ProShot camera app.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
One new feature request: I love the option in Nokia Cam for AF light to be set by flash (eg, if flash is off, AF light is off; if flash is on, AF light is on). Most often, I only turn off flash to not be obnoxious, and of course the extremely bright AF light still goes on. Would you be possible to get that option? Or at least to make the AF light options draggable in support of the new interface?

Also, still waiting for default cam options :( But I'm really liking ProShot so far! Thanks again for an awesome product!

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames: Feature request, since now is possible to turn off the viewfinder when taking time lapse, can you turn Everything off, so we have "spy" or "stealth" mode and can take time lipse Pictures as some kind of surveillance images while mobile looks like it is off :)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
One new feature request: I love the option in Nokia Cam for AF light to be set by flash (eg, if flash is off, AF light is off; if flash is on, AF light is on). Most often, I only turn off flash to not be obnoxious, and of course the extremely bright AF light still goes on. Would you be possible to get that option? Or at least to make the AF light options draggable in support of the new interface?

Also, still waiting for default cam options :( But I'm really liking ProShot so far! Thanks again for an awesome product!

I may do the AF / Assist options the Nokia way, still not sure though. If there is enough interest in this, I'll do it. Personally I like it the way it is, but I made this app for everyone, and not just myself ;)

@RiseUpGames: Feature request, since now is possible to turn off the viewfinder when taking time lapse, can you turn Everything off, so we have "spy" or "stealth" mode and can take time lipse Pictures as some kind of surveillance images while mobile looks like it is off :)

I guess my only concern for this is violating certain laws in certain countries. Some countries actually require mobile devices to make shutter sounds when the cameras are taking pictures. Plus, it's not actually possible to completely turn the viewfinder (screen) off while taking pictures. As soon as the screen is locked, the camera hardware shuts down.

should looks exactly the same as built-in camera auto setting.

Except with ProShot you can adjust saturation / contrast / shadow recovery levels, too ;)

ProShot update: currently working on 3.3. Mostly bug fixes, but I might be able to squeeze in a new feature or two. I've still got a HUGE to-do list, so many more updates are still planned!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
is there anyway to change the image ratio from 16:9 to 4:9? with 16:9 ration, the max image size is only 5MP....im using lumia 1520..

Thank you.

I've yet to get my hands on a 1520 so I properly add support for higher resolutions. I was supposed to get one last week but it didn't happen. Hopefully I can get one this weekend and add 20MP support in with the v3.3 update.

Iulian Luca

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, RiseUpGames - you're on the wpcentral front page :)
I am now with Lumia Black on my 920 and using the latest ProShot app - very happy now that I finally got a tripod mount from joby I can play more :)
Anyway the Nokia and windows phone 8 doesn't provide a better and good solution for taking portrait and landscape panorama - Nokia Panorama doesn't do the job most of the time.
I don't know if you heard about this android app: ProCapture I bought it on my HTC Desire phone and I must say it blows my mind with the panorama mode - I don't know much about the imaging algorithms, but this app stitch everything.
My question is - do you plan a panorama mode for ProShot app? :)

Thank you and keep up the heavy work!

Iulian

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, RiseUpGames - you're on the wpcentral front page :)
I am now with Lumia Black on my 920 and using the latest ProShot app - very happy now that I finally got a tripod mount from joby I can play more :)
Anyway the Nokia and windows phone 8 doesn't provide a better and good solution for taking portrait and landscape panorama - Nokia Panorama doesn't do the job most of the time.
I don't know if you heard about this android app: ProCapture I bought it on my HTC Desire phone and I must say it blows my mind with the panorama mode - I don't know much about the imaging algorithms, but this app stitch everything.
My question is - do you plan a panorama mode for ProShot app? :)

Thank you and keep up the heavy work!

Iulian

Thank you for the head's up! So happy and humbled that WPCentral published an article about it :smile:

Image stitching is a bit tricky. I haven't read up on algorithms yet, but it's something I want to look into. I want ProShot to be the end-all-be-all of camera apps :)

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames, Regarding "stealth" mode while taking time-lapse spy Pictures, if viewfinder is black and you allow all Icons and Graphics to be black color then you have a solution ;)
Keep up the good work, just read your interview on developer blog.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
@RiseUpGames, congratulations on being featured on WPcentral.com! Nice write up!

Quick question: Ran Storage Check on my 920. ProShot currently is consuming 176MB on my phone with about 29MB of that for the app. Is that 147MB for data correct? And if so, what's in there? Thanks again for the best app in WP8!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames, congratulations on being featured on WPcentral.com! Nice write up!

Quick question: Ran Storage Check on my 920. ProShot currently is consuming 176MB on my phone with about 29MB of that for the app. Is that 147MB for data correct? And if so, what's in there? Thanks again for the best app in WP8!

Sorry for the delayed response! The extra space could be from the original images saved to local storage (ProShot saves the 'originals' to local storage. For now it's just so that you always have a backup copy of the original image, but this framework will be utilized to a greater extent in later versions of ProShot). If you want to clear this, go to the Settings panel, scroll down to the "Clear Storage" button and that will clear ProShot's local storage (this will not affect the pictures already saved to your camera roll).

ProShot v3.3 update: it's coming along nicely, full Lumia 1520 support, Samsung and Huawei support (some features couldn't make it due to hardware issues), as well as square aspect ratio :) Might also be able to squeeze in a few more things before my deadline!

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed response! The extra space could be from the original images saved to local storage (ProShot saves the 'originals' to local storage. For now it's just so that you always have a backup copy of the original image, but this framework will be utilized to a greater extent in later versions of ProShot). If you want to clear this, go to the Settings panel, scroll down to the "Clear Storage" button and that will clear ProShot's local storage.

No problem at all, I know you are so busy turning out new features for us! :smile: I ran Clear Storage and it did clear out that local storage. Thank you! Whichbrings up the question of how do you get to local storage to get a backup copy of an original image? I'm not sure I can see a way to do this. Not that I want to do this, just wondering.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone ever thought about the software viewfinder on the smartphone? So the camera could keep a close to eye firmly as in old cameras.

That would be a really cool feature! But the human eye can't focus at such a close distance -- it would need some sort of physical lens with a diopter adjustment so the eye could focus on the image.

No problem at all, I know you are so busy turning out new features for us! :smile: I ran Clear Storage and it did clear out that local storage. Thank you! Whichbrings up the question of how do you get to local storage to get a backup copy of an original image? I'm not sure I can see a way to do this. Not that I want to do this, just wondering.

Glad to hear the Clear Storage button worked!
Just open up the side menu in the preview roll, there will be an options to "Export Original" or "Delete Original"

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is bug or limitation of WP8 OS or if not a option for my phone (Lumia 521).

Pics are set to save to sd card. Even pics that I took at one time that where saving to phone hd.

The option in Info view for export/delete orginal is greyed out ?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is bug or limitation of WP8 OS or if not a option for my phone (Lumia 521).

Pics are set to save to sd card. Even pics that I took at one time that where saving to phone hd.

The option in Info view for export/delete orginal is greyed out ?

[url]http://s1.bild.me/bilder/260513/9338804wp_ss_20140125_0001.jpg[/URL]

If you have your phone set to save images to the SD card, ProShot will save images to the SD card (ProShot just tells the system to "save an image", the system then decides whether it should go to the SD card or to the phone HDD).

If the export / delete options are grayed out, that means that ProShot cannot find the original file. Either the "Save Original" option (found in Settings panel) is not checked, ProShot has recently been re-installed (this deletes all ProShot files including the original photos), or the picture was taken before ProShot v3.0. I hope this helps!

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If you have your phone set to save images to the SD card, ProShot will save images to the SD card (ProShot just tells the system to "save an image", the system then decides whether it should go to the SD card or to the phone HDD).

If the export / delete options are grayed out, that means that ProShot cannot find the original file. Either the "Save Original" option (found in Settings panel) is not checked, ProShot has recently been re-installed (this deletes all ProShot files including the original photos), or the picture was taken before ProShot v3.0. I hope this helps!

Save Original is checked, Version is 3.2 that is version I have. Older photos not having the option, I did uninstall proshot and reinstall a month or so ago.

But the screenshot above was taken Friday night, and any pics I take the export/delete are greyed out. I tried unchecking the save original option. but that did not change anything still greyed out.

Perhaps I should uninstall, reinstall, reapply filters, and see if that works.

edit: Uninstall, reinstall did not work, export/delete still greyed out with new pics.

Last edited:

dougplanet

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I love ProShot, but am having an issue with time lapse. It was recommended that I share in this thread since the rev hangs out here... ��

The basic problem is that no matter the interval, or photo size, while time lapse continues to snap away, every photo after the 7th is a duplicate of the 7th pic. Afterwards, the camera ceases to function properly. (including all other camera apps), displaying only a solid green instead of whatever I'm pointing at. Thankfully a reboot fixes the green screen, but I can't get past 7 pics.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/260218-proshot-timelapse-bug-1020-a.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)