ProShot camera app.

Hackemate

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Updated to versi?n 3.0 and I bought filters, many thanks for you work.... one question... what's shadow recovery?
And a request... Although I understand quite well the english language, I would like have it in spanish language.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Auto option almost gives the same yellowish tint like in Nokia camera output in indoor shots ,before the update it was not..

I'm sorry to say, that yellowish tint is unavoidable. It's Nokia's image processing that happens when the image is captured.

Updated to versi?n 3.0 and I bought filters, many thanks for you work.... one question... what's shadow recovery?
And a request... Although I understand quite well the english language, I would like have it in spanish language.

Check this @0:15, visual explanation of Shadow Recovery :)
ProShot v2.9 New Features Overview - YouTube

I hope to work on Spanish localization soon!

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update. Its pretty cool.

Some things to note:
The app kept saying that some error occurred when I tried to open it the first time. You have added a small tutorial kinda video when you open it for the first time. It got stuck when I tried to play around with the ISO choosing UI in the tutorial video. After that when I went to the app, it kept complaining that some error had occurred. But I restarted the app and it worked fine.

Shutter speed for M mode is not getting saved. Everytime I open the app, it goes back to Auto. I think it used to remember it before. Also if I switch between modes, M to P to M, shutter speed is getting reset.

On my 920, it defaulted to 8 MP when I opened my app after the update. Looks like the 8MP version is in 4:3. There was no indication of it in the IMG>Size screen. Also, it always shows 16:9 but I think the 8MP version is actually 4:3. The 16:9, 4:3 options are not choosable, are they ?

Other than these minor quirks, awesome update!

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames

Fantastic job you are doing ! Just purchased filters, not that I need them at the moment, but more to support your work. (Needed to restart ProShot to activate filter editor). Keep up the good work!!!

BTW, since you are the master of the code, is it impossible to make video editor? Microsoft do not allow access to video files or what ?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have proshot on my lumia 720 and the app is showing options for selecting only upto 6.1 MP even though the phone sports a 6.7 MP camera. Is it intentional?

The Lumia 720 comes with a multi-aspect ratio image sensor, so the full 6.7 megapixels are being split between the 16:9 and 4:3 modes. Have a look at this for more info http://forums.windowscentral.com/at...mia-920-8-7mp-camera-sensor-diagram_thumb.jpg The Lumia 920 image sensor is 8.7 megapixels, but not all of them are used in 4:3 or 16:9.

Just got the update. Its pretty cool.

Some things to note:
The app kept saying that some error occurred when I tried to open it the first time. You have added a small tutorial kinda video when you open it for the first time. It got stuck when I tried to play around with the ISO choosing UI in the tutorial video. After that when I went to the app, it kept complaining that some error had occurred. But I restarted the app and it worked fine.

Shutter speed for M mode is not getting saved. Everytime I open the app, it goes back to Auto. I think it used to remember it before. Also if I switch between modes, M to P to M, shutter speed is getting reset.

On my 920, it defaulted to 8 MP when I opened my app after the update. Looks like the 8MP version is in 4:3. There was no indication of it in the IMG>Size screen. Also, it always shows 16:9 but I think the 8MP version is actually 4:3. The 16:9, 4:3 options are not choosable, are they ?

Other than these minor quirks, awesome update!

Thank you very, very much for the feedback! I was able to fix the intro screen bug, I wasn't handling some things properly if the user hit the back button instead of completing the tutorial. Seems like it's affecting a TON of users. I'm sorry for the bug!

I changed the way A, P, M, C1, C2 modes work...I don't know how this bug slipped through the cracks. Working on a fix asap.

7MP is the largest 16:9 option on the Lumia 920. It's all a bit confusing since it's a multi-aspect ratio sensor, but 3552*2000 = 7.1MP

Oh and, that 16:9 / 4:3 legend at the top-right of the IMG->size screen is a bit confusing. I totally forgot to clear that up. Will do so for the next update.

You should update the screenshots on WPStore ;)

Definitely, haha. Gonna for the next update :grincry:

@RiseUpGames

Fantastic job you are doing ! Just purchased filters, not that I need them at the moment, but more to support your work. (Needed to restart ProShot to activate filter editor). Keep up the good work!!!

BTW, since you are the master of the code, is it impossible to make video editor? Microsoft do not allow access to video files or what ?

Unfortunately it's not possible. Or rather, it's not easy, and there's too many limitations, the most glaring of which is the fact that 3rd party developers can't save videos to the camera roll. :/

teng_m

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
@RiseUpGames

Could you add more white balances? for example fluorescent would have 3 more color options, some are daylight white, white, warm white ect. cloudy and shaded ect.

thanks for the great camera app!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames

Could you add more white balances? for example fluorescent would have 3 more color options, some are daylight white, white, warm white ect. cloudy and shaded ect.

thanks for the great camera app!

I"m sorry, I can't. I can only add what's supported by the hardware of the camera.

The plus side is, you can probably use the filter editor to do your own color corrections to compensate for different white balances. It might not be as good as a hardware solution, but it'd be interesting to try ;)

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
7MP is the largest 16:9 option on the Lumia 920. It's all a bit confusing since it's a multi-aspect ratio sensor, but 3552*2000 = 7.1MP
Oh and, that 16:9 / 4:3 legend at the top-right of the IMG->size screen is a bit confusing. I totally forgot to clear that up. Will do so for the next update.

I get it now. The 16:9 and 4:3 are color coded and the color matches the pic size. In my setup, both the colors were almost the same and I couldnt make out the difference. I changed my proShot color and now am able to see the difference

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Just updated on my 521 and bought the filter pack to try and compensate you in a small way for all your hard work. Like others, I had to restart the phone to get rid of the error message after installing. After that, no problems. I can't say I will use all the color filters much, since I tend to do post processing on my computer, but I am looking forward to testing out the HDR Lite some more. Its going to take some time to explore the new features :)

The SinCity filter doesn't seem to work on my 521. I can see the picture just fine before I take it, but it only saves a blank grey screen.

I took a few pictures with it this morning, and am trying to figure out the real difference in results between HDR Lite and Shadow Recovery and the plain old exposure bump on the bottom of the screen. Is there any way to see what filters are used with the embedded EXIF information ?

Keep up the great work.

Last edited:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I get it now. The 16:9 and 4:3 are color coded and the color matches the pic size. In my setup, both the colors were almost the same and I couldnt make out the difference. I changed my proShot color and now am able to see the difference

Yes I'm sorry for the confusion! For v3.0.1 I updated the look so the connection is a bit more obvious, but I'm pretty sure I could still design the menu better. Just had to push something out quickly along with the fixes to the bugs that came with 3.0

wp_ss_20131121_0001.jpg

Just updated on my 521 and bought the filter pack to try and compensate you in a small way for all your hard work. Like others, I had to restart the phone to get rid of the error message after installing. After that, no problems. I can't say I will use all the color filters much, since I tend to do post processing on my computer, but I am looking forward to testing out the HDR Lite some more. Its going to take some time to explore the new features :)

The SinCity filter doesn't seem to work on my 521. I can see the picture just fine before I take it, but it only saves a blank grey screen.

I took a few pictures with it this morning, and am trying to figure out the real difference in results between HDR Lite and Shadow Recovery and the plain old exposure bump on the bottom of the screen. Is there any way to see what filters are used with the embedded EXIF information ?

Keep up the great work.

A fix for Sin City is on the way! Submitted the update early early this morning (USA time).

HDR Lite basically uses Shadow Recovery +3 plus a few other tweaks to give it its look. It's a step in the right direction as I work on bringing full HDR to ProShot ;)

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
RiseUpGames, I just have to say AWESOME update. Thank you! Don't really use filters but bought your filter pak to thank you and support your efforts.

Question/Bug: You added EXIF to the camera roll in 2.7. This is the metadata? How do I get to it? And will it display the metadata of images shot in Auto mode? Also in camera roll, when I tap "captured by ProShot" or use the "...\open in ProShot", I get error message, "Original image not found". Looks like this error only occurs for images shot before the update. I'm using 920.

Thanks again!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
RiseUpGames, I just have to say AWESOME update. Thank you! Don't really use filters but bought your filter pak to thank you and support your efforts.

Question/Bug: You added EXIF to the camera roll in 2.7. This is the metadata? How do I get to it? And will it display the metadata of images shot in Auto mode? Also in camera roll, when I tap "captured by ProShot" or use the "...\open in ProShot", I get error message, "Original image not found". Looks like this error only occurs for images shot before the update. I'm using 920.

Thanks again!

That is correct, the message only pops up with images captured before v3.0 since ProShot didn't save images to local storage before.

For EXIF, I just added the option to view the EXIF that's already embedded in the JPEG (so it will show shutter speed, aperture, size, and ISO). I actually have to do some crazy tricks to get EXIF to be embedded into pics shot with filters, but it's all accurate. If you have a Windows PC, you can copy the images to your HDD, right-click, select "Properties" and from there you can view the EXIF.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
RiseUpGames, thanks. From your description, I thought that meant I could see EXIF from within ProShot. Now that I know, no problem to view with file manager in my laptop. Although, now that I think about this, if I could see it in ProShot, I could use it as a starting point to set up my manual setttings (since you haven't been able to implement a light meter function ;-) ).

Anyway, here's a recent shot with ProShot before the 3.0 update. This is shot in auto mode without any post-processing other than to crop due to out-of-level horizon.

20131117_170729a_ProShot.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
RiseUpGames, thanks. From your description, I thought that meant I could see EXIF from within ProShot. Now that I know, no problem to view with file manager in my laptop. Although, now that I think about this, if I could see it in ProShot, I could use it as a starting point to set up my manual setttings (since you haven't been able to implement a light meter function ;-) ).

Anyway, here's a recent shot with ProShot before the 3.0 update. This is shot in auto mode without any post-processing other than to crop due to out-of-level horizon.

View attachment 50306

I'm sorry, maybe my description was a bit confusing (I've pulled too many late nights this week!). You can view the EXIF in ProShot. The values that are shown in the preview roll are taken from the image itself. I just only show the size, ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and date and time info (and not other things like dpi settings since they're not that important). I do want to build a more fleshed-out image info viewer with histogram levels and such, but it's not that high on the priority list (based on user feedback).

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
opened the v3.0 for the first time today and I gotta say, wow the intro tutorial was very professional looking and is just plain awesome. the GUI makes me look like a photo pro and the tap slide shortcut is ingenius!
very good

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames
Remember when I told you "shoot for the stars", well I know it is not possible to have exposure longer than 4 seconds, but with your great ProShot app, and time lapse function I took my first photo of startrails :)
I will play more with this when I have more time but so far I can say your app rocks.

(sorry to repport a bug but while taking this time lapse, counters did not move, time was at 0:00:00 and frame counter show only 0, but as you can see, there was a lot of photos taken)
My Lumia 920 was in airplane mode,if this means something to you.

Attachments

• Startrails-L920_01.jpg
    Startrails-L920_01.jpg
    913.1 KB · Views: 11

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven