ProShot camera app.

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
hi!
ive installed the proshot camera app when it was free via myapp deals then uninstalled it and now, im trying to reinstall it again on my 620 but i couldnt...whenever im close to downloading and initializing installation the process suddenly stops and i have to tap again over and over again to retry and download again, theres no prompting message whatsoever, it just stops/cancel my downloading

ive tried to change regions (from philippines to US to UK) as well as change the location as to where to install the app (via phone or SD) but still no luck
anyone knows whats wrong?

there has been a problem with the store for a while now
with many apps that can not be re installed
it is a microsoft error maybe with the new W10 store
it will be fixed

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone noticed that proshot cam app crashed when using hdr mode....and also randomly crashed
Specially on 512 Mb ram and sometime on 1gb ram Lumia. I use it on my Lumia 625 and 1320

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
the problem exists for a couple of months now
on 8.1
the error most get is 80004005
you will not be able to re install if you get above
error maybe they will fix when W10 app store is fully online
try to google translate this
http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/...80004005/1a2b262b-ce9d-4bda-86e3-1c0c8bc535d3

im not getting any error codes
my installation suddenly stops just when my downloading-installing bar is almost complete and then tap again to retry and retry

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread. I'm have ProShot and I'm ready to uninstall it. I love that I have all the flexibility that I have on a DSLR, but pictures I take with the default don't come out as good as pictures that I take with the default photo app. They're extremely dark when compared to the default camera app. Is there something I can do to make ProShot work better in "auto" mode? As an example here's a pair of photos that I took. The bright one is the default camera app, the dark one is proshot. Is there a way to fix this?

Attachments

• WP_20150722_001.jpg
    WP_20150722_001.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 2015_07_22_08_24_36_ProShot.jpg
    2015_07_22_08_24_36_ProShot.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 12

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread. I'm have ProShot and I'm ready to uninstall it. I love that I have all the flexibility that I have on a DSLR, but pictures I take with the default don't come out as good as pictures that I take with the default photo app. They're extremely dark when compared to the default camera app. Is there something I can do to make ProShot work better in "auto" mode? As an example here's a pair of photos that I took. The bright one is the default camera app, the dark one is proshot. Is there a way to fix this?

1) Which phone do you have and are you running Windows 10?
2) Is the exposure compensation dial (the [-3 0 +3] dial at the bottom of the screen) set to 0?
3) Are you using any filters?

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
1) Which phone do you have and are you running Windows 10? Blu Win HD LTE running 8.1
2) Is the exposure compensation dial (the [-3 0 +3] dial at the bottom of the screen) set to 0? It was set at -2 - that was the problem? Is there a way to easily fix my pictures? Seems like an odd UI decision to put that right where you'd easily hit it unknowingly while taking a regular picture.
3) Are you using any filters? Not that I know of.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
1) Which phone do you have and are you running Windows 10? Blu Win HD LTE running 8.1
2) Is the exposure compensation dial (the [-3 0 +3] dial at the bottom of the screen) set to 0? It was set at -2 - that was the problem? Is there a way to easily fix my pictures? Seems like an odd UI decision to put that right where you'd easily hit it unknowingly while taking a regular picture.
3) Are you using any filters? Not that I know of.

Glad the problem is resolved! ProShot was designed to be used with one hand, with accessibility, speed, and minimal UI as its core principals. This is the first time I've heard of someone having an issue with the placement of the exposure comp dial, but it's noted.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Glad the problem is resolved! ProShot was designed to be used with one hand, with accessibility, speed, and minimal UI as its core principals. This is the first time I've heard of someone having an issue with the placement of the exposure comp dial, but it's noted.

youre very active in addressing our queries
thank you so much for taking time
keep up the good work and more power!!

Ineke Keur

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I got lumia 625
also noticed on picture in the show tutorial and then field guide
?t shows there on picture on the bottom left a few little icons about contrast saturation and shadow recovery I once had those in settings but they not there anymore but those little icons on the field tutorial picture are not on my main screen either of the camera screen
and after few pictures like 2 or 3 it just close and go to windows Phone screen so more then 2 or 3 normal pictures I can not make then it just crash to windows screen and need to restart the Phone or I can not open the app it just start loading and as soon that you see the camera screen it close so must restart Phone to make it work again for next few pictures
and my lumia 625 has atleast that is what it say in info of Phone the version of lumia denim software
but when I bought the proshot app I had older version think I had already 3 maybe 4 updates of window software on Phone and on all software it does the same it never really worked like click and go it is just if Lucky 3 clicks then it just shut down even had few times that my Phone just restarted on its own after proshot closed to the windows screen it also closed down the whole Phone and restarted it
and if I see what pictures people make in here with proshot I stil on every update hope it finally works as it shouls be and I can go try out and make my own pictures but for now it is not fun to work with it if have to restart after each 2 or 3 pictures

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I got lumia 625
also noticed on picture in the show tutorial and then field guide
?t shows there on picture on the bottom left a few little icons about contrast saturation and shadow recovery I once had those in settings but they not there anymore but those little icons on the field tutorial picture are not on my main screen either of the camera screen
and after few pictures like 2 or 3 it just close and go to windows Phone screen so more then 2 or 3 normal pictures I can not make then it just crash to windows screen and need to restart the Phone or I can not open the app it just start loading and as soon that you see the camera screen it close so must restart Phone to make it work again for next few pictures
and my lumia 625 has atleast that is what it say in info of Phone the version of lumia denim software
but when I bought the proshot app I had older version think I had already 3 maybe 4 updates of window software on Phone and on all software it does the same it never really worked like click and go it is just if Lucky 3 clicks then it just shut down even had few times that my Phone just restarted on its own after proshot closed to the windows screen it also closed down the whole Phone and restarted it
and if I see what pictures people make in here with proshot I stil on every update hope it finally works as it shouls be and I can go try out and make my own pictures but for now it is not fun to work with it if have to restart after each 2 or 3 pictures

Please accept my apologies for the issues you are having. I am aware that certain Lumia devices don't work well with ProShot, Microsoft made some strange hardware choices that affected the app. At this point I have suspended development on the current version of ProShot while I work on rewriting the app for Windows 10 Mobile. I wish I had better news to report, but I believe it will be worth the wait :)

Ineke Keur

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
guess I need to wait then not sure if lumia 625 get windows 10 update to seems I got the Phone bit longer then a year thought was one of newest models but when updates come out then it is Always one of the last to get the update and on this site I do not even see a forum about 625 I see 620 and 630 but no 625 maybe I got funny model
but thanks for reply

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
guess I need to wait then not sure if lumia 625 get windows 10 update to seems I got the Phone bit longer then a year thought was one of newest models but when updates come out then it is Always one of the last to get the update and on this site I do not even see a forum about 625 I see 620 and 630 but no 625 maybe I got funny model
but thanks for reply

Microsoft says that every Windows Phone will get W10, so no worries :)

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Here's the promised more "controlled" comparison of the level of detail capture by the Lumia Camera, Microsoft Camera and ProShot (at level 1 sharpness). Shots were taken at ISO-100 on a tripod, all the rest at auto. Target was a "No Crossing" Sign around 30 meters away. Criterion for comparison: legibility of the "MMDA" sign on the lower right of the road sign. Zooming was done using the "Zoom" app, and the uploaded images are screenshots of the zoomed-in image (original photos are too large).

Here's the 5-MP version of the image in the view finder, to give the reader an idea on how small the target is (it's the lower right corner on the pink road sign).
View attachment 104653

Lumia Camera:
View attachment 104649

Microsoft Camera:
View attachment 104650

ProShot without live zoom:
View attachment 104651

ProShot at 10x live digital zoom:
View attachment 104652

Verdict:
Interestingly, the Lumia Camera seemed to perform the worst in terms of detail recovery. Lumia Camera had a hint of smudging, indicative of a slight movement in the lens assembly even if the camera (or phone) was perfectly still - it's unclear though how this would have happened since the sun was shining brightly and the shutter speed for these photos are at 1/290 sec.

ProShot without live digital zoom could have produced the sharpest image, but at level 1 sharpness the noise was starting to get in the way of detail (level 0 sharpness is simply as not sharp as Lumia Camera and would put ProShot behind Lumia Camera). There were also smudge-like artifacts in the detail. ProShot with 10x live-digital zoom performed slightly better with less noise and less of the smudge-like artifact.

The clear winner in the comparison, as with my previous less-"controlled" comparison, is Microsoft Camera. None of the smudge-artifact, better brightness than the Lumia Camera, less grain than ProShot and the individual letters "MMDA" could individually be recognized.

As an added bonus, I also compared the differences in the lags of these camera apps. Focus was pre-fixed (half-press), and then the shutter was pressed at the moment the tip of the car goes behind or appeared to "touch" the stem of the plant (as shown in the photo, the cars are all behind the same plant). Factoring in my average reaction time of 190-210 milliseconds, I managed to consistently press the shutter such that the last image I see in the screen of my phone is the car's nose "touching" the stem of the plant. Hence, any lags between that point would be shown by how much the nose of the car has passed beyond the stem of the plant. All of the cars were travelling at around 50 kph.

Lumia Camera:
View attachment 104654

Microsoft Camera:
View attachment 104655

ProShot:
View attachment 104656

All of the three apps had the same lag time in their unzoomed and zoomed configuration, i.e. the lag for Microsoft camera without zoom is the same with the lag of Microsoft camera with live digital zoom, etc.

Again, the clear winner is Microsoft Camera with the nose of the car far from the end of the white lane marker.

The difference in lag between ProShot and Lumia Camera is very small, but by a fraction of a fraction of a second ProShot takes second place from Lumia Camera, placing Lumia Camera at the third and last position.

Conclusion:
In terms of detail recovery and shutter lag, Microsoft Camera with maximum live digital zoom clearly wins, with ProShot in second place and Lumia Camera in third place. One must note, however, that without live digital zoom, Microsoft Camera won't be able to recovery as much detail simply by the fact that Microsoft Camera takes low resolution photos.

Are you really using screenshots to make a photography comparison?

The ProShot developer just explaing two posts above yours what could happen with Viewfinder... Screenshots are for games, not photography....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)