ProShot camera app.

Szellati

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hy!
My battery above 20%, AF mode, Flash ON, AF assist lamp ON, half-press camera button, but nothing.. :(
The HTC stock camera app does not contain AF assist light. I was hoping to use this feature in this app.. :( Or is it a possibility?

By the way awsome your app!

Thanks

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hy!
My battery above 20%, AF mode, Flash ON, AF assist lamp ON, half-press camera button, but nothing.. :(
The HTC stock camera app does not contain AF assist light. I was hoping to use this feature in this app.. :( Or is it a possibility?

By the way awsome your app!

Thanks

Does the flash fire when you take a picture? Also, are you sure the stock camera app doesn't have the option to configure assist lamp settings? I have been able to verify that it does on two devices. Open the stock camera app, go to photo settings, scroll to the bottom, and there will be an option for assist lamp. Please let me know if it fires in the stock camera app.

Szellati

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the flash work when i take picture, in the stock camera app and in your app too. The stock camera app doesn't have the option to configure assist lamp, because no assist lamp in the stock app. My girlfriend's HTC 8X doens't have assist lamp too in the stock camera app, but she install ProShot and the AF assist lamp work as well.

Sorry for my english!

Thanks

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the flash work when i take picture, in the stock camera app and in your app too. The stock camera app doesn't have the option to configure assist lamp, because no assist lamp in the stock app. My girlfriend's HTC 8X doens't have assist lamp too in the stock camera app, but she install ProShot and the AF assist lamp work as well.

Sorry for my english!

Thanks

I see. Aah, I'm really sorry to say, I'm not sure how to fix the problem. If the AF Assist lamp won't work even with the stock camera app, but everything works just fine with the same app on your girlfriend's 8X, then there might be something wrong with your hardware :(

Edit: ProShot v3.2 is done and submitted. Nothing too big in this one, but who knows what 3.3 might have in store. HHHMMMMMM

v3.2 changelog:

+ Added option to disable viewfinder during timelapse
+ UI tweaks
+ fixed touch issue with the right bar
+ enabled skip button in tutorial
+ added Uri Association for developers

Szellati

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Could be that the ProShot does not support my HTC 8S camera API completely? I do not think that it would be a hardware problem, because the Flash is works as well.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Could be that the ProShot does not support my HTC 8S camera API completely? I do not think that it would be a hardware problem, because the Flash is works as well.

The Windows Phone Camera API was designed to work the same across all phones, so if AF assist lamp is working on everyone else's phone (I've tested on my HTC 8X, Lumia 920 and 1020), I'm not sure what else I can do in this situation. :(

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: In the viewfinder, what does that flower icon that is right under the AF button mean? It doesn't seem to function any different than the AF feature when taking closeups. What am I missing? TIA!

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but I can shoot just as close with the AF mode as with the macro mode. I can get to about 2" from the subject in either mode. Doesn't seem that I can get closer than 2" in either mode. So what can I do that's special in macro mode that I can't do in regular mode?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, but I can shoot just as close with the AF mode as with the macro mode. I can get to about 2" from the subject in either mode. Doesn't seem that I can get closer than 2" in either mode. So what can I do that's special in macro mode that I can't do in regular mode?

It should AF quicker on most hardware because the AF range is limited. In normal AF mode it will hunt through the entire AF range before deciding what to focus on.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the explanation. if it AFs quicker in macro mode, it's only milliseconds quicker, if any, on my 920. Still nice to know!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the AF algorithms are quite good on Nokia devices, but there are those rare occasions when it AFs on the background instead of the foreground. Although in practice, if I'm taking a macro shot I think I usually use MF + assist.

matte88

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Testing the shadow recovery.
Original image
montegroppo2_ProShot.jpg
i don't know if is possible to adjust color only with WB on the phone.
Manual color correction on Paint.net
Modified image
Montegroppo_ProShot.jpg
i'm stunned for potential from lumia 920...

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Testing the shadow recovery.
Original image
View attachment 53546
i don't know if is possible to adjust color only with WB on the phone.
Manual color correction on Paint.net
Modified image
View attachment 53547
i'm stunned for potential from lumia 920...

The Lumia 920 has an amazing camera, even a year after it came out :) Is that with Shadow Recovery +1 or +2?

Sadly, there's no manual while balance control on the 920, only HTC hardware supports it. Looks like you did a really good job recovering it with Paint.net though, I like those colors a lot more!

matte88

May 5, 2013
Visit site
i don't remember the number of Shadow Recovery, maybe +2. next time, i pay attention to what i do hihi :)
yeah i really miss the manual WB

matte88

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 Black Update GDR3

I think the green color from vegetation is now more natural with GDR3 + Black update
This is my opinion, anyone saw the difference with new update?
Here an example, all auto option
2014_01_15_13_27_21_ProShot.jpg
2014_01_15_13_26_45_ProShot.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon