ProShot camera app.

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
This I am sure is on me but I just took three pics and they are all 100% white background, nothing else. They were taken in manual with 1/2 shutter speed. Not sure what I did wrong.

It was outdoors and raining so I did not want to get phone wet, any ideas?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This I am sure is on me but I just took three pics and they are all 100% white background, nothing else. They were taken in manual with 1/2 shutter speed. Not sure what I did wrong.

It was outdoors and raining so I did not want to get phone wet, any ideas?

The exposure time you chose is too long given how bright outside may be. If you want to do long exposures in the daytime, use an ND filter, or place sunglasses in front of the image sensor. This allows you to take in light over a period of time without taking in so much that the whole image becomes white

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
That makes sense, I did not think they would white out completely, I took a few in auto and they were really dark so I guess I let in way too much light, I was just playing around and since it was raining did not get the chance to change much, I did take at different shutter speeds but obviously not fast enough.

Thanks

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Best cam app for Windows Phone!!!

If u allow me, I would to make a suggestion. Maybe a Focus Settings instant control? What you think? Something like CleverCamera (good app too, but ProShot is better). Like I say, its just a suggestion. I know u have others things in mind to make ProShot even better.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Can there be a number set for how many burst photos we take? I had this issue yesterday and couldn't figure out how to do it! I wanted to take constant frames i.e. photos of something for about 35 seconds at 1fps or 5fps. Doesn't work!

I was expecting like 30-40 pics from which I can choose the best, but only got about 5/6 and then had to save them and re-do another one :(

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Best cam app for Windows Phone!!!

If u allow me, I would to make a suggestion. Maybe a Focus Settings instant control? What you think? Something like CleverCamera (good app too, but ProShot is better). Like I say, its just a suggestion. I know u have others things in mind to make ProShot even better.

Next update :)

Can there be a number set for how many burst photos we take? I had this issue yesterday and couldn't figure out how to do it! I wanted to take constant frames i.e. photos of something for about 35 seconds at 1fps or 5fps. Doesn't work!

I was expecting like 30-40 pics from which I can choose the best, but only got about 5/6 and then had to save them and re-do another one :(

You can do burst at up to 5fps with ProShot, but the buffer will fill up after 15 shots. It functions just like your standard burst mode in most cameras -- saves a bunch of pics, then you can delete what you don't want later.

Though I can't tell you this functionality you want is coming in the next update, I do keep track of all requests, prioritize them based on demand, and hope to fulfill them all at some point :)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I am curious as to what people here use to manage their photos on their phone. Zune was better than the Windows Phone app, at least there was an option to remove pics from phone when moved to PC. The desktop version only allows for one at a time to be deleted, the W8 version at least allows for select all but still painful.

What is the best way to manage photos? Yesterday I took like 200 pics, mostly just playing around with settings on Proshot, Looking for a quicker solution than the default Windows Phone app as it is limited.

TIA

ETA I guess just old fashioned windows explorer works great, much better than the designed apps, still there must be a better alternative.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I am curious as to what people here use to manage their photos on their phone. Zune was better than the Windows Phone app, at least there was an option to remove pics from phone when moved to PC. The desktop version only allows for one at a time to be deleted, the W8 version at least allows for select all but still painful.

What is the best way to manage photos? Yesterday I took like 200 pics, mostly just playing around with settings on Proshot, Looking for a quicker solution than the default Windows Phone app as it is limited.

ETA I guess just old fashioned windows explorer works great, much better than the designed apps, still there must be a better alternative.

I use desktop mode in W8 and good old windows explorer for serious photo management. Just isn't enough screen real estate on my L920 to do anything other than rough triage.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just bought ProShot. There are so many settings for a newbie like me but i am willing to learn! Can someone suggest some setups for daylight, low-light and macro shots?
Thanks!

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi, just bought ProShot. There are so many settings for a newbie like me but i am willing to learn! Can someone suggest some setups for daylight, low-light and macro shots?

See my post #795 on page 32 for a couple of suggestions. Don't be afraid to shoot a lot of practice and bad shots so you can understand the relationship of camera settings and the light you are shooting in. Good luck, and come back and post any questions!

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

I learnt a lot from this very thread. Tons of good info in here. The time you spend reading posts here is worth it.
Edit: what I mean is that reading through the posts in this thread would be a good start. And if you still have questions, the community (including the awesome dev) is always here to help you out.

Last edited:

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Good news everyone!

I've FINALLY fixed the SD card bug. And as a bonus, I've also managed to speed up app loading time by almost 1 second! :D
Also coming in the next update, date/time info in the camera roll (see pic below) and a bunch of other random bug fixes.

View attachment 37234
(Btw, this was taken witih ProShot on a Lumia 920 :)

Should be done with this update by today or tomorrow. I'm so glad the drama is over, now I can get back to the fun stuff: adding more features!

Let me know if the next update (v2.7.3) addresses this. Since the error doesn't happen while ProShot is running, I can't say I'm entirely convinced it's ProShot's fault. Once the app is closed, it's up to the hardware and OS to take care of the rest (also, this never happens on my Lumia 920 nor HTC 8X).

Edit: It's done! ProShot v2.7.3 has now been submitted to the marketplace for certification. Should be available for download by Monday (ish)
Just reporting back in. I installed the latest version and thought I was out of the woods but today the same problem resurfaced. I ended up having to restart my phone to get it back. Exact same issue, screen won't turn on but the buttons light up. I guess I'll try subsequent updates to see if it ever gets resolved. Thanks.

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Riseup, what's your app support email? I was using the phone yesterday and had a pretty nasty series of crashes related to the app. Had to soft reset. Would love to tell you what happened ... see if I did something wrong!

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey Riseup, what's your app support email? I was using the phone yesterday and had a pretty nasty series of crashes related to the app. Had to soft reset. Would love to tell you what happened ... see if I did something wrong!

you can use the "Send Feedback" option under "ABT" in the app to send him an email.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo