ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok, some playing around with shutter speeds, and I think it is just a UI bug, where the Shutter Speed is actually set to Auto, but it displays as 1/16000.
Verified by taking photos at Auto (shown as Auto), and Auto (shown as 1/16000 after launching ProShot again). Both are same.
And when tried at actual 1/16000 shutter speed, photo is what it should look like, lots of noise with not much lighting.

Would be great if the dev. could look into the UI bug! :)

Thank you! I will patch it in the next update, which I plan to finish this weekend

matte88

May 5, 2013
Visit site
WP_20121208_003.jpg
this is an example to basic camera app. i think if i had ProShot time ago, perhaps the result would have been even better!
btw i buyed ProShot and i love it!!

HansTj

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It was early July and June gloom was still lingering around, so I didn't expect much out of my trip to Scripps Pier. However, my patience paid off. About 30 minutes in, the sky began to light up. The sky was on fire that night! And so was the ProShot app on my Nokia Lumia 920. Can't stop loving this app!

View attachment 39404
Image caption: Sky on Fire!
For full-res image and full Lumia 920 gallery, please visit: Lumia 920 awesomeness - a set on Flickr

This is now my desktop background :grin:

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
proshot vs nokia pro cam, who is better ?
ProShot, by a mile, because it offers these unique features:
- Customizable and pinnable camera modes
- Integrated EXIF viewer
- Real-time contrast / saturation adjustment
- Burst
- Timer
- Timelapse
- Manual focus assist
- Histogram
- Highlight clip tool

Last edited:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
ProShot, by a mile, because it offers these unique features:
- Customizable and pinnable camera modes
- Integrated EXIF viewer
- Real-time contrast / saturation adjustment
- Burst
- Timer
- Timelapse
- Manual focus assist
- Histogram
- Highlight clip tool

Only a mile? I won't rest until it's 1,000 miles! :)

Davide_sd

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
last night i've done a little test:

mode: timelapse
interval: 20 seconds
duration: no limit
shutter: 4 seconds
ev: +2
iso: 800
autofocus

About two hours later my battery died. Here is the result, hope you like it!!!
North Pole Star
SkyNight.jpg

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

autofocus

North Pole Star
View attachment 39823
love it! I've been wanting to try this out for a long time. Next camping trip for sure!
Edit: btw, if you've manually set the shutter speed and ISO, the EV setting doesn't do anything.

Last edited:

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if it was mentioned here or not but I was interested in the Pro Shot App as it has got a ton of positive reviews but my question is will Pro Shot take advantage of the Hi Res capabilities of the Nokia Lumia 1020?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

autofocus

North Pole Star
View attachment 39823

Whaa that's awesome, great idea! I want to see more :)
Also, good reminder, I need to do more about saving power when doing extended timelapses.

Not sure if it was mentioned here or not but I was interested in the Pro Shot App as it has got a ton of positive reviews but my question is will Pro Shot take advantage of the Hi Res capabilities of the Nokia Lumia 1020?

Not yet, the support for the high resolution needs to be hard-coded because it's not natively exposed by the hardware. It will be coming soon tho

strikeIII

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Whaa that's awesome, great idea! I want to see more :)
Also, good reminder, I need to do more about saving power when doing extended timelapses.

Not yet, the support for the high resolution needs to be hard-coded because it's not natively exposed by the hardware. It will be coming soon tho

Thanks, for the quick reply. I have purchased the app to support the great development.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

autofocus

North Pole Star
View attachment 39823

Quick question: Is this post or pre-GDR2/Amber? I'm afraid that if I try this out on my pre-GDR2 Lumia 920, I'll run into that MSFT bug (memory leak I think?) which will result in me having to restart ProShot. :(
And I believe this bug has been fixed in GDR2.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Quick question: Is this post or pre-GDR2/Amber? I'm afraid that if I try this out on my pre-GDR2 Lumia 920, I'll run into that MSFT bug (memory leak I think?) which will result in me having to restart ProShot. :(
And I believe this bug has been fixed in GDR2.

The memory leak will (should) only happen if you take a few pics, hit the windows key, then navigate back to the app. It will then leak 30mb for every pic you take. I have been able to verify this is fixed with GDR2, but in any case, you shouldn't see the leak with pre-GDR2 if it's a fresh launch of the app :)

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The memory leak will (should) only happen if you take a few pics, hit the windows key, then navigate back to the app. It will then leak 30mb for every pic you take. I have been able to verify this is fixed with GDR2, but in any case, you shouldn't see the leak with pre-GDR2 if it's a fresh launch of the app :)
aah, thanks for that. now i can go camping without constantly thinking about this issue. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077