ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Will video ever become available?

It's something I want to add, but I can only do it if I update ProShot to the WP 8.1 Camera API...which means rewriting so much code, and having to find a completely different way to write the viewfinder code. Microsoft screwed me big time with the API change.

Yes, that is what I was referring. When you all talk about "display" is that what I am trying to take a picture of and "viewfinder" is the different options I can select?

Thanks,
yeto

The viewfinder button just means that when time-lapse is running, the viewfinder is either on or off, it doesn't affect the pictures that are taken. But, if you are on a low-end device like a 520, turning the viewfinder off may improve shot-to-shot time and during time-lapse, and on all devices turning the viewfinder off may allow for longer shooting periods while on battery.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
This thread is quite long, without reading sixty-six pages, I'll skip to the chase. I read ProShot can shoot HDR images, how good is the quality ? Can it save to OpenEXR or shoot Panoramic HDR ?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
This thread is quite long, without reading sixty-six pages, I'll skip to the chase. I read ProShot can shoot HDR images, how good is the quality ? Can it save to OpenEXR or shoot Panoramic HDR ?

It's shoots 5mp HDR. The app will shoot 3 shots that are bracketed and merged. You must be very still and this mode works best on a tripod. It certain settings I find HDR Camera better but ProShot produces a less compressed image.

One feature I would love to see for HDR is an increase in the number of images from 3-5. And the ability to set max and min exposures independently.
What I mean is for a scene you could choose +0.5 as brightest and -3.00 as darkest. Some scenes need a shift to overexpose shadows like mountain and cloud/sky scenes. HDR camera has this feature and it is very handy.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
It's shoots 5mp HDR. The app will shoot 3 shots that are bracketed and merged. You must be very still and this mode works best on a tripod. It certain settings I find HDR Camera better but ProShot produces a less compressed image.

One feature I would love to see for HDR is an increase in the number of images from 3-5. And the ability to set max and min exposures independently.
What I mean is for a scene you could choose +0.5 as brightest and -3.00 as darkest. Some scenes need a shift to overexpose shadows like mountain and cloud/sky scenes. HDR camera has this feature and it is very handy.

When you say HDR Camera, I assume you mean the app HDR Photo Camera ? It is recommended to have both apps, from what I take of it ?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

I just want to commend you for a job well done. I purchased your app back in 2013 but since Nokia Camera Pro was released it became my go to camera app.

Since you've updated your app with a new interface, it is now my primary camera app again.

I just love how quick it is compared to Nokia Camera.

Is there a possibility of saving the files DNG in the future?
Also, I noticed one time that pictures I have deleted previously came back. (It only happened once)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

No OpenEXR or Panoramic HDR as of now, I'm sorry.

ProShot can't do 5 image HDR because of memory issues, but I will be adding a real bracket feature soon, which should allow for more shooting options.

Hi RiseUpGames,

I just want to commend you for a job well done. I purchased your app back in 2013 but since Nokia Camera Pro was released it became my go to camera app.

Since you've updated your app with a new interface, it is now my primary camera app again.

I just love how quick it is compared to Nokia Camera.

Is there a possibility of saving the files DNG in the future?
Also, I noticed one time that pictures I have deleted previously came back. (It only happened once)

Nokia hasn't released any public API to shoot DNG, so I don't think it's coming :/ (currrently apps only have access to a JPEG stream).
That's very strange that the image came back, I'll have to look into it. I'm also still working on adding the ability to delete images from the camera roll. Having to support WP 8.0 and 8.1 has made this process needlessly complicated, so it's going to be a while still :(

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Nokia hasn't released any public API to shoot DNG, so I don't think it's coming :/ (currrently apps only have access to a JPEG stream).
That's very strange that the image came back, I'll have to look into it. I'm also still working on adding the ability to delete images from the camera roll. Having to support WP 8.0 and 8.1 has made this process needlessly complicated, so it's going to be a while still :(

Ok Thanks a lot.

It already happened to me twice. A handful of pictures which I have previously deleted returned to the camera roll.
I noticed this happened after I turned the phone off and then on.

Hmmm perhaps I have to delete the picture from within the ProShot app or within the Files app(which is what I did and the photos did not come back) rather than deleting it in the camera roll.

I'm using a 1520.1 Philippine variant w/ official 8.1 Cyan

HansTj

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

Continuing my previous question about "filter", "adjust" and "size" sub-menu, is it possible to add option to manually rearrange them. As of now, the finger-dragging feature only allows access to "filter", whereas I access "size" the most. I remember you told me that most users want easier access to "filter", that is why you put it on the left. So, if the user can manually rearrange these sub-menu, I think it will be very convenient for all of us.

I am also sorry to hear about the "feud" you are currently having with Microsoft's newest API. Hopefully, you can find a way out and still continue developing for WP.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok Thanks a lot.

It already happened to me twice. A handful of pictures which I have previously deleted returned to the camera roll.
I noticed this happened after I turned the phone off and then on.

Hmmm perhaps I have to delete the picture from within the ProShot app or within the Files app(which is what I did and the photos did not come back) rather than deleting it in the camera roll.

I'm using a 1520.1 Philippine variant w/ official 8.1 Cyan

Oh, if you delete the images from the camera roll, the "originals" will still exist in ProShot's folder. The only way to delete those originals is to do it manually, either through ProShot or the Files app.

In the next update, ProShot should be able to delete from the Camera Roll within the app, which will also remove the "original" if it's there.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

Continuing my previous question about "filter", "adjust" and "size" sub-menu, is it possible to add option to manually rearrange them. As of now, the finger-dragging feature only allows access to "filter", whereas I access "size" the most. I remember you told me that most users want easier access to "filter", that is why you put it on the left. So, if the user can manually rearrange these sub-menu, I think it will be very convenient for all of us.

I am also sorry to hear about the "feud" you are currently having with Microsoft's newest API. Hopefully, you can find a way out and still continue developing for WP.

Do you access the size tab mostly for resolution change, or aspect ratio change? I have an idea for a shortcut to aspect ratio change that I might want to implement.

I'll still be developing for WP :) It's just that to update to the newest API....ah it's going to be a nightmare, even though I wrote using MVVM (for you programmers out there).

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I plan to buy ProShot so I can shoot HDR. Can ProShot shoot HDR Panoramics, or would I need a Mirror Ball ? I assume ProShot shoots DNG format, obviously !

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I have to shoot DNG, HDR with the Nokia Camera App then merge in Ps, bummer I was hoping I could shoot the different exposures in ProShot as DNG, HDR !

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick question on settings - what are the best settings to use when shooting scenery shots which have a bright sky or any pictures that have strong back lighting?

I have noticed that I get a low of blown out skies even when turning the exposure comp down.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick question on settings - what are the best settings to use when shooting scenery shots which have a bright sky or any pictures that have strong back lighting?

I have noticed that I get a low of blown out skies even when turning the exposure comp down.

If you want a quick result out-of-camera, underexpose by 2/3 stop and set shadow recovery to +1 or +2

Ceejay1

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I'm having a problem with the UI. suddenly the camera button goes to the rightmost side. :)
And also, how can I best remove the green tint. I'm sorry for the noob question!

Thanks for the help! :Dwp_ss_20140919_0001[1].png

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I'm having a problem with the UI. suddenly the camera button goes to the rightmost side. :)
And also, how can I best remove the green tint. I'm sorry for the noob question!

Thanks for the help! :DView attachment 81430

I am sorry about that, it's a bug with rotation lock. I will have it fixed in the next update.

(btw, I am sorry for taking so long on this update, some other things have gotten in the way. Early October is looking more likely for v5.3, and I will try to have this bug patched late this month).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers