ProShot camera app.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Is there a difference between photos taken with proshot and windows camera on L950, especially in low light?

Yes, though I do not have 950. It is a well known fact that the Windows Camera applies post processing on the image.

While ProShot presents the image unaltered from the sensor

Breever

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes, though I do not have 950. It is a well known fact that the Windows Camera applies post processing on the image.

Not true, you can use whatever camera app you want and it allways will be post-processed with noise reduction and slight color shift.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Sadly not true. ProShot uses something like snap from the sensor, but there's post processing too.

For now the only way to have good pictures on Lumia Series is DNG format. Proshot is better than Lumia Camera in very aspects, but DNG still the only to have good results.

Hope ProShot on Windows 10 Mobile save our Lumia photography experience again.

For now Lumia 920 take better photos than Lumia 930 (JPEG comparisons of course).

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
While there's no denying that some post processing is applied and part of that is due to the compression procedure.
ProShot stays "purer" to the original image than Windows Camera.

Here are samples from my Lumia 1520, ProShot on top and Lumia Camera 5 at the bottom.
Both shots were taken manually in a dark room (1 florescent lamp)

ProShot
24342928155_180864d89a_z_d.jpg

Lumia Camera 5
24342931795_8ca33aa673_z_d.jpg

Breever

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Compare lumia camera classic (not 5) with ProShot, because LC5 uses different algorithms than all other camera apps (as far as I know, I may be wrong).

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, any news about new version for Windows 10 Mobile?
Thanks!!!

Sent from mTalk

It pains me to have to keep giving this answer, but no news right now. Just released a huge iOS update today (that I've been working on since June) so I have to focus on that for a bit. I know it all sounds like I've abandoned the project, but I haven't. There's just a lot of stuff happening and it's affecting my update speeds for all platforms.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
It pains me to have to keep giving this answer, but no news right now. Just released a huge iOS update today (that I've been working on since June) so I have to focus on that for a bit. I know it all sounds like I've abandoned the project, but I haven't. There's just a lot of stuff happening and it's affecting my update speeds for all platforms.

Do you need somebody to help you update the Windows Phone app?

Mark Seychell

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey RiseUpGames, love your app and really looking forward to the update. I just have one request, if it is possible of course! Following the removal of the bracketing feature from the Windows Camera app, do you think it would be possible to increase the number of shots possible on Pro Shot's bracketing feature from 3 to 5 while retaining the exposure range? Would be great if this is possible, even if it is just for bracketing only then we can merge later with Photomatix or similar!

What do you think? :)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey RiseUpGames, love your app and really looking forward to the update. I just have one request, if it is possible of course! Following the removal of the bracketing feature from the Windows Camera app, do you think it would be possible to increase the number of shots possible on Pro Shot's bracketing feature from 3 to 5 while retaining the exposure range? Would be great if this is possible, even if it is just for bracketing only then we can merge later with Photomatix or similar!

What do you think? :)

Adding a 5-frame option should be possible, just need to figure out a better way to show the options in the UI. Feature requests are prioritized based on popularity, doing my best to get around to all of them.

Mark Seychell

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks! I am sure it would be widely appreciated given the removal of bracketing and ProShot could be fillling that gap.

Now a question more than a request: When we select 5MP size over the full 16/19MP (L930) is the result also oversampled as how it is done with Lumia/Windows Camera?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks! I am sure it would be widely appreciated given the removal of bracketing and ProShot could be fillling that gap.

Now a question more than a request: When we select 5MP size over the full 16/19MP (L930) is the result also oversampled as how it is done with Lumia/Windows Camera?

Yep, oversampled using Nokia's Imaging SDK. Any resolution lower than 5MP is not oversampled, however.

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Adding a 5-frame option should be possible, just need to figure out a better way to show the options in the UI. Feature requests are prioritized based on popularity, doing my best to get around to all of them.

I would very much love to have a 5 frame bracketing feature in ProShot as well. Shame Microsoft removed it. Another feature request I have would bee for a way to lock in a zoom level once set. I have found that I accidentally will trigger automatic zoom by touching an area of the frame, and will have to reset my manual zoom.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi, RiseUPGames,

Someone's got a query about your app (but it's in a different thread). Figured that only you can answer this with certainty. Have a look at it here when you've got the time.

Thank you so much for letting me know. I usually spend time each day scouring the internet for unanswered questions about ProShot, but I've been ridiculously behind on work ^_^ Thanks again!!

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames:

ProShot installed and seems to be working properly on my Lumia 640 running W10 build .107. What will the W10 update bring? One thing I have noticed, and I am not sure if it is just a one-off problem, but for some reason photos taken with ProShot upload much more slowly than ones taken with the native Camera app. This morning I took two shots with ProShot then one with Camera of the same scene and when I went to OneDrive the third shot taken with Camera was there almost instantly but it was several minutes before the ProShot versions arrived.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames:

ProShot installed and seems to be working properly on my Lumia 640 running W10 build .107. What will the W10 update bring? One thing I have noticed, and I am not sure if it is just a one-off problem, but for some reason photos taken with ProShot upload much more slowly than ones taken with the native Camera app. This morning I took two shots with ProShot then one with Camera of the same scene and when I went to OneDrive the third shot taken with Camera was there almost instantly but it was several minutes before the ProShot versions arrived.

The W10 update is a complete rewrite using the newest APIs for W10, so everything will be new, and it'll be way more polished. For the OneDrive issue, that's something out of my control and up to the OS to take care of :/

If I could take a wild guess, it would be something involving the bug in the older File API ProShot uses to write to memory. That API has been vastly upgraded in W10 (we can finally move delete files!).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb