ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I really love the app. Best photo app so far on WP8.
I found only one drawback: there is no possibility to delete a picture within the app. To delete a photo I need to go to pictures hub.
Is there any chance to fix it ?

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
I'm sorry to say, Microsoft does not currently allow developers to delete images from the camera roll.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
So I put ProShot to the test on a recent vacation. While I'm happy with the images, I ran into serious stability issues. I was changing around focus, white balance and ISO primarily. On any given day of usage, I'd run into multiple cases of the viewfinder turning to black, I'd be unable to take any further pictures, and the whole camera would lock up (the default camera app hanging indefinitely) until I restarted my phone. It seems that Lens integration is rather broken on Microsoft's part.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Submitted this in the recently held Lumia 928 contest here on WPCentral, but wasn't lucky enough :)

Considering the challenges involved:

The bridge's height,
Distant downtown buildings (turn up really tiny in the image),
timing - getting light trails of cars (both sides of the freeway) and that of an aircraft (starting at the left edge of the photo, not at any random location in the middle of the image) in the same shot,
dark surroundings,
unhelpful fence along the bridge (had a tough time adjusting the phone's position so as to avoid getting the fence in the photo), and
the worst offender - lights (bulbs and lamp posts) running along the entirety of the bridge,

I think this photo came out pretty well:

2013_06_19_21_52_35_ProShot.jpg

Image caption: Southwest, welcome to San Diego.
Captured using a Nokia Lumia 920 using ProShot app, and straight out of camera.

Full-res photo available here: Lumia 920 awesomeness - a set on Flickr

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So I put ProShot to the test on a recent vacation. While I'm happy with the images, I ran into serious stability issues. I was changing around focus, white balance and ISO primarily. On any given day of usage, I'd run into multiple cases of the viewfinder turning to black, I'd be unable to take any further pictures, and the whole camera would lock up (the default camera app hanging indefinitely) until I restarted my phone. It seems that Lens integration is rather broken on Microsoft's part.

When you get the black screen, do you still see the UI? And are the dots scrolling across the screen at the bottom? Could you scroll to the pictures? Also, were you going back and forth from ProShot to the photo album, deleting photos, then going back to ProShot? (without starting a new instance of ProShot) Thank you for any additional info you can provide.

Submitted this in the recently held Lumia 928 contest here on WPCentral, but wasn't lucky enough :)

Considering the challenges involved:

The bridge's height,
Distant downtown buildings (turn up really tiny in the image),
timing - getting light trails of cars (both sides of the freeway) and that of an aircraft (starting at the left edge of the photo, not at any random location in the middle of the image) in the same shot,
dark surroundings,
unhelpful fence along the bridge (had a tough time adjusting the phone's position so as to avoid getting the fence in the photo), and
the worst offender - lights (bulbs and lamp posts) running along the entirety of the bridge,

I think this photo came out pretty well:

View attachment 38754

Image caption: Southwest, welcome to San Diego.
Captured using a Nokia Lumia 920 using ProShot app, and straight out of camera.

Full-res photo available here: Lumia 920 awesomeness - a set on Flickr

Wow! Good timing, framing, exposure, and location!

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I added the message to make users aware of the incompatibility since many people didn't see note in ProShot's description, and were giving me 1-star reviews. Samsung (and Huawei) devices don't support manual focus nor setting the exposure time. Also some white balance options don't work. The hardware reports these options as 'working' but when we try and set those parameters, the camera crashes.

For those reasons I have to say that ProShot is incompatible with those devices :/

Ah, thanks. I'm still using it regardless as it hasn't given me any problems yet but as you say, the firmware issues are something only Samsung can resolve.

rohitmarines

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Ur proshot is great app i have rated it 5 star bt i have a request. I saw an named oneshot which applies filters in real time, u can adjust brtness contrast etc in the camera itself and its working on nokia new camera sdk. That app was alsi amazing. Bt i wud requst u to plz add such features to proshot....

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Ur proshot is great app i have rated it 5 star bt i have a request. I saw an named oneshot which applies filters in real time, u can adjust brtness contrast etc in the camera itself and its working on nokia new camera sdk. That app was alsi amazing. Bt i wud requst u to plz add such features to proshot....

I think RiseUpGames mentioned similar plans here in this thread..

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think RiseUpGames mentioned similar plans here in this thread..

