ProShot camera app.

thesmithiz

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
It might have been covered elsewhere but with 42 pages of posts I quit looking.......I have a Lumia 928 and when using ProShot the camera button is very sensitive, half press = full press. This is so much more sensitive that it will continually take pictures after one press if I have the case on, Poetic Atmosphere. I have tried with this with the other camera apps and it is only happening with ProShot. This also makes it impossible to use ProShot as the default lens as it keeps trying to open the camera just normally handling the phone.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It might have been covered elsewhere but with 42 pages of posts I quit looking.......I have a Lumia 928 and when using ProShot the camera button is very sensitive, half press = full press. This is so much more sensitive that it will continually take pictures after one press if I have the case on, Poetic Atmosphere. I have tried with this with the other camera apps and it is only happening with ProShot. This also makes it impossible to use ProShot as the default lens as it keeps trying to open the camera just normally handling the phone.

Are you saying the camera button is more sensitive in ProShot than other apps? This is the first time I've received a report like this. ProShot does not have any control over the sensitivity of the hardware button. During operation, it waits for the OS to tell it that the camera button has been "half-pressed" or "completely pressed". Once it receives this message from the OS, then it runs the appropriate functions.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how I can help with this since it's the OS that determines what a half-press and a full-press is :/

thesmithiz

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying the camera button is more sensitive in ProShot than other apps? This is the first time I've received a report like this. ProShot does not have any control over the sensitivity of the hardware button. During operation, it waits for the OS to tell it that the camera button has been "half-pressed" or "completely pressed". Once it receives this message from the OS, then it runs the appropriate functions.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how I can help with this since it's the OS that determines what a half-press and a full-press is :/

It definitely has some effect on the sensitivity. I have tried the camera with ProShot and with the standard camera app as well as a couple of others and it seems like it takes the picture at half press with ProShot.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It definitely has some effect on the sensitivity. I have tried the camera with ProShot and with the standard camera app as well as a couple of others and it seems like it takes the picture at half press with ProShot.

Here is the code I use, with explanation:

CameraButtons.ShutterKeyPressed += OnShutterKeyPressed; // this tells the OS, "when you think the camera button is completely pressed, run my function OnShutterKeyPressed"

I really wish I could help, but I have no control over the sensitivity, it's all managed by the OS.

thesmithiz

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Here is the code I use, with explanation:

CameraButtons.ShutterKeyPressed += OnShutterKeyPressed; // this tells the OS, "when you think the camera button is completely pressed, run my function OnShutterKeyPressed"

I really wish I could help, but I have no control over the sensitivity, it's all managed by the OS.

No worries, I like the app enough that I modified the inside of my phone case so there is no pressure on the camera button and I can use ProShot as the default lens...

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

I love ProShot, love all feature in there, it's the best :)

But I have an issue if I use it with my Lumia 720. After I take some picture with shutter 4 seconds on my L 720, my phone got heat at back. Sometimes it will hang and I can't turn my phone on. It will up again if I do soft-reset :(
I know L 720 is low device with low memory and I can't hope so much with this limitation but I just want to ask if that will damage my phone?
I just hope got some explanation and some good news, thank you.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

I love ProShot, love all feature in there, it's the best :)

But I have an issue if I use it with my Lumia 720. After I take some picture with shutter 4 seconds on my L 720, my phone got heat at back. Sometimes it will hang and I can't turn my phone on. It will up again if I do soft-reset :(
I know L 720 is low device with low memory and I can't hope so much with this limitation but I just want to ask if that will damage my phone?
I just hope got some explanation and some good news, thank you.

It's natural for the phone hardware to get warm after multiple long exposures, and it should have failsafes built-in that will automatically turn off the phone if it gets too hot.

On my Lumia 520 I noticed that sometimes the screen won't turn on. This was before GDR2 and installing the newest version of ProShot (v2.8.3, which I am almost done with). Now I don't seem to have the issue anymore. Hopefully the new version will fix the issue!

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
It's natural for the phone hardware to get warm after multiple long exposures, and it should have failsafes built-in that will automatically turn off the phone if it gets too hot.

On my Lumia 520 I noticed that sometimes the screen won't turn on. This was before GDR2 and installing the newest version of ProShot (v2.8.3, which I am almost done with). Now I don't seem to have the issue anymore. Hopefully the new version will fix the issue!

thanks for reply :)
yeah I feel the "screen won't turn on" issue too on my Lumia 720
wahh I really wait for next version then :)
everything else are awesome for ProShot, really love it :)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone! ProShot v.2.8.3 is done! Here's the changelog:

+ Image processing pipeline overhaul: shot-to-shot time now a full second faster! Faster than Nokia Pro Cam*
+ Increased ISO range up to 4000 on compatible devices*
+ Added Macro / Infinity AF modes**
+ Added 3 second option to timelapse*
+ Added double-tap shortcut: double tap menu items to select them and close the panel
+ UI tweaks, improvements, and many bug fixes

* Requires GDR2 OS update (build 10320 and higher)
** Only compatible with Nokia devices with GDR2

A lot of work went into really speeding things up. Shot-to-shot times are much faster now, even if you set contrast / saturation to something other than 0. Also, the double-tap shortcut makes operation a lot smoother.

The macro / infinity AF modes are really sweet and easy to access:

wp_ss_20130819_0002.jpg

I'm sorry though, this is a Nokia-only feature. HTC phones crash :/

Ok -- no rest for me, gonna try and finish the next update by Wednesday!

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Awesome .. waiting for it !
One minor comment though. The new focus dial is awesome, but I have one really really small complaint. When I click, if my point of focus lies somewhere in the screen where the focus dial is, I cannot click. Every time I try to focus at that point, I end up activating the manual focus. Any one else feel that ? If you are trying to click a pic without looking at the screen (clicking self using rear camera), I end up touching the focus dial and thus no pic gets taken. Any way we can turn off the auto focus dial ? Right now, touching anywhere on the dial will activate it.

+ Image processing pipeline overhaul: shot-to-shot time now a full second faster! Faster than Nokia Pro Cam*
+ Added double-tap shortcut: double tap menu items to select them and close the panel

A lot of work went into really speeding things up. Shot-to-shot times are much faster now, even if you set contrast / saturation to something other than 0. Also, the double-tap shortcut makes operation a lot smoother.

View attachment 40611

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Awesome .. waiting for it !
One minor comment though. The new focus dial is awesome, but I have one really really small complaint. When I click, if my point of focus lies somewhere in the screen where the focus dial is, I cannot click. Every time I try to focus at that point, I end up activating the manual focus. Any one else feel that ? If you are trying to click a pic without looking at the screen (clicking self using rear camera), I end up touching the focus dial and thus no pic gets taken. Any way we can turn off the auto focus dial ? Right now, touching anywhere on the dial will activate it.

Fixed in the update :)

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Answer my question that I had above on the 521 doing the same thing locking up, will grab new version, Thanks.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 40611

Nice improvements here!!!!

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
wow 2.8.3 looks great. now if only AT&T can release GDR2...

Tmobile did on my wifes phone, just got done with it, she has data sense but little else noticeable Double tap worked once and does not function anymore. She has the 521 so I don't imagine Amber really added much.

I am with AT&T 920 and still no cigar.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded the update. I noticed that when I launch the app, switch to MF, and then tap on any of the menu options (like IMG, WB, etc) and then back out to take a photo, the focus control gets toggled to AF and it gets disabled, ie, I can't switch to MF again.
Edit: I actually figured that I CAN switch to MF by swiping my finger like I would on that MF dial. But it shouldn't switch to AF when I enter the menu options and leave, no?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded the update. I noticed that when I launch the app, switch to MF, and then tap on any of the menu options (like IMG, WB, etc) and then back out to take a photo, the focus control gets toggled to AF and it gets disabled, ie, I can't switch to MF again.
Edit: I actually figured that I CAN switch to MF by swiping my finger like I would on that MF dial. But it shouldn't switch to AF when I enter the menu options and leave, no?

Arg, I'm so sorry, I keep missing the AF/MF bugs. I changed how I was handing that stuff and it looks like that's an edge case I forgot to compensate for (if you slide your finger on the MF dial and then open a menu again, it won't go back to AF). I'll fix it for the next update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb