ProShot camera app.

effoc

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Hei RiseUpGames,
I have a technical question: If I choose lower pic resolution, p.e. 10MP in 4:3 for a Lumia 930, is the resulting picture an oversampled one or does that setting just use a part of the sensor? And will the new universal app support ISO64 and lossless zoom for Pureview devices? Is there even an API for thirdparty developers? Ok, these are some more questions :)
Btw, thank you very much for your work, I like your app a lot!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hei RiseUpGames,
I have a technical question: If I choose lower pic resolution, p.e. 10MP in 4:3 for a Lumia 930, is the resulting picture an oversampled one or does that setting just use a part of the sensor? And will the new universal app support ISO64 and lossless zoom for Pureview devices? Is there even an API for thirdparty developers? Ok, these are some more questions :)
Btw, thank you very much for your work, I like your app a lot!

Yep! The 10MP option is oversampled from the original 20MP image. The ISOs supported will vary from device to device. I don't have a 930 to test, but the Lumia 640 does ISO 64-3200. Zoom is handled a bit differently in the W10 version - but just know that the full resolution of the image sensor is being used :)

On that note the first release of ProShot for W10 won't have an option to change the resolution, it will always be set to max. That feature will be added in a future update.

For the app itself, I'm *still* waiting on some things I can't control. I will be uploading a full video overview on Monday June 27, and am hoping the paperwork will be done by then. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but the app could drop next week :smile:

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
For the longest time (first Redstone release or so) ProShot hasn't been able to run on my phone (640LTE). Any time I'd try to launch it, I'd just get a black screen for about 4 or 5 seconds then go back to the start screen. On a whim, I uninstalled the app, reboot my phone and installed it again. And what do ya know, it works again! Still looking forward to the Win10 update for the app, but in the meantime, I can at least use the previous release again.

(Oh, and this seems to have worked for a few other apps that I thought had stopped working under Redstone.)

<Happy Dance>

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I understand the ProShot software won't alter the picture coming from the sensor.

You have a real opportunity here because the Windows 10 camera app ever since the denim update crushes blacks and artificially sharpens the picture.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I understand the ProShot software won't alter the picture coming from the sensor.

You have a real opportunity here because the Windows 10 camera app ever since the denim update crushes blacks and artificially sharpens the picture.

It won't alter the picture. I haven't run any side-by-side tests with the stock camera though, so I'm not sure if the JPEG processing is just how their engine is tuned. I'm making every effort I can to get the maximum quality out of the image sensor.

Lousy app. Still need to click save after firing a shot. App also very laggy.

I'm sorry you're having issues. Is this on Windows 10? Microsoft changed the way the camera hardware talks to apps in 10, which made the old version of ProShot a bit unstable. I'm unfortunately unable to patch that, which is why I rebuilt ProShot exclusively for Windows 10 :)

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It won't alter the picture. I haven't run any side-by-side tests with the stock camera though, so I'm not sure if the JPEG processing is just how their engine is tuned. I'm making every effort I can to get the maximum quality out of the image sensor.

I'm sorry you're having issues. Is this on Windows 10? Microsoft changed the way the camera hardware talks to apps in 10, which made the old version of ProShot a bit unstable. I'm unfortunately unable to patch that, which is why I rebuilt ProShot exclusively for Windows 10 :)
Yes on w10m. Thanks for that. Will reinstall when your new app is ready.

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

Glad to hear this. Windows Camera has been a terrible app to use for low light night sky photography. My images have been highly distorted thanks to the automatic post processing that's applied to the JPEG images.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb