm sorry the process is so complicated, I thought I was making it easier for everyone by having a secondary shooting mode always available instead of having to navigate menus, but it didn't really turn out like I had hoped. The process will be easier in the next update.

Manual white balance cannot be used on the Lumia 920 (it can only be used on the HTC 8X). I apologize, I thought I hid that feature from the UI on these phones, it will be fixed as well in the next update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers