ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you think windows 10 will finally let users set your app as the default camera?

I wish. I've honestly tried everything I can; talked to engineers at //build, talked to MS developer evangelists, people in various positions all over the WP team, made a uservoice page, tweeted Joe Belfiore maybe more times than I should have, and still no word :/

But, the more popular ProShot gets, the better the needs of users will be heard. I won't give up hope!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Well well RiseUpGames looks like T-Mobile finally heard my plea as the update will be pushed out for the Z3 tonight. I guess I'll be all set for the Android ProShot app.😃 Guess we'll need to start a forum over in Android Central soon.uploadfromtaptalk1433341714206.jpg

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I know and I'm not sure if I should blame Sony or T-Mobile but I believe we will probably get the best build of Lollipop out of the others who are not on the network.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Well update all complete and this is what I get. The Lollipop update is really fast and smooth after a restart. Anyway I just came here to ask you to let me down easy: will I be able to use your app with my Z3? Sad moment.uploadfromtaptalk1433384134209.jpg

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I believe Sony will update a lot quicker this time and this is probably the update that will include the Camera2 API. This is great.
6a84a852cd940a6ece478025957d79d7.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Well update all complete and this is what I get. The Lollipop update is really fast and smooth after a restart. Anyway I just came here to ask you to let me down easy: will I be able to use your app with my Z3? Sad moment.View attachment 105782

Well I believe Sony will update a lot quicker this time and this is probably the update that will include the Camera2 API. This is great.
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/04/6a84a852cd940a6ece478025957d79d7.jpg

Sorry I missed your post! So, ProShot's feature support on Android is a bit complicated, because unlike Microsoft / Apple, manufacturer support for APIs are treated as suggestions rather than rules, which has made this app particularly difficult to make (by comparison WP/iOS was a cake walk).

At a minimum, ProShot on Android should support

1) Flash
2) Exposure
3) White balance
4) Zoom

But even at the lowest support level, there's so much more to the app; it will have timelapse [still], timelapse [video], regular video, exposure bracketing, a really awesome camera roll, and a few other things I haven't revealed. ProShot will still be PACKED with options and modes. So that's the good news :)

The bad news is that many Android manufacturers don't comply with the Android spec, so random things might not work 100% (for example, on a Moto G 2014, video on the back camera is stretched, while the FFC works just fine). Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about those things, but I believe there is a good chance they'll be fixed with Android 5.1.

Hey I'm trying to get the word out early for you. 😀View attachment 106895

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Thank you!! It's really, really close to being done. I'm starting the beta tomorrow, send me your email and I'll add you: beta [at] riseupgames.com

If anyone else wants in on the Android beta, please email me at that address with your device name and OS version :)

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I am dumbfounded by how Android does things. It's like optional stuff they don't have to include which doesn't make since to me. Like I really expected everything to be included when choosing the Xperia Z3 until I found out the OEMs could choose to include certain things or not. But I think the 5.1 update will include it as many users have expressed their enthusiasm for the Camera2 APIs. I can't wait. I'm down with the beta.👍

Last edited:

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
By the way I visited your website and came across this picture before the introduction page. What device was this shot on?uploadfromtaptalk1435164404198.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
By the way I visited your website and came across this picture before the introduction page. What device was this shot on?

The tank: Lumia 920 :)

I went to Taiwan in 2013 with v3.0 of ProShot (aah memories...). It was a good trip that put the app through its paces. Here are some random grabs from that album, all Lumia 920, no PP:

taiwan 1.jpg
Taipei's humidity caused the lens to fog up a lot, but the photos are decent enough for web sharing.
This was the over-exposed frame of a 3-shot HDR

taiwan 2.jpg
Jiufen, Taiwan

taiwan 3.jpg
Missed focus, but with a bit of PP foreground sharpness could be recovered.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the latest ProShot doesn't save location data running the dev preview of Windows 10 mobile. Used to, the app would start up the first time & then ask if saving location was OK (usually after taking the first pic), now it doesn't. The app also isn't listed in the list of apps in the privacy>location main settings, even though other downloaded 3rd party apps are.

I know its a beta OS and all that, but just thought I'd pass along the info.

P.S. I tried uninstalling & installing again. Same thing.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the latest ProShot doesn't save location data running the dev preview of Windows 10 mobile. Used to, the app would start up the first time & then ask if saving location was OK (usually after taking the first pic), now it doesn't. The app also isn't listed in the list of apps in the privacy>location main settings, even though other downloaded 3rd party apps are.

I know its a beta OS and all that, but just thought I'd pass along the info.

P.S. I tried uninstalling & installing again. Same thing.

Thank you for the info! It might be because those other apps were updated for WP8.1 (which is when Microsoft transitioned to the Univeral App model that W10 also uses). This shouldn't be an issue when ProShot is released for W10 :)

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the info! It might be because those other apps were updated for WP8.1 (which is when Microsoft transitioned to the Univeral App model that W10 also uses). This shouldn't be an issue when ProShot is released for W10 :)

Thanks! Yeah, not having PS in Win 10 is killing me dude! :) Along with not saving location info, I noticed its now way slower in startup & saving.

I hope the new version comes soon. I hate the built in new Windows Camera app. And they gimped Lumia Camera too.

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
hi!
ive installed the proshot camera app when it was free via myapp deals then uninstalled it and now, im trying to reinstall it again on my 620 but i couldnt...whenever im close to downloading and initializing installation the process suddenly stops and i have to tap again over and over again to retry and download again, theres no prompting message whatsoever, it just stops/cancel my downloading

ive tried to change regions (from philippines to US to UK) as well as change the location as to where to install the app (via phone or SD) but still no luck
anyone knows whats wrong?

Firipu

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
The app crashes on my Lumia 1520 running the latest windows 10 build (10166). I tried to open the HDR effect. The app crashed, and now it crashes everytime I open it. Basically I had to uninstall and reinstall it to get it to work again. :(

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
hi!
ive installed the proshot camera app when it was free via myapp deals then uninstalled it and now, im trying to reinstall it again on my 620 but i couldnt...whenever im close to downloading and initializing installation the process suddenly stops and i have to tap again over and over again to retry and download again, theres no prompting message whatsoever, it just stops/cancel my downloading

ive tried to change regions (from philippines to US to UK) as well as change the location as to where to install the app (via phone or SD) but still no luck
anyone knows whats wrong?

It seems likely this is an issue with Microsoft's store, I've seen it happen before. It'll likely fix itself in a few hours :)

The app crashes on my Lumia 1520 running the latest windows 10 build (10166). I tried to open the HDR effect. The app crashed, and now it crashes everytime I open it. Basically I had to uninstall and reinstall it to get it to work again. :(

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues. Unfortunately I can't provide support for W10 builds since it's still a beta OS. But not to worry, ProShot will get a massive W10 update when the OS is more finalized :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre