ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
In regards to the ProShot HDR issue I had on my Lumia 950, taking forever to process, it works if file size is set to 8 mp or lower. 16:9 aspect ratio is fine too. I very much like ProShot...very DLSR like. I look forward to any upgrades in the future. Thanks!

Ah that makes sense. Windows Phone 8.0 didn't have great photo manipulation APIs (Lumia SDK changed that, but it still wasn't ideal), so it's really easy for ProShot to run out of memory in HDR mode. Windows 10 greatly improves this.

Normal Sorting is better for file management.

Would you say ProShot can tackle what dedicated DSLR can do; or it's only good for starters or casual HDR developing ?

I was looking forward to purchasing ProShot soon; from the looks of it there will be better improvements in the ProShot update so I'll wait.

That's been the goal from the start. There are still limiting factors when it comes to depth of field, image noise, and even image quality (if you're comparing to a full-frame DSLR), but that's a hardware thing, and with organic lenses and sensors coming within the next year or two, mobile will finally close that hardware gap. And this is where ProShot comes in.

What I want ProShot to be is the ideal interface between person and the hardware, something that is great for beginners and familiar to experts, all while offering a wide variety of ways to capture any given moment. It is something that will always be there, no matter which phone you buy, no matter which OS you choose. It will replace the DSLR for you when the time is right, and it will be your trusty companion until that time comes.

Haha, boy I really started getting melodramatic there. But in all honesty this sentiment only scratches the surface of what I feel, and where I want to take this app. The current version may or may not suit your needs. But I know the Windows 10 version is really going to knock it out of the park.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
organic lenses and sensors

Organic lenses and sensors; with this technology there will be no difference between a higher end DSLR & a Smart Phone ?

I look forward to the Windows10 ProShot; do you have a time frame of it's release ?

misterpunn

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to avoid problems whenever ProShot needs an update? I appreciate that there are frequent updates, but whenever there is a new update, the download hangs and then fails, and my app is unusable until a week later or whenever the download finally succeeds. I have a Lumia 1020, if that helps.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I just started using ProShot. Is it just me or it cannot record videos? And is there a way in manual mode that shutter speed will be adjusted automatically when setting ISO?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Organic lenses and sensors; with this technology there will be no difference between a higher end DSLR & a Smart Phone ?

I look forward to the Windows10 ProShot; do you have a time frame of it's release ?

Organic lenses (in theory) will allow manufacturers to make smaller lenses. That tech could find its way into mobile. No ETA yet, it's a lot of work.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to avoid problems whenever ProShot needs an update? I appreciate that there are frequent updates, but whenever there is a new update, the download hangs and then fails, and my app is unusable until a week later or whenever the download finally succeeds. I have a Lumia 1020, if that helps.

Try uninstalling, restarting your phone, then reinstall. Sometimes the store just stops working.

I just started using ProShot. Is it just me or it cannot record videos? And is there a way in manual mode that shutter speed will be adjusted automatically when setting ISO?

It cannot right now, Microsoft didn't even add an API to record video until 8.1 last year. Same for deleting photos. I had planned to update ProShot back then, but then Windows 10 was announced with again an entirely new set of APIs. I decided to wait until things settled, which now they finally are.

If you want to just set ISO and have shutter selected automatically, use Program mode.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I got this app as part of the MyApFree deal and I have to say I still don't like it very much. Settings seem harder to mess around with than Windows Camera, the UI as a whole is a little too cluttered. Pictures seemed very close to what Windows Camera does, I wouldn't say they were much better. But most importantly the loading time makes me not want to use it. It takes way too long to open. Once that's fixed, I might try to get to know the features a little better.

Sent from mTalk

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got this app as part of the MyApFree deal and I have to say I still don't like it very much. Settings seem harder to mess around with than Windows Camera, the UI as a whole is a little too cluttered. Pictures seemed very close to what Windows Camera does, I wouldn't say they were much better. But most importantly the loading time makes me not want to use it. It takes way too long to open. Once that's fixed, I might try to get to know the features a little better.

Sent from mTalk

This is first time I am reading that someone is not impressed with Proshot. Ofcourse it has its problems but it knocks the official camera app out of park.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

Really appreciate your patience and engagement with the community :grin:

Just want you to know that your ProShot app is once again my go to app for taking photos on my Nokia Lumia 1520 :cool:
Especially now that MS has decommissioned Lumia Camera Classic :unhappy:

Looking forward to your Windows 10 app

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

Really appreciate your patience and engagement with the community :grin:

Just want you to know that your ProShot app is once again my go to app for taking photos on my Nokia Lumia 1520 :cool:
Especially now that MS has decommissioned Lumia Camera Classic :unhappy:

Looking forward to your Windows 10 app

Doing my best to be open and transparent about everything, and to really make the W10 version kick *** :)

The only one thing that is not so good with ProShot is a white balance in low light or indoors and macro.

Unfortunately the white balance is beyond my control - there is a long-standing issue with Lumia devices that images come out very yellow in light light. That is due to the image processing that happens before ProShot receives the it from the camera hardware. I'm hoping W10 will improve this.

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Doing my best to be open and transparent about everything, and to really make the W10 version kick *** :)

Unfortunately the white balance is beyond my control - there is a long-standing issue with Lumia devices that images come out very yellow in light light. That is due to the image processing that happens before ProShot receives the it from the camera hardware. I'm hoping W10 will improve this.

so in version 6...what kind of algorithms will you use for noise reduction? your own or Microsoft based?

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I really really like ProShot! If only I could access it even faster. I hope someday Microsoft will show some good attitude and let us set ProShot as default camera for the camera button!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
so in version 6...what kind of algorithms will you use for noise reduction? your own or Microsoft based?

It would just be whatever is baked into the hardware. There doesn't seem to be any external control for it.

Hello,

Any news on releasing W10m 6.0 version? Is the plan to release till the end of the 2015 still valid or no ETA?

Because of how uncertain the fate of WP 8.0, 8.1, and 10 were this past year, I unintentionally made promises I couldn't keep. So I'm going to hold off on giving out any other ETAs. ProShot will be a complete rewrite of nearly 3 years of work on a brand new platform (that...let's be honest, is still in beta). I myself have too many questions and not enough answers at the moment, so this is going to be a much longer process than I had initially hoped.

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I havent read searched for the issue in back pages, but i believe being very slow to open and issue with deleting pictures in WM10 is known. I use L830.

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Sent from mTalk
The app certainly takes too long to open, but this applies to windows 10 mobile only, in 8.1 is very fast.
I cant argue about the UI, its personal preference IMO, but for me its fine because you have everything on the top and its fine for most people once they get used to it.
In some scenes the difference with windows camera is negligible but in most cases the diference is noticeable. I also like the HDR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss