ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames
Remember when I told you "shoot for the stars", well I know it is not possible to have exposure longer than 4 seconds, but with your great ProShot app, and time lapse function I took my first photo of startrails :)
I will play more with this when I have more time but so far I can say your app rocks.

(sorry to repport a bug but while taking this time lapse, counters did not move, time was at 0:00:00 and frame counter show only 0, but as you can see, there was a lot of photos taken)
My Lumia 920 was in airplane mode,if this means something to you.

Awesome, very very cool!! Do you remember what settings you used? How many photos were taken? I'm planning a trip out to the desert soon and definitely wanted to try this out!

Oh and I'm really sorry about the bug in the counters, I've patched that (and a few other things) in the update I submitted to Microsoft on Thursday, which means it will hopefully be available for download today or tomorrow.

opticon

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey man! Loving the new update. Convinced a fellow 1020 owner to buy your app yesterday. About continuous shoot: I meant a sort of shortest possible interval-mode for time lapse where the next picture is taken as soon as the cache is clear. Maybe there could be an indicator of the approximated interval somewhere on screen, as I'm guessing it would depend on hardware and options. Typing this from my phone so I'll keep it short.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, very very cool!! Do you remember what settings you used? How many photos were taken? I'm planning a trip out to the desert soon and definitely wanted to try this out!

Oh and I'm really sorry about the bug in the counters, I've patched that (and a few other things) in the update I submitted to Microsoft on Thursday, which means it will hopefully be available for download today or tomorrow.

Yes of course. This one is about 250 photos. One hour time lapse. 15 seconds interval. 2 seconds exposure time, ISO 800. Manual focus at 95%, WB Daylight. Flash off, filters off. Think it is it.
(one tip, it was Cold so something like tea is good to have, blanket, I took laptop too and wathced one Movie)

Tripod of course :)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey man! Loving the new update. Convinced a fellow 1020 owner to buy your app yesterday. About continuous shoot: I meant a sort of shortest possible interval-mode for time lapse where the next picture is taken as soon as the cache is clear. Maybe there could be an indicator of the approximated interval somewhere on screen, as I'm guessing it would depend on hardware and options. Typing this from my phone so I'll keep it short.

Awesome thank you :)

I'll definitely look into your suggestion. Sounds like it would fall under the burst mode category, though, right?

Ps still no donate/bribe feature. I'm growing impatient.....

Haha. On the to-do list :p

Yes of course. This one is about 250 photos. One hour time lapse. 15 seconds interval. 2 seconds exposure time, ISO 800. Manual focus at 95%, WB Daylight. Flash off, filters off. Think it is it.
(one tip, it was Cold so something like tea is good to have, blanket, I took laptop too and wathced one Movie)

Tripod of course :)

Thanks for the info! Just curious, why did you choose a 15sec interval?

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames

This my first test of "startrails" so I thougt 15 seconds will do the job. I thought that 30 seconds will make "jumps/ empty space" between stars .
Maybe I can BING for some tips on how to shoot startrails and see how photographers shoot startrails. :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
@RiseUpGames

Hey thanx for the new update with fixes!

I like the "Sin City" filter...a very cool add!

2013_11_25_12_57_05_ProShot[1].jpg

Last edited:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames

This my first test of "startrails" so I thougt 15 seconds will do the job. I thought that 30 seconds will make "jumps/ empty space" between stars .
Maybe I can BING for some tips on how to shoot startrails and see how photographers shoot startrails. :)

I think you can go as fast a 5sec intervals when shooting with a 2sec shutter speed. Although, that's 3X the amount of pictures you'd have to deal with, haha.

@RiseUpGames

Hey thanx for the new update with fixes!

I like the "Sin City" filter...a very cool add!

Glad you like it! The Sin City filter has an interesting property: play with the exposure slider and it will create different effects.

Here's some random snaps I took while testing out the filter (my roommate's Boston Terrier is my go-to model for testing ProShot, haha)

sincity1.jpg

sincity2.jpg

The first was shot on a Lumia 520, the second was shot on a 1020.

kimaro

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I don't know if it is a known bug or it is WAI but I can?t use flash when using burst mode. Even If I force it to ON it never flashes.

Can you fix that? I'm still using 3.0, I haven't updated yet so if it is already fixed please forget it.

Keep on the good work mate. Best photo app in windows phone :)

BTW: Riseupgames, I sent you a PM some time ago, still waiting for your answer just in case you are interested of course.

BR

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I don't know if it is a known bug or it is WAI but I can?t use flash when using burst mode. Even If I force it to ON it never flashes.

Can you fix that? I'm still using 3.0, I haven't updated yet so if it is already fixed please forget it.

Keep on the good work mate. Best photo app in windows phone :)

BTW: Riseupgames, I sent you a PM some time ago, still waiting for your answer just in case you are interested of course.

BR

Ah yes, I really wish I could get flash to work with burst mode. ProShot uses a hardware trick to grab images quickly, and that means that flash cannot be activated during burst capture :/

Question to everyone out there: besides HDR, what else would you like to see added to ProShot? (I'm working on a few bug fixes right now. Once that's done, it's time to add new features :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, face detection, hdr mode, multiple focus in one shot mode would be nice, panorama mode, using a cameras full sensor size and over sampling would be great.

Last edited:

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Other thanHDR and an Unsharp Mask which i sometimes use in GIMP if the original lacks sharpness, I can't think of much more I would want. Faster execution between shots would be nice, but I know you are limited on that by what MS gives you to work with. I am just an amateur though. My one fear is that if you put too much into it, it will slow it down or require a lot more memory than my 521 has to run.

Last edited:

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I wish there was a trick to do longer exposures than 4 seconds. Not exactly time-lapse, but something to get even more light in one picture - sort of HDR, but more like "adding" the exposures then just "averaging".. :)

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I would like to see some basic video capture capabilities. It would just be nice to be able to quickly switch to video mode.

Also, I'm a little confused about why the shutter speed is located in the bottom left of the screen instead of easily accessible from the dragable menus like everything else? It would be nice if this could be included on the right hand menu for easier access.

Last thing, and honestly, most importantly, is default camera for the camera button! I know, not your fault, but there has to be something else we can do to get Microsoft to listen? I go on that voting page everything I can and vote again for it!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions! HDR is definitely on the short list of things I want to add next. Oversampling / using the full sensor is already happening as of v3.0 :) (for Lumia 1020 only, I have yet to get my hands on the 1520). Everything else, I will look into, to see if it's doable (and doable within a reasonable amount of time), and doesn't kill ProShot's performance.

I can say that the sharp / unsharp is computationally expensive, and might not be practical for real-time applications (a very simple sharp algorithm requires at least 5 pixels sampled per-pixel, so a 5 megapixel image would require at least 25 million samples on top of any filter processing just to calculate the sharpness alone).

For reframing: it shouldn't be too hard to add now that (as of 3.0) the infrastructure is in place, but the current Windows Phone API doesn't allow devs to edit images in-place, so the reframed image would either be saved as a separate image in the Camera Roll, or as a new image in the "My Saved Pictures" folder.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I would like to see some basic video capture capabilities. It would just be nice to be able to quickly switch to video mode.

Also, I'm a little confused about why the shutter speed is located in the bottom left of the screen instead of easily accessible from the dragable menus like everything else? It would be nice if this could be included on the right hand menu for easier access.

Last thing, and honestly, most importantly, is default camera for the camera button! I know, not your fault, but there has to be something else we can do to get Microsoft to listen? I go on that voting page everything I can and vote again for it!

I'd like to add video capabilities, but Microsoft doesn't even let third party apps save videos to the camera roll. A very odd omission :/

We're almost at 1000 votes! https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/...1596-allow-camera-button-to-launch-a-lens-app
It's easy for them to implement this feature -- it's already there for Nokia's apps. I'm pretty sure there's some sort of exclusivity agreement going on or something, otherwise it should have been there by now.

Edit: Oh! And about the shutter speed selector: yes I've been meaning to integrate that into the right menu for quite a while. Just have yet to get around to it.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
thanks RiseUpGames, I was about to agree with thelostsoul regarding the shutter speed selector location but you beat me to it. thanks for moving it to the right side!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett