ProShot camera app.

goixiz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a setting on my N920 to reduce or remove the black spots that shows up on the viewfinder/screen (black spots where shiny or bright areas on the screen) it does not show up in the photos just ths screen.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there a setting on my N920 to reduce or remove the black spots that shows up on the viewfinder/screen (black spots where shiny or bright areas on the screen) it does not show up in the photos just ths screen.

You may have accidentally activated Highlight Clip mode. You can turn it off in the settings panel.
I get this question so many times, I may just remove the feature haha

coltopi

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi riseupgames I have a Lumia 720, I've notice something after I updated to black.. Shutter speed can now only be set up to 1 sec.. It can be adjusted up to 4 sec before.
Is this a bug or something? Or its just a part of the Nokia black update?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi riseupgames I have a Lumia 720, I've notice something after I updated to black.. Shutter speed can now only be set up to 1 sec.. It can be adjusted up to 4 sec before.
Is this a bug or something? Or its just a part of the Nokia black update?

I'm sorry to say, it looks like Nokia changed the firmware settings on the Lumia 520, 620, and 720 (and maybe even the 820?) so that they can only shoot up to 1 sec. I don't know why they did this, it's really sad to see. I know of a lot of people who were doing light painting with their 520 and 620s.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
On the latest version, the live tile no longer show photos taken from the camera roll. now it only shows the boring proshot logo :p

Yeah I just caught that! Every time ProShot exits, it is supposed to refresh the pictures on the LiveTiles. If someone has two, three, or more ProShot shortcuts pinned to their screen, it takes a few seconds to refresh all of those live tiles. If one accidentally backed out of ProShot and relaunched it, this whole LiveTile refresh process makes reloading the app really slow on 1GHz phones, so I threw in some code real quick just before my submission deadline (I had a hard deadline for the Red Stripe deal) to not refresh on every app exit, but it looks like I just broke it -_-;

Definitely gonna fix that so the boring logo doesn't appear all the time :p I just can't submit any updates for the next week while the Red Stripe deal is going on.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
^that's false, I recently found out that Nokia Camera can delete photos direct from app.

Nokia is not a third party developer (like myself and the rest of us indie devs), they were a second party, and are now a first party :)

I really hope they can relax their policies with regards to camera button launch of apps as well as allowing third party apps to delete photos. When WP8 was first announced, the Lenses API as well as the rest of the Camera API sounded stuff out of a mobile photographer's fantasy. We were promised quick and easy access to any camera app, as well as the first mobile platform to offer a manual focus API. Windows Phone was poised to become *the* premier mobile photography platform, but even with the best hardware on the planet they failed because of insufficient access to, or complete lack of crucial APIs (can't delete photos, can't do separate focus / exposure adjustments, the Lenses menu is cumbersome at best, total lack of an API to save videos, etc).

I really hope 8.1 fixes this.

dependsreally

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, really interested in purchasing this app for my 8x. Been looking through the forums and also have the trail and was wondering if the app being purchased or something is needed to unlock 2 or 4 second shutter speeds. Is this the case of is the 8x still unable to have shutter speeds this long? Thanks. Great app nonetheless.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, really interested in purchasing this app for my 8x. Been looking through the forums and also have the trail and was wondering if the app being purchased or something is needed to unlock 2 or 4 second shutter speeds. Is this the case of is the 8x still unable to have shutter speeds this long? Thanks. Great app nonetheless.

I'm sorry to say, the HTC 8X hardware only supports up to 1/2s shutter speed. There is no way to force it to go longer :/

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
RiseUpGames, can u tell us anything about postprocess on Lumia? Because we noticed better tones on preview photos than real photos. That's happens with ProShot too.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
RiseUpGames, can u tell us anything about postprocess on Lumia? Because we noticed better tones on preview photos than real photos. That's happens with ProShot too.

Gladly!

The preview image seen right when the photo is taken is a thumbnail produced by the camera hardware, totally separate data from the full-res photo that ends up getting saved. You can say this preview image is a raw buffer snapshot, untouched by any post-processing. In the background, the full-res photo then gets run through Nokia's algorithms on its way to your camera roll, and unfortunately the result can sometimes be quite a bit off from what you originally saw in the preview shot.

And while I'm here, I just wanna say I'm working on the next update, v4.0. No ETA yet, but soonish. Should be good ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss