ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Guys,
Just bought this app.
Still cannot use Manual mode on Lumia 640XL.
Please help.

Thanks.

Please accept my apologies. On certain devices, apps using the older WP8.0 camera API (like ProShot) seem to be unable to access manual controls. Microsoft likely removed support for it. This will be addressed with the W10 update!

P.S.: Someone posted a fake ProShot beta app onto the Windows Store, and Microsoft inexplicably approved it. Beware.

Last edited:

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how broadly compatible the APIs will be (varies from device to device), but I do know that a manual temperature API is there. Tint, however, is not supported at this time.

Edit: there is a way to adjust tint, but as a post process. The only way to do it live would be the way ProShot does it now (route the camera stream through the GPU), but that made the code really hard to maintain, and I'm not sure I want to take that route yet, at least not with the first release of the new app.

Hey man can you highlight the difference between the api of Lumia camera and that of android. Also the hurdles in both which block more features to be added(for latest api's)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey man can you highlight the difference between the api of Lumia camera and that of android. Also the hurdles in both which block more features to be added(for latest api's)

I will be able to answer this in more detail in a few weeks as I dive deeper into it (and will throw in a bonus iOS comparison). Windows API has a few tricks up its sleeve, and combined with the Lumia Imaging SDK, makes for a very powerful set of tools.

r2SN

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I will be able to answer this in more detail in a few weeks as I dive deeper into it (and will throw in a bonus iOS comparison). Windows API has a few tricks up its sleeve, and combined with the Lumia Imaging SDK, makes for a very powerful set of tools.

Thank you. Looking forward to it. :)

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

hi there...the new lumia 950/XL have max shutter speed 4 seconds.Is it possible to extend that to 30 sec?

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
At this moment, Lumia 950 and LG G4.
Ah, I thought I saw some of your pics in a pictures forum from the Android side. I have the LG V10 currently and it is by far the most capable phone I've used camera wise. Even better than the Lumia 1020 mainly due to the camera software and abilities. Pure 30 second exposure is so much fun. Also love preview of shutter speed and ISO changes before you take the shot. These are things I'm looking to see come to Windows Phone photography which used to be king of manual controls.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I need to get the ProShot app for Android. I haven't touched it since trying it on the limited Xperia Z3 and LG has me spoiled already. Especially with shots like these with no edits whatsoever but I think it's time to add ProShot for Android to my list too.(had an issue uploading the full res pics but you get the idea)
c8de8e5ce12bc9f113c370c773f946a0.jpg
e96a7ac58acf1ebb979e8e9cb7325907.jpg
1c29ea4e50c8326249fa047a1006a753.jpg
b9bfd617f6325e1850722f26d48a53d8.jpg
b263d0d27c389fc6c46d3f2a25359845.jpg
d04b9b6ab5e2d8c5676ed33719215612.jpg

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
hi there...the new lumia 950/XL have max shutter speed 4 seconds.Is it possible to extend that to 30 sec?

Unfortunately the hardware doesn't allow it :( I'm hoping to bring Light Painting mode (from Android ProShot) to Windows Phone to make up for it.

I need to get the ProShot app for Android. I haven't touched it since trying it on the limited Xperia Z3 and LG has me spoiled already. Especially with shots like these with no edits whatsoever but I think it's time to add ProShot for Android to my list too

The V10 has such an amazing camera. Unfortunately LG locked third party apps out of 30s shutter speed, but it may be possible to get around that. My investigation into that has not gone well so far, but I still believe it's possible.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the hardware doesn't allow it :( I'm hoping to bring Light Painting mode (from Android ProShot) to Windows Phone to make up for it.

The V10 has such an amazing camera. Unfortunately LG locked third party apps out of 30s shutter speed, but it may be possible to get around that. My investigation into that has not gone well so far, but I still believe it's possible.
How long would LG allow through a third party app? 8 seconds is plenty.

Axel Becher

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
That's so great to hear. One important question: Do you think it is possible the camera-button in W10 can be routed to open ProShot as the default app in the future ? There is an option in the settings but the list to chose just consists of the Win Camera App. For me this is a crucial point, I just received my lumia 950 but I'm so unhappy with the results windows camera produces (oversharpened & oversaturated) and have to decide of giving the device back and continue with my 808. Thank you!

Axel Becher

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
And the most important question: do you think its possible to adjust default values for sharpening & saturation/colorization in ProShot unter W10M ?
As already stated, I really hate what Windows camera produces with the Lumia 950 but the RAW output is beautyful albeit a little exaggerated reds.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That's so great to hear. One important question: Do you think it is possible the camera-button in W10 can be routed to open ProShot as the default app in the future ? There is an option in the settings but the list to chose just consists of the Win Camera App. For me this is a crucial point, I just received my lumia 950 but I'm so unhappy with the results windows camera produces (oversharpened & oversaturated) and have to decide of giving the device back and continue with my 808. Thank you!

I'm in talks with Microsoft about it, and it's not looking good.

And the most important question: do you think its possible to adjust default values for sharpening & saturation/colorization in ProShot unter W10M ?
As already stated, I really hate what Windows camera produces with the Lumia 950 but the RAW output is beautyful albeit a little exaggerated reds.

I'm actually going to take a step back from answering W10 API questions for the time being until I learn more. I don't want to spread any misinformation.

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site

I agree.JPEG processing on Lumia 950 is really bad. Especially on auto and rich Capture.
The results are even worse when you shoot indoors with medium or low light.
Very high contrast, dark shadows and the colors is a mess.

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi there. I just played with ProShot these days and it seems I am unable to modify Shutter Speed at all on the Lumia 950. Also I see that Iso and shutter speed on auto are the same between WIndows Camera and ProShot. Is this a limitation?

I'm specially interested in being unable to modify shutter speed.

SiriuS_r3d

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

Proshot is an awesome app.. great work..!! I have been facing some new issues after recent update.

I am using in Lumia 830, after taking a HDR photo, the app crashes and the photo also doesn't get saved sometimes.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. I just played with ProShot these days and it seems I am unable to modify Shutter Speed at all on the Lumia 950. Also I see that Iso and shutter speed on auto are the same between WIndows Camera and ProShot. Is this a limitation?

I'm specially interested in being unable to modify shutter speed.

Microsoft is slowly dropping support for the older API that was used to make ProShot, and this is an unfortunate consequence. There is not much that can be done right now until I finish updating the app for Windows 10.

Hi RiseUpGames,

Proshot is an awesome app.. great work..!! I have been facing some new issues after recent update.

I am using in Lumia 830, after taking a HDR photo, the app crashes and the photo also doesn't get saved sometimes.

Hmm, I know that if HDR in ProShot crashes, it's because the app has run out of memory. Try lowering the resolution and see if that helps. The next version of ProShot will have much better memory management thanks to new APIs in Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb