ProShot camera app.

hyui

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
is proshot able to save the gps information in the picture meta data? i cannot find any information regarding this. thanks in advance for the replies!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey RiseUpGames, I was part of the Beta Testers prosram for Android which I no longer am since my phone never became compatible. I see some exciting new features you have for the full app. When can we expect some more news for the Windows 10 Mobile app or will we be getting a beta app for those on the Insider Program?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
is proshot able to save the gps information in the picture meta data? i cannot find any information regarding this. thanks in advance for the replies!

Yep, it's all there, unless you disable location in Setting -> photos+camera

Hey RiseUpGames, I was part of the Beta Testers prosram for Android which I no longer am since my phone never became compatible. I see some exciting new features you have for the full app. When can we expect some more news for the Windows 10 Mobile app or will we be getting a beta app for those on the Insider Program?

The story with ProShot for W10 really, really long. It's coming this year, but I'm sorry I don't have anymore information to share at this time. I feel awful that the update has been promised for so long now, but some things are just out of my control. At lot of this year has been waiting for Microsoft to get the OS and APIs ready. Once again, it's coming this year. And I'm really excited for it.

P.S. I added Android 5.0 support today, and a new mode. You should check it out :)

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep, it's all there, unless you disable location in Setting -> photos+camera

The story with ProShot for W10 really, really long. It's coming this year, but I'm sorry I don't have anymore information to share at this time. I feel awful that the update has been promised for so long now, but some things are just out of my control. At lot of this year has been waiting for Microsoft to get the OS and APIs ready. Once again, it's coming this year. And I'm really excited for it.

P.S. I added Android 5.0 support today, and a new mode. You should check it out :)
Well ok I guess I'll just wait then. And I'll check out the new 5.0 support for my Xperia Z3. I wish you could share more information as far as the W10M app but I understand if you can't right now.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Before I get my hopes up I have an Xperia Z3 running on Android 5.0.2. Can you tell me how to get the app and what limitations (I understand the complexity of the different phones and OEMs) I can expect before decoding to try it out or not?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Before I get my hopes up I have an Xperia Z3 running on Android 5.0.2. Can you tell me how to get the app and what limitations (I understand the complexity of the different phones and OEMs) I can expect before decoding to try it out or not?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riseupgames.proshot2
It's on sale now for $0.99. If you don't like it I'd have no problem giving a refund.

Manual ISO and shutter control won't be available on your Z3 (Sony never added Camera2 API support for this), but I did recently add a Light Painting mode that is compatible with all phones, which does allow some control of shutter, in a sense. It's pretty fun :)

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Saw the camera comparison between L1020 & Iphone 6s, Proshot apps was used on L1020 to compare with Iphone 6s.
Not sure any of you guys had read it before, anyway, link as follow:

Camera head to head: Lumia 1020 vs Apple iPhone 6s

Thank you for sharing! I did everything I could to speed up ProShot on the Lumia 1020, but the CPU is just too slow to process those 41MP. It would have been the perfect cameraphone if only it were faster :/ The new pipeline in the W10 Camera API should speed things up at least a little. I'm doing my best but I wouldn't expect miracles. The CPU is the real bottleneck.

Side note: I'm surprised to see just how aggressive Apple's JPEG sharpening is. They did a good job controlling sharpening artifacts in image noise, but the sharpening halos are pretty serious.

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm doing my best to have it ready by the end of the year. It's a massive undertaking and there's a lot of pressure to get it right. I want to have a code base that can flex and evolve in the years to come :)

Proshot is one hell of a app. Great work. If my knowledge serves me right its the only app that might be contender to take on Lumia camera and defeat it. Full of features. Thumbs up. And do take your time.

rites1994

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
When I tried to click same picture first with Default Camera and then using Pro Shot... Pro picture was having hell.lot of brightness but default camera result was better. Both cameras I used with AUTO SETTINGS. By options and features I love pro shot but this AUTO problem... Is there any solution for it?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
When I tried to click same picture first with Default Camera and then using Pro Shot... Pro picture was having hell.lot of brightness but default camera result was better. Both cameras I used with AUTO SETTINGS. By options and features I love pro shot but this AUTO problem... Is there any solution for it?

Check the exposure compensation dial (bottom center of the screen), is it set to 0?

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm doing my best to have it ready by the end of the year. It's a massive undertaking and there's a lot of pressure to get it right. I want to have a code base that can flex and evolve in the years to come :)
Hey man can you add manual controls for temperature and tint. Thank you.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey man can you add manual controls for temperature and tint. Thank you.

I don't know how broadly compatible the APIs will be (varies from device to device), but I do know that a manual temperature API is there. Tint, however, is not supported at this time.

Edit: there is a way to adjust tint, but as a post process. The only way to do it live would be the way ProShot does it now (route the camera stream through the GPU), but that made the code really hard to maintain, and I'm not sure I want to take that route yet, at least not with the first release of the new app.

Last edited:

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how broadly compatible the APIs will be (varies from device to device), but I do know that a manual temperature API is there. Tint, however, is not supported at this time.

Edit: there is a way to adjust tint, but as a post process. The only way to do it live would be the way ProShot does it now (route the camera stream through the GPU), but that made the code really hard to maintain, and I'm not sure I want to take that route yet, at least not with the first release of the new app.

Thanks man, much appreciated. Although these features will be awesome, but please do take your time. :)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Do the new APIs allow us to set a custom compression level of the JPG? :smile:

The answer right now is a bit complicated, still need to dig more into the API to see how certain things work. Rest assured I will do everything I can to get the maximum image quality out of the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianKlux