ProShot camera app.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone willing to compile a post of "Guide to being a Pro at ProShot" - things that will help new users set settings that work!

i.e. if you are in a dark place put this this and that.
if you are on a beach, sunny area - set this this and that.

I think there was an idea to introduce profiles within the app with guides but don't think that's happening any time soon!

I was thinking the same thing and also the link that HaibaneReki provided is really good but a guide more towards with the ProShot app!

teng_m

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
question to anybody
is the manual white balance still working? there is no longer any bar adjuster under it. I already installed and reinstalled it many time.
i'm using a L920

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
question to anybody
is the manual white balance still working? there is no longer any bar adjuster under it. I already installed and reinstalled it many time.
i'm using a L920

I'm sorry, I forgot to remove the 'manual' option from the list on devices that don't support manual WB (the hardware reports it as supported, but it actually doesn't work. Maybe Amber will fix this?)

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Bought the app after reading through this thread and enjoying playing around with the settings: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror (I'm a complete photography novice). I am finding the app is repeatedly crashing on my L820 however. Take a photo and half the time I'm returned to start screen with no photo saved, it's also occasionally crashing on startup. Phone has been rebooted since installation.

As a side query, could anyone recommend some good all round settings for black and white and colour? Would like to have them mapped to C1 and C2 for quick point and shoot opportunities but as I've said I'm a complete novice with all this. I've looked at some of the skydrive collections and it's pretty impressive. Liking the traffic blurs, assuming they are achieved with a longer shutter speed?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Bought the app after reading through this thread and enjoying playing around with the settings: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror (I'm a complete photography novice). I am finding the app is repeatedly crashing on my L820 however. Take a photo and half the time I'm returned to start screen with no photo saved, it's also occasionally crashing on startup. Phone has been rebooted since installation.

As a side query, could anyone recommend some good all round settings for black and white and colour? Would like to have them mapped to C1 and C2 for quick point and shoot opportunities but as I've said I'm a complete novice with all this. I've looked at some of the skydrive collections and it's pretty impressive. Liking the traffic blurs, assuming they are achieved with a longer shutter speed?

I am sorry for the crashes, it seems to be related to saving photos on the SD card. If you save photos to the phone things will be more stable. There also may be a bug with running the histogram on startup. It seems like it's mostly Nokia 8XX devices that are affected. Still investigating the issue.

On my device, I have C1 reserved for black and white, while C2 is dedicated to action shots where I want just a little bit of motion captured (ie shutter is set at 1/125 or 1/160).

Quasimodo2k

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Shutter mode

Is there a way to have the shutter mode stick in the different custom modes like C1 or C2, I'm trying to have C1 set to self-timer and C2 to normal, but when I change one mode it changes all.

Any insights will be appreciated, thanks

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Shutter mode

Is there a way to have the shutter mode stick in the different custom modes like C1 or C2, I'm trying to have C1 set to self-timer and C2 to normal, but when I change one mode it changes all.

Any insights will be appreciated, thanks

I'm sorry, ProShot does not work that way. Think of a typical enthusiast camera: it has a mode dial (A, P, S, M), and a drive dial (normal, burst, timer, etc). They are independent of each other. We wanted to keep that feel

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the confusing comment above.
Manual focus works great but sometimes the view finder shows a close up focus instead of the actual focus I'm using, but when I press the shutter it shoots using my manual settings then goes back to the close up focus

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the confusing comment above.
Manual focus works great but sometimes the view finder shows a close up focus instead of the actual focus I'm using, but when I press the shutter it shoots using my manual settings then goes back to the close up focus

Uncheck MF Assist if you don't want the zoom-in

HansTj

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames and everyone,

I've got another question on how to properly use the manual focus. I just got my own iStabilizer XL today and decided to play around with 2 and 4 seconds exposure options of ProShot. I absolutely love to be blown away by the low-light capability of my Lumia 920 :wink:.

So, I put the Lumia on the tripod, went outside, and shot long-distance shots. For these, I used manual focus and set it to hyperfocal (slider to the most right). I went back into my apartment, uploaded the pics into the computer, and noticed that the pics came out grainy and out of focus. Even without fully zooming in, I could already tell the pics didn't look too sharp. The pics quality totally don't match many of the pics posted in this forum.

So, I decided to try again, but this time, I was shooting two identical frame with auto and manual focus back to back. Below is the result.

Camera settings: ISO 100, exposure = 0, shutter time = 4, the rest = automatic, with a tripod. Time: around 11pm.

With auto focus. The focus is around cars in the center of the pic.
2013_06_21_23_14_17_ProShot.jpg

With manual focus set to 100% hyperfocal.
2013_06_21_23_14_42_ProShot.jpg

The first pic is clearly sharper than the second one. The apartment and the trees in the center of the screen just look so much better in the first pic.

So, am I using the manual focus wrongly? To use hyperfocal, what does the minimum distance of the object have to be? The distance between my Lumia and the trees in the center is about 100 feet. Isn't that supposed to be far enough? RiseUpGames, is there actually a special trick to the manual focus of this app?

anon(5816156)

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

I've got another question on how to properly use the manual focus. I just got my own iStabilizer XL today and decided to play around with 2 and 4 seconds exposure options of ProShot. I absolutely love to be blown away by the low-light capability of my Lumia 920 :wink:.

So, I put the Lumia on the tripod, went outside, and shot long-distance shots. For these, I used manual focus and set it to hyperfocal (slider to the most right). I went back into my apartment, uploaded the pics into the computer, and noticed that the pics came out grainy and out of focus. Even without fully zooming in, I could already tell the pics didn't look too sharp. The pics quality totally don't match many of the pics posted in this forum.

So, I decided to try again, but this time, I was shooting two identical frame with auto and manual focus back to back. Below is the result.

Camera settings: ISO 100, exposure = 0, shutter time = 4, the rest = automatic, with a tripod. Time: around 11pm.

View attachment 36185

View attachment 36186

The first pic is clearly sharper than the second one. The apartment and the trees in the center of the screen just look so much better in the first pic.

So, am I using the manual focus wrongly? To use hyperfocal, what does the minimum distance of the object have to be? The distance between my Lumia and the trees in the center is about 100 feet. Isn't that supposed to be far enough? RiseUpGames, is there actually a special trick to the manual focus of this app?

I also have the same issue. But setting the manual focus to 75% solve the issue for me. And not 100%.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 36185

View attachment 36186

as riseupgames stated before that OEMs are limiting the hyper focal for some reason and you best stick to 90%

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6