ProShot camera app.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
anyone, can you copy this and send it to everyone related to Windows Phone/Nokia? :p

Hey!
I’m really looking up to GDR2 and Amber, however I have one question. Perhaps you already know the application ProShot, if not, here’s a thread about it.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/215564-loving-proshot-camera-app.html
It’s an awesome app that shows the capabilities of the Lumia family, and the users, including me, love the interface and use no other camera. It was the app that almost won the Next App Star challenge, and as you can see it produces gorgeous pictures. With GDR2, it seems to be possible to set other cameras than the default one as the one that opens with the shutter button. According to the dev, it’s not up to him to male ProShot available for this menu. May you think about adding it? I know you are launching Pro Cam, but the app isn’t available for all Nokia devices and people are really used to ProShot. It’s a really awesome app, and I think the dev deserves it and the users deserve the choice of more apps. So, what do you think? Will this be possible?
Thanks for reading!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I only recently got a Windows Phone but as soon as I found out about ProShot I purchased it. I am an avid photographer so it's pretty cool to have so many manual controls on my phone.

I'm not really to fussed about having in camera HDR, but I would like bracketing. I don't know if perhaps I'm dense,but I can't seem to find such a thing in the app. Is this going to be added?

Bracketing is not in there yet, but it's on the list of things to add :)

Amber is leaked, anyone jumping on it or waiting for official?

I'm really tempted! But my 920 test phone became my daily driver (whoops), so I guess I'll just wait for the official update

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I am tempted to take a bite but can not actually find it, would not mind in Spanish or Portuguese but can not understand Polish ....?

zvnkt

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone notice that there's a small bug in the latest update of Proshot? After I change the manual focus away from the balanced level, then swipe left 2 times to the second latest captured picture, when I come back to the viewfinder, the manual focus automatically returns back to balanced level. In contrary, nothing happens if I swipe just 1 time to the latest captured picture and then back to viewfinder.

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I am tempted to take a bite but can not actually find it, would not mind in Spanish or Portuguese but can not understand Polish ....?

Well I found a guide in Spanish but not of much help, I had to edit one of the files and change user permissions but it errors out when trying to download afterwards, does get past the sign in though.
http://www.nokiatividade.com/tutorial-instalando-a-gdr2-com-nokia-amber-no-lumia-920-820-620/

They say good things come to those who wait, I think I may as well as I do not want a brick.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone notice that there's a small bug in the latest update of Proshot? After I change the manual focus away from the balanced level, then swipe left 2 times to the second latest captured picture, when I come back to the viewfinder, the manual focus automatically returns back to balanced level. In contrary, nothing happens if I swipe just 1 time to the latest captured picture and then back to viewfinder.

Will be fixed in the next update, which I've just submitted to Microsoft :) Here's the changelog:

v2.8.2
+ added more timer options and 1/16000 shutter speed
+ minor performance improvements on high-resolution devices
+ added diagonal and golden ratio grid line options
+ now retains MF position when switching between AF and MF
+ various bug fixes

As always, stay tuned, awesome stuff is on the way!

MindtakerWP

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Will be fixed in the next update, which I've just submitted to Microsoft :) Here's the changelog:

v2.8.2
+ added more timer options and 1/16000 shutter speed
+ minor performance improvements on high-resolution devices
+ added diagonal and golden ratio grid line options
+ now retains MF position when switching between AF and MF
+ various bug fixes

As always, stay tuned, awesome stuff is on the way!

:smile: waiting

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

wooooowwwww

Also, good news for GDR2. Microsoft fixed the crazy memory leak and some other technical stuff. This means I can now add fast app resume! I will also add ISO 1600/3200 options for all Lumia devices since the hardware now supports it. It also seems like the app runs just a hair faster. I'm getting an extra ~3fps on the 1020 with GDR2 vs GDR1 on the 920.

If you're into photography, it's good to have a Windows Phone :)

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It was early July and June gloom was still lingering around, so I didn't expect much out of my trip to Scripps Pier. However, my patience paid off. About 30 minutes in, the sky began to light up. The sky was on fire that night! And so was the ProShot app on my Nokia Lumia 920. Can't stop loving this app!

2013_07_02_20_11_57_ProShot_awesome.jpg
Image caption: Sky on Fire!
For full-res image and full Lumia 920 gallery, please visit: Lumia 920 awesomeness - a set on Flickr

Last edited:

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Nice, thanks for sharing. Totally off-topic, but have you experienced any battery life improvements post GDR2 on the Lumina 920?
No its pretty much the same, but since I have double tap to unlock and a glance screen I think Yes there were improvements however slightly.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
After the latest 2.8.2 update which enables the 1/16000 shutter speed, the shutter speed always defaults to 1/16000 on my HTC 8X when ProShot is launched, no matter what custom settings (C1, C2) I change and chose. Even a re-install didn't fix it.
Anyone else having this issue?

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
After the latest 2.8.2 update which enables the 1/16000 shutter speed, the shutter speed always defaults to 1/16000 on my HTC 8X when ProShot is launched, no matter what custom settings (C1, C2) I change and chose. Even a re-install didn't fix it.
Anyone else having this issue?

Ok, some playing around with shutter speeds, and I think it is just a UI bug, where the Shutter Speed is actually set to Auto, but it displays as 1/16000.
Verified by taking photos at Auto (shown as Auto), and Auto (shown as 1/16000 after launching ProShot again). Both are same.
And when tried at actual 1/16000 shutter speed, photo is what it should look like, lots of noise with not much lighting.

Would be great if the dev. could look into the UI bug! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire