ProShot camera app.

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I know this might sound repetetive, but any news with the Windows 10 app? Going on a vacation in May, and would love to know if ProShot will be available by then.

Thanks

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I know this might sound repetetive, but any news with the Windows 10 app? Going on a vacation in May, and would love to know if ProShot will be available by then.

Thanks

It's ok :) I'm waiting for Build (Microsoft's big dev conference at the end of the month) to see what happens. I was burned with the big changes to 8.1, started working on that then 10 was announced with another new set of APIs, so I want to be sure that no additional platform / API changes are announced at Build before resuming development.

I feel awful that I keep having to say it's delayed, but it's really been about waiting for Microsoft to get the tools ready. I'm scheduled to wrap up major development on the Android and iOS versions by the end of this month, so the timing is perfect. April I will be full-time on Windows 10!

motomanual

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
Now that's clear that older devices Lumia x20 (still having good camera) will be exluded from the update to WP10, are You going to discontinue the development of WP8.1 version or we can hope in future updates.
Thanks.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Now that's clear that older devices Lumia x20 (still having good camera) will be exluded from the update to WP10, are You going to discontinue the development of WP8.1 version or we can hope in future updates.
Thanks.

That's a very tough decision. Going to wait til Bulid to see what Microsoft's plan is.

DJ Loco

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yep, oversampled using Nokia's Imaging SDK. Any resolution lower than 5MP is not oversampled, however.
Is that the a default behavior from Nokia's SDK or is it a setting in ProShot? What a shame.. I can understand if it's below 1MP, but a 3MP resolution should really be able to take advantage of oversampling too.

Last edited:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is that the a default behavior from Nokia's SDK or is it a setting in ProShot? What a shame.. I can understand if it's below 1MP, but a 3MP resolution should really be able to take advantage of oversampling too.

It takes a lot of processing power (and time) to oversample a 41MP photo, so for performance reasons I figured the lowest users would realistically want the feature is 5MP. There isn't much of a benefit to oversampling a 41MP photo down to 3MP, and since the 3MP option isn't oversampled, it's useful (and fast enough) for timelapse.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed that ProShot no longer launches on Redstone build 14295 on my Lumia 640. I don't know if I checked on the previous Redstone release, but it was working beautifully for me on .164 a few weeks ago. Not sure what happened with the new W10M releases that are causing some apps to crash at launch, but I've got about 5 that are not working for me at the moment. So this may not be the fault of ProShot, and likely something going on with Redstone. So if you love ProShot as much as I do, you may want to avoid the Redstone builds for a little while.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that ProShot no longer launches on Redstone build 14295 on my Lumia 640. I don't know if I checked on the previous Redstone release, but it was working beautifully for me on .164 a few weeks ago. Not sure what happened with the new W10M releases that are causing some apps to crash at launch, but I've got about 5 that are not working for me at the moment. So this may not be the fault of ProShot, and likely something going on with Redstone. So if you love ProShot as much as I do, you may want to avoid the Redstone builds for a little while.

Thank you for the report. I think Microsoft is gradually phasing out support for older APIs like the WP8.0 Camera API used to build ProShot. It's too bad because I spent almost two years of my life hacking that API to bring features that no other camera app has. An update for W10 is in the works though!

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Great! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next. ProShot has been one of my favorite puchased apps, and I'm really considering rolling back to .164 so I can use it again.

MNagisa

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Proshot is working well on my L1020 with Win10 mobile 10586.164 build, so far so good.

ProShot is working well on my Lumia 925 with W10M 10586.164 (insider preview) , but...

on my Lumia 950XL with W10M 10586.164 has some issue:
1.Can't Select Manual Mode
2.Cause Microsoft Photo's repeat show picture that already deleted

otherwise, Proshot is good ...

Last edited:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
ProShot is working well on my Lumia 925 with W10M 10586.164 (insider preview) , but...

on my Lumia 950XL with W10M 10586.164 has some issue:
1.Can't Select Manual Mode
2.Cause Microsoft Photo's repeat show picture that already deleted

otherwise, Proshot is good ...

Thank you for letting me know!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there any limit to the number of photos taken during timelapse? I want to do some serious timelapses and I want to go to 1200 shots and if that works then to as high as 3600 shots

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there any limit to the number of photos taken during timelapse? I want to do some serious timelapses and I want to go to 1200 shots and if that works then to as high as 3600 shots

No limit, but just make sure you have enough space on your phone and keep it cool. Here is more info about timelapse on WP, with recommendations on the fastest interval setting your device can handle: Timelapse ? ProShot

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
No limit, but just make sure you have enough space on your phone and keep it cool. Here is more info about timelapse on WP, with recommendations on the fastest interval setting your device can handle: Timelapse ? ProShot

I have a lumia 1020 so storage space is good. I've noticed something where when I wish to take photos every 5 seconds with each photo being 4seconds exposure, I can't take every 5 seconds but more like every 10 seconds. Is it because of the way the 1020 is?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a lumia 1020 so storage space is good. I've noticed something where when I wish to take photos every 5 seconds with each photo being 4seconds exposure, I can't take every 5 seconds but more like every 10 seconds. Is it because of the way the 1020 is?

Yeah, the hardware needs 2x the shutter speed to "recover" from a shot. There seemed to be no way around that I'm afraid!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I know I've been quiet on ProShot for quite a while, but now that Build 2016 has passed I'm working on it full-time. No ETA, but it's progressing nicely! Much more polished UI and UX, running very smoothly. I'm happy so far, and am confident you will like the finished product!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb