ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames, do you know if the Nokia Amber update will bring slower shutter speeds to the 920? I believe it will bring higher ISO, but not sure if it'll bring slower shutter speeds.

I'm sorry, that I don't know :(

hey rise, since your name has "games" in it, does that mean that you're planning to develop some? :D

Indeed! I have two in various stages of production, but ProShot is my main focus right now and I couldn't be happier :)

longnd

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
hi @Nabkawe5, this pic is amazing, how can you captured it, any setting you used in Proshot ? :)
2013_06_13_02_39_22_ProShot.jpg

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
One more feature request. I take a lot of photos. I keep changing the settings (in manual mode) and take multiple photos of the same scene/object. I then browse through them to see what settings work best under the existing conditions. Often times while browsing the photos, I feel the need to jump straight to the viewfinder and take another photo (mostly due to conditions that are short-lived). Unfortunately, I have to browse all the way back through the photos till I reach the viewfinder. Can you please provide an option to jump straight to the viewfinder from the photos browsing section? Right now, while browsing through the photos, there are two options - share and info toggle. Could you please add a third option/switch that will take the user straight to the viewfinder without having to browse through each of the photos? Thanks!

Last edited:

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
One more feature request. I take a lot of photos. I keep changing the settings (in manual mode) and take multiple photos of the same scene/object. I then browse through them to see what settings work best under the existing conditions. Often times while browsing the photos, I feel the need to jump straight to the viewfinder and take another photo (mostly due to conditions that are short-lived). Unfortunately, I have to browse all the way back through the photos till I reach the viewfinder. Can you please provide an option to jump straight to the viewfinder from the photos browsing section? Right now, while browsing through the photos, there are two options - share and info toggle. Could you please add a third option/switch that will take the user straight to the viewfinder without having to browse through each of the photos? Thanks!

Just push the Shutter button dude :D.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
hi @Nabkawe5, this pic is amazing, how can you captured it, any setting you used in Proshot ? :)
Yes , you use manual settings (any settings but Auto) , set ISO to 100 , set exposure to -2 (the slider in the middle), then set Shutter to 4 secs

This is on the camera front , Now have a dark room with only one source of lights (as its better) , don't shoot toward that source but have it light your friend , now buy a small flash light , Laser , a lighter with a led and bind it to a stick , now use a flat surface to let your lumia stand on its own/or preferably a tripod ! , use a timer of 3 seconds so when you press the shutter it doesn't shake the picture (use Auto Manual only and the shutter key ONLY and its better results if you enable focus assist lights , Using on screen capture might go wrong as it might not focus in such darkness.)
after you pressed the shutter and the sound of taking pictures sounded off , shed light for a sec on your friends face (to actually see him in the end picture ) then for the next 3 seconds have him go insane. :)

(this will heat up the sensor don't do more than 20 every 15 mins.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

The back button also works :)

There's actually a weird bug right now when pressing the shutter button while browsing the photos (it'll throw an error). You can just click the cancel button when the error pops up. I'll have that fixed in the next update.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Nice idea! However, upon trying this, I am getting this error (tried twice, got the same error on both occasions).

wp_ss_20130613_0004.jpg

But I agree that once this is fixed, pressing the shutter button will be good enough to jump to the viewfinder. No special option/switch required. :)

Edit: Looks like RiseUpGames and I replied at the same time ;-) Thanks for the info, I'll use the back button for now. :)

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Amazing!!!!!! You took all those photos with proshot!!! Did you modify the pics a little bit, if so with which app?

Again AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks. A fair number of shots are unedited. The photos that were edited, however, were done so using Fotor (either the WP8 app or the PC tool). Most of the editing was either 1-touch-enhance or tweaking the brightness/contrast/saturation.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Camera360 and the viewfinder kinda sucks compare to default app and proshot. anyone tried that app wanna tell me what it does?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone willing to compile a post of "Guide to being a Pro at ProShot" - things that will help new users set settings that work!

i.e. if you are in a dark place put this this and that.
if you are on a beach, sunny area - set this this and that.

I think there was an idea to introduce profiles within the app with guides but don't think that's happening any time soon!

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone willing to compile a post of "Guide to being a Pro at ProShot" - things that will help new users set settings that work!

i.e. if you are in a dark place put this this and that.
if you are on a beach, sunny area - set this this and that.

I think there was an idea to introduce profiles within the app with guides but don't think that's happening any time soon!

You mean something a little like this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750