Yup! Can't say when it will be coming, though. I will not be using Nokia's SDK because its real-time performance is too slow (notice OneShot's viewfinder doesn't run smoothly even with no filters applied). I'm gonna have to write my own.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup! Can't say when it will be coming, though. I will not be using Nokia's SDK because its real-time performance is too slow (notice OneShot's viewfinder doesn't run smoothly even with no filters applied). I'm gonna have to write my own.

I agree with you, I tried OneShot (trial version) and noticed the same. What I don't understand, though, is how Pro Cam ran so smoothly on the L1020 when I played with it at a local MSFT store. Maybe it has to do with the 2 gigs of RAM? And some secret sauce Nokia was able to work out with Qualcomm? Use the GPU maybe?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you, I tried OneShot (trial version) and noticed the same. What I don't understand, though, is how Pro Cam ran so smoothly on the L1020 when I played with it at a local MSFT store. Maybe it has to do with the 2 gigs of RAM? And some secret sauce Nokia was able to work out with Qualcomm? Use the GPU maybe?

ProCam isn't using Nokia's SDK (I'm guessing) since it doesn't have any filters and the focus of Nokia's Imaging SDK is just filters and a basic image manipulation.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
is it possible now to add HDR imaging with GDR2 and Nokia's new imaging SDK and such? I just tested the HDR feature on an iPhone 4 and while that has a undoubtedly inferior camera to the Lumia 920, it looks so nice with HDR!!! so jealous

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
When you get the black screen, do you still see the UI? And are the dots scrolling across the screen at the bottom? Could you scroll to the pictures? Also, were you going back and forth from ProShot to the photo album, deleting photos, then going back to ProShot? (without starting a new instance of ProShot) Thank you for any additional info you can provide.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

• When I got the black screen, I could see the UI, with dots scrolling. I tried scrolling to pictures once or twice and it worked.
  • Sometimes I wouldn't get the black screen, but I'd just have the app hang with the black loading / resuming screen.
  • In majority of cases, I was deleting photos then resuming ProShot.
  • If it matters, I'm using an 8X.

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
With GDR 2 should I be able to launch straight into ProShot with the camera button (when set in the settings) or is this a feature that needs to be coded in the app? Currently 'Camera (built in app' is the only option in the settings menu.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
With GDR 2 should I be able to launch straight into ProShot with the camera button (when set in the settings) or is this a feature that needs to be coded in the app? Currently 'Camera (built in app' is the only option in the settings menu.
I don't think GDR2 allows you to launch ANY lens app using the camera shutter button. It allows you to open Smart Cam or Pro Cam, but that's all. Of course, I hope I am wrong though.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
is it possible now to add HDR imaging with GDR2 and Nokia's new imaging SDK and such? I just tested the HDR feature on an iPhone 4 and while that has a undoubtedly inferior camera to the Lumia 920, it looks so nice with HDR!!! so jealous

Unfortunately not, Nokia's SDK doesn't allow any special hardware access for HDR. I'm gonna have to write my own.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

• When I got the black screen, I could see the UI, with dots scrolling. I tried scrolling to pictures once or twice and it worked.
  • Sometimes I wouldn't get the black screen, but I'd just have the app hang with the black loading / resuming screen.
  • In majority of cases, I was deleting photos then resuming ProShot.
  • If it matters, I'm using an 8X.

Ah, I see. If the dots are running at the bottom of the screen, that's the camera hardware trying to load. If it doesn't pop up after a second, scroll to the second image in the camera roll, then hit the back button. This will force the camera hardware to re-load itself. Still trying to figure out why it sometimes won't load.

There's a bug that appears *sometimes* when deleting photos and resuming ProShot. Also still trying to track that one down.

I don't think GDR2 allows you to launch ANY lens app using the camera shutter button. It allows you to open Smart Cam or Pro Cam, but that's all. Of course, I hope I am wrong though.

I believe you are correct. I can't find anywhere in the Windows Phone API that describes how to allow Lens apps to be launched from the camera button.
I have ProShot loaded on an emulator running GDR2 and it's not possible to select to launch it from the camera button. Too bad... :/

asylumxl

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I only recently got a Windows Phone but as soon as I found out about ProShot I purchased it. I am an avid photographer so it's pretty cool to have so many manual controls on my phone.

I'm not really to fussed about having in camera HDR, but I would like bracketing. I don't know if perhaps I'm dense,but I can't seem to find such a thing in the app. Is this going to be added?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo