ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Overexposed + lens flare .... The 925 is prone to such things...
And grain is even in daylight photos there. The advertized resolution of the camera is definitely not reached by this small sensor and this bad optics

I even wonder why Nokia advertises this phone as a cameraphone with its mediocre performance...

And it's calling PureView?! I have the 808 as well - > This is PureView! (unfortunately everything else not really usable these days)

The other issue related to grainyness still persists. I have been taking pics by keeping ISO to auto since the beginning and was fine with the pics. But, still not clear why grainyness is getting added to my pics (mostly after that AMBER update ! ). I use default cam.

There are a lot of factors that can contribute to image noise (grainyness). One is heat -- these phones have very little room to disperse heat (as opposed to a large camera body) and if the electronics are warm, image noise is more likely to creep into your photos.

The other thing is that these are still just tiny mobile imaging sensors on phones -- even though Nokia devices represent the pinnacle achievement in mobile photography, they're still lagging behind enthusiast cameras such as the Panasonic LX7, Sony RX100, etc, and of course, the big DSLRs, because the image sensors are smaller, and there's less room for exotic glass to produce crisp images.

It is upsetting to see so much image noise even at base ISO in our pics, but the mobile camera world is still in transition from tiny, crappy sensors to those that are found in higher-end devices -- a year or two from now the picture (exscuse the pun) will be a lot more clear.

Nokia really nailed it with the 808. It still beats all camera phones even a year later. Truly amazing.

Edit: I'd highly recommend getting Lightroom for their image processing tools to aid in reducing image noise. Or! Get GIMP and do it for free: http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Reducing_CCD_Noise/

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
To RiseUpGames

Any chance you would be adding HDR to your app?

I definitely plan on adding it, just can't say when it will be available. There's definitely a ton of awesome stuff on the horizon, and I'm even working on a little something for v2.9 that could help get a bit more DR out of the SOOC (straight-out-of-camera) images ;)

My biggest concern is shot to shot time. Image processing algorithms are computationally expensive, and I want to make sure I'm doing it right, and without taking a long time to process.

There's some good surprises coming. Big reveal hopefully around the end of next week.

djmuzi

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I didn't edit this photo. But the whole scene looked in real life that way :) Bright sunshine and snow. The snow reflects a bit too much blue but this was in real visible as well.

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames, can't wait for the big reveal!

I definitely plan on adding it, just can't say when it will be available. There's definitely a ton of awesome stuff on the horizon, and I'm even working on a little something for v2.9 that could help get a bit more DR out of the SOOC (straight-out-of-camera) images ;)

My biggest concern is shot to shot time. Image processing algorithms are computationally expensive, and I want to make sure I'm doing it right, and without taking a long time to process.

There's some good surprises coming. Big reveal hopefully around the end of next week.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Weekend is arriving :)

Technically I still have until Sunday 11:59pm, right? ;)

It's lookin like I bit off more than I could chew. This update has been rough, and it's taken a lot out of me. It's still 4-5 days away from completion, so I'm not ready to show it off just yet. I'm sorry to get your hopes up. There's a lot of love going into this update. A lot of love and tweaks and new features, some of which have never been done before in any camera app -- ever.

See you in a few days :)

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Technically I still have until Sunday 11:59pm, right? ;)

It's lookin like I bit off more than I could chew. This update has been rough, and it's taken a lot out of me. It's still 4-5 days away from completion, so I'm not ready to show it off just yet. I'm sorry to get your hopes up. There's a lot of love going into this update. A lot of love and tweaks and new features, some of which have never been done before in any camera app -- ever.

See you in a few days :)

We love the quality app that you have built and we have faith in you :cool:. Take your time, quality comes first, I believe. Also real life and its commitments come first :)

djmuzi

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I got strange bug. After leaving the app in background and used it again after a while the viewfinder remains black.
Often the app crashes right on start especially when started from the lens view of the Nokia Camera or stock camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I got strange bug. After leaving the app in background and used it again after a while the viewfinder remains black.
Often the app crashes right on start especially when started from the lens view of the Nokia Camera or stock camera app.

I'm really sorry about those bugs, they've been really hard to track down since there's no solid way to reproduce them. I'm going to do my best to get them patched for v3.0.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I visited the Nokia care centre and got my lens cleaned.

But, the pics are still poor and grainy.
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

I even tried the proshot trial version to see if there is any issue with my default camera !

:) florescent lights are a bad light source for taking pictures, you see they're much like TVs in reality they're not a constant source of light they're a bouncing stream of light going back and forth and thus your pictures will always look bad in such situations (if you slowed your shutter I mean)
but if you increased ISO this problem will fade away but you'll be troubled with noise.
Invest in a lamp that can be manually adjusted and try taking a picture with those white lights off, you'll get wonderful pictures.
Thanks you.

kimaro

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Here is another happy user of this great app :smile:

@riseupgames: I read you were looking to add the tap to focus / tap to capture option.
Is it coming live soon? I can't keep track of how many photos I have wasted touching the screen before I really wanted to shoot :winktongue:

Thanks in advance for this great app and your feedback in the forum is really appreciated. We need more devs like you!!

BTW, you have a PM

5witcher

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I purchased ProShot a few months ago and I like it a lot!

It was brought up in wpcentral forums already, but still - Lumia 720 pictures are washed-out and blurry after Amber update. There is a photo example here: Lumia 720 camera gets bad after updating to Amber?... - Nokia Support Discussions

RiseUpGames, what do you think about this? Is there any way to fix the situation by using your app? The thing is, I tried to use ProShot after Amber update with different settings (there is a suspicion that Amber update screwed with ISO levels), but it didn't really help the picture quality in low-light... Images are still washed-out and blurry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss