ProShot camera app.

matte88

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Unbelievable quality from ProShot - Lumia 920

2014_06_19_18_38_02_ProShot.jpg

This app should be the Default camera app for all lumia. i miss only the sharpness setting on it.
@RiseUpGames can you implement the +/- sharpness setting? and you know if WP 8.1 bring change in camera quality?
thanks in advance

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Unbelievable quality from ProShot - Lumia 920

View attachment 69716

This app should be the Default camera app for all lumia. i miss only the sharpness setting on it.
@RiseUpGames can you implement the +/- sharpness setting? and you know if WP 8.1 bring change in camera quality?
thanks in advance

A sharpness setting is on my to-do list, but it's not gonna make the v5.0 (next) update. I don't think WP 8.1 brings any image quality improvements, but it does bring a lot of new APIs for developers to work with!

Speaking of which, v5.0 is almost ready. UI is 99% complete. New features are 95% complete. The only major thing I have left to write is the tutorial. I plan (hope?) to film / edit a little video next week to show what my app is all about. I am sorry for the constant delays, but I wanted to make sure I do this one right. It represents a new beginning not only for ProShot, but for me as a developer.

The time near!

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Learning the in's and outs of this app has been an adventure. I was wondering if the image quality on the 1520 exceeds 8MP for 16:9 shots?
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Learning the in's and outs of this app has been an adventure. I was wondering if the image quality on the 1520 exceeds 8MP for 16:9 shots?
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

In this version (3.7.2), if you have the "Save Originals" option enabled, it will save the 8MP photo as well as the hi-res 20MP photo. The hi-res version is only available as an export option. Navigate to the image in ProShot's camera roll, expand the menu, and select export. This will export the full-res image to your saved pictures folder for editing however you'd like.

Everything will be a lot easier to understand with the pending update.

os1019

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
In this version (3.7.2), if you have the "Save Originals" option enabled, it will save the 8MP photo as well as the hi-res 20MP photo. The hi-res version is only available as an export option. Navigate to the image in ProShot's camera roll, expand the menu, and select export. This will export the full-res image to your saved pictures folder for editing however you'd like.

Everything will be a lot easier to understand with the pending update.

Thanks for the assist and thanks for such an amazing app.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the app. Didn't know it's not possible to set it up on camera button :cry:. Will consider my purchase as a support of developer :eek:rly:. Because in 100% of cases I launch camera with dedicated button... Hope some day I'll be able to use proshot...

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the app. Didn't know it's not possible to set it up on camera button :cry:. Will consider my purchase as a support of developer :eek:rly:. Because in 100% of cases I launch camera with dedicated button... Hope some day I'll be able to use proshot...

I completely agree that we need to be able to set it as the default camera button app. Unfortunately, it is not the developer's fault as Microsoft has not included general access to this feature for developers.

You can vote for it here:
Allow camera button to launch a Lens app – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Personally, I paid for ProShot knowing full-well that this was a limitation. However, seeing the developers dedication to the app and general support, I had to support his efforts. Both for the app itself and the add-on pack. Looking forward to what's next!

fthtozoglu

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
There is a problem with autoshutter when you choose 100 ISO at nights. Even the exposure is set on 0, the shutter is so fast and the pic is very dark. It should be a slower ahutter and the pic should take more light. Nokia procam does this case better.

P.s: I use a tripod, thats why i set the ISO 100

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree that we need to be able to set it as the default camera button app. Unfortunately, it is not the developer's fault as Microsoft has not included general access to this feature for developers.

Allow camera button to launch a Lens app – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Personally, I paid for ProShot knowing full-well that this was a limitation. However, seeing the developers dedication to the app and general support, I had to support his efforts. Both for the app itself and the add-on pack. Looking forward to what's next!

Thank you so much! The update is just about done, and I can say it will be available before the end of the month. WPCentral will be covering all the details soon ;)

There is a problem with autoshutter when you choose 100 ISO at nights. Even the exposure is set on 0, the shutter is so fast and the pic is very dark. It should be a slower ahutter and the pic should take more light. Nokia procam does this case better.

P.s: I use a tripod, thats why i set the ISO 100

In the coming update, I have added a "night" scene mode, which may help in this situation. As a developer, Microsoft doesn't give us any additional control over the shutter speed when it is set to Auto, but I believe the night scene mode will be of help. Stay tuned!

And seriously, thank you everyone again for your support. ProShot is getting a major overhaul, it's coming a lot closer to my original vision -- advanced accessible features for all -- and I couldn't have made it this far without your support. The update is my thank you letter to the WP and photographer community, and I can't wait to show it!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Seriously man you are the best and the layout looks amazing(I just read the WPCentral piece). Really can't wait to update the app. I'm going to have a lot of fun with it and seeing all the amazing photos on Nokia's Connect page and Instagram has given me more motivation to push the capabilities of my Lumia 920. Thank you.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Seriously man you are the best and the layout looks amazing(I just read the WPCentral piece). Really can't wait to update the app. I'm going to have a lot of fun with it and seeing all the amazing photos on Nokia's Connect page and Instagram has given me more motivation to push the capabilities of my Lumia 920. Thank you.

Phew, it's so good to hear the positive feedback on the changes! I made some possibly polarizing design choices, but I believe it all makes sense in practice and in motion. What the article doesn't show is how everything animates. I wanted the app to feel like you were piloting a Gundam. I'm almost more excited about those animations than anything else haha. Hope I didn't go too far with the metaphor.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I saw the latest update that is being worked on, featured on the main page and it looks really sleek. I'm looking forward to trying it out :D

I just voted for that feature. Thanks for linking. I remember first seeing the app featured in one article here and just seeing how much better it looked than the stock camera app, I knew I wanted it. I split time with Nokia Pro Cam occasionally, mainly because of the ability to open it with the camera button though. Either way though, great app and a great developer who interacts with users. App is well worth it.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a question for the developer. I like to make my colors "pop" a bit because I find the camera on the 1020 to produce slightly darker/drab images by default. But messing with the saturation/contrast settings in PS makes them kinda blown out & unnatural looking (even at the +1 setting).

Does the new version dial it back a bit with these settings? What would you recommend? Thanks!

P.S. If not, I'd like to vote for half steps for these settings.

arugula-375

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
RiseUpGames, that UI overhaul is just terrific! I really like your work.

I have some questions mostly connected to lumia 1020.

1. If I choose not to save the Hi-res picture, I only have option for 5MP. Would it be possible to not save the Hi-Res and save just 8/10 MP ?
2. If I choose the Hi-res, then I also have options for 8/10/12MP. Are these scaled in the same way as 5MP as in pureview technology? Or is some less intelligent scale used?
3. Have you ever considered implementing the reframing functionality? I really like it and actually use it a lot. The in-place modification of photos is not an issue for me (could even be a feature at some times). Or if you could just "hack the saved photo" in a way so that it can be opened with Nokia Camera and reframe from there? :p

+ Voted 3 votes for the cammera button ;)

Last edited:

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi I just bought the app and so far so good. I am not an expert photographer but can you make a detailed tutorial, and tips on using Proshot especially on how to produce great results? Also, where is "reset default settings"?

HansTj

May 10, 2013
Visit site
installed the latest update...looks slick.

Although i couldn't figure out how to focus manually. does anyone know ?

Just the left of the "AF" button, there is the almost-transparent manual focus slider. Just begin sliding your finger on that line, and it will automatically switch to manual focus.

HansTj

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

Under the "Image" option, I can't quickly switch the resolution by swiping my finger anymore. Is this a bug? Or does the latest update only allow quick-access to "filter"?

For me personally, among the three sub-menu under "Image", I use "size" and "adjust" the most. I don't think I have ever touched the "filter" sub-menu at all haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion