ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So when will be available ? the win10 version

I'm sorry, I don't have an ETA at this time. I was really hoping to have it done before the end of the year, but it's going to be too difficult with the holidays. The past few winters I spent too much time working on ProShot and not enough time with my family, so this holiday I'm unplugging for a while.

I know there's a lot of word going around about devs jumping ship on Windows, but I want to assure everyone that I'm still on board.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a series of question about ProShot, in the meantime, will a future version support RAW ?

Windows Mobile is a powerful platform, it's too bad it continues to only have 3% market share.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a series of question about ProShot, in the meantime, will a future version support RAW ?

Windows Mobile is a powerful platform, it's too bad it continues to only have 3% market share.

Sadly Microsoft is not letting third party apps shoot RAW at this time (there is no public API for it)

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow what happened? You could always manually set the shutter speed in years past in the manual mode. Should be coming soon I guess.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
there will be manual shutter speed in version 6.0?

Yes

Is it pissible to set it as main camera?

I made some new connections at Microsoft and am pushing really hard for it. Their answer: no third party apps.

Is anyone else having a problem with ProShot not saving geolcation under Windows 10586.36? And yes, I do have Location enabled under privacy...

I wish I could offer help on this, but Windows 10 is plagued with bugs. Microsoft said they would still support Windows 8.0 APIs (used to make ProShot), but there are just too many issues right now.

Wow what happened? You could always manually set the shutter speed in years past in the manual mode. Should be coming soon I guess.

On some newer phones Microsoft dropped support for the APIs used to build ProShot. Manual controls will return when I update the app to Win 10

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Some questions for the ProShot Developer;
  1. Does or will ProShot have a spot metering system to find which exposures you'll need ?
  2. Does it or will future version of ProShot have a light meter to determine the exposure range ?
  3. There is a histogram in ProShot at present, has it been enhanced in any way from previous versions ?
  4. What is the maximum exposures ProShot can take ?
  5. Does ProShot have AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) feature ?
  6. Is there an option for Normal and Sorted bracketing order ?
  7. Is there any features found in the iPhone App [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/photobuddy/id290785551?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]PhotoBuddy[/URL] coming to or already available in ProShot ?

Robin Pack

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I installed ProShot on my Lumia 950. I tried using the HDR mode but the processing seems to take forever. I've searched the post and some have mentioned that their camera app crashes using HDR. Anyone have an issue using HDR on the Lumia 950? Normally how long does it take to process an HDR image?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
First: I find myself frequently answering the same questions (here, other forums, email, twitter, fb, smoke signal, etc.), so I'm hoping this will be a good post to link people to.

Windows 10 and some newer hardware may cause issues with ProShot (but it will get better)

Reasons
1) Windows 10 is still buggy
2) Microsoft promised to support Windows Phone 8.0 APIs in Windows 10, but either it is not optimized, or the OS is not optimized, or both
3) Some newer Lumia hardware (640, 950) don't fully support the APIs used to build ProShot

What I'm doing about it
Rewriting the entire app for Windows 10. All of it. Everything. It's a lot of work, so please be patient. If you're curious to find out what it's gonna look like, please see this video for the iOS version (just wrapped up development on it, currently awaiting Apple's approval):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXi_-NwzyzM

I still have a long way to go, and a lot of hardware to test it on, but I'm gonna do this, and I'm gonna do it right. Since there is so much interest I might set up a blog. Actually yeah, that sounds like a fun idea :cool:

So what's so special about version 6.0?
i can not guess...

The entire app is being rewritten for Windows 10 using the latest APIs. Basically I have to start from the beginning again :/

Some questions for the ProShot Developer;
  1. Does or will ProShot have a spot metering system to find which exposures you'll need ?
  2. Does it or will future version of ProShot have a light meter to determine the exposure range ?
  3. There is a histogram in ProShot at present, has it been enhanced in any way from previous versions ?
  4. What is the maximum exposures ProShot can take ?
  5. Does ProShot have AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) feature ?
  6. Is there an option for Normal and Sorted bracketing order ?
  7. Is there any features found in the iPhone App I installed ProShot on my Lumia 950. I tried using the HDR mode but the processing seems to take forever. I've searched the post and some have mentioned that their camera app crashes using HDR. Anyone have an issue using HDR on the Lumia 950? Normally how long does it take to process an HDR image?

1. It's hard for me to tell since I don't have a 950 yet. Are you shooting at high resolutions? Microsoft promised that Windows 10 would fully support Windows Phone's 8.0 APIs (which were used to build ProShot), but it seems like support or compatibility is either slowly being dropped, or it's another bug in Windows 10. I've noticed that the app runs a lot slower on W10 than 8.1.

Last edited:

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
ProShot is my preferred photo app on my Lumia 925. I am pleased to hear you are doing this because whatever windows phone replaces my 925 I would like to continue to use ProShot.

Robin Pack

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
In regards to the ProShot HDR issue I had on my Lumia 950, taking forever to process, it works if file size is set to 8 mp or lower. 16:9 aspect ratio is fine too. I very much like ProShot...very DLSR like. I look forward to any upgrades in the future. Thanks!

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the explanation! Only sorted is available right now. I write down every feature request I get though, and prioritize them based on popularity.

Normal Sorting is better for file management.

Would you say ProShot can tackle what dedicated DSLR can do; or it's only good for starters or casual HDR developing ?

I was looking forward to purchasing ProShot soon; from the looks of it there will be better improvements in the ProShot update so I'll wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte