ProShot camera app.

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Will ProShot have better image post processing than the default camera app? The Windows Camera app is terrible for long exposure night shots where there's very little light. Many of my shots come out highly pixelated, and there's a purpleish hue around the edges on my shots with the Lumia 950.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Looking forward to the update. The version I have just won't load at all under the latest Redstone builds. I know it's not an issue with just ProShot, because any other third party app I have that uses the camera won't load either. So until then, I'm stuck using the default Camera app from Microsoft.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, this looks good! I'm hoping the advanced features of the Windows Phone 8 app are still there?

Real-time filters and highlight clipping won't be in v1.0, and for the time being the camera roll will send you to the photos app, like the default camera (it reduced app complexity immensely). It's gonna take a few updates and more time with the new API to see just what it can do. Want to nail the core experience of the app first!

Will ProShot have better image post processing than the default camera app? The Windows Camera app is terrible for long exposure night shots where there's very little light. Many of my shots come out highly pixelated, and there's a purpleish hue around the edges on my shots with the Lumia 950.

Really trying to see what can be squeezed out of these devices. There are a few promising functions, but they don't work on my Lumia 640. I'll be getting a 950 to see if it's the hardware's fault or an API bug.

Looking forward to the update. The version I have just won't load at all under the latest Redstone builds. I know it's not an issue with just ProShot, because any other third party app I have that uses the camera won't load either. So until then, I'm stuck using the default Camera app from Microsoft.

I heard a lot of talk from Microsoft about Windows 10 Mobile being 100% backwards compatible with WP8.0 apps, but it looks like they back-tracked on that. I'm ok with it because we need to move the platform forward, but it did create a lot of confusion and frustration in the community :/

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

Can you describe how you are going to stabilize the app from crashing?
I don't know if it's just me but the built in Windows Camera for Windows 10 crashes occasionally.
Does it have something to do with the OS? Or is MS just not optimizing their camera app well enough?

Your thoughts?

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

I don't know if it's just me but the built in Windows Camera for Windows 10 crashes occasionally.
Does it have something to do with the OS? Or is MS just not optimizing their camera app well enough?

Your thoughts?
Works OK on my L830 so far

Axel Becher

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
This looks very promising.
Will it be possible to adjust the ugly oversharpening the Camera-App of the Lumia 950 produces and to fix the extreme yellow color-cast in sunlight-shots maybe ? For me this was reason enough to return the 950 but with a decent camera-app the 950 may be back as a alternative to my aging 808 as I think the hardware in general is not that bad with this device.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

Your thoughts?

I haven't had one crash yet with the beta :)

Any chance of release by the weekend? :smile:

App is mostly complete, but still has a bit to go. There's also a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff going on that I have to take care of before launch, so I don't have a firm date yet.

Any chance on getting RAW support

Looks like third party apps can't do it yet.

This looks very promising.
Will it be possible to adjust the ugly oversharpening the Camera-App of the Lumia 950 produces and to fix the extreme yellow color-cast in sunlight-shots maybe ? For me this was reason enough to return the 950 but with a decent camera-app the 950 may be back as a alternative to my aging 808 as I think the hardware in general is not that bad with this device.

Trying to find ways to control JPEG output. There's an API that might sort-of help, but it's not working at the moment. Still investigating!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames,

Has Microsoft allowed 3rd party apps to be set as the default camera to be launch-able using the hardware/software launch button yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster