ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Yep, the back-end is there to support it, I just didn't have everything wired up in the UI in time for the video :)

you can change theme colors to system theme?

Probably not with the first release. I'm doing a lot of custom UI stuff and in order to make the code easier to read / update, some items have to have their color specified when I build the app. In a future release I'll be looking into workarounds.

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I had to change some legal stuff on my end, have to get it finalized before launching on W10. I'm expecting it to be ready mid-June. Bureaucracy is so slow haha

The API supports focus stacking, it's just not really requested that much :/ I have to focus on the most-requested features first, but hope to expand as the W10 app matures.

Would love to see a focus stacking feature. :)

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Is there any chance that Proshot update will be able to save HDR images, also has the API allowed to save DNG with different exposures for HDR for those wanting to start off with HDR instead of running out and buying a DSLR ? I also asked the author a while ago a few questions regarding the future of Proshot, I'm hoping some of those requests will be possible in the coming version of ProShot ?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is there any chance that Proshot update will be able to save HDR images, also has the API allowed to save DNG with different exposures for HDR for those wanting to start off with HDR instead of running out and buying a DSLR ? I also asked the author a while ago a few questions regarding the future of Proshot, I'm hoping some of those requests will be possible in the coming version of ProShot ?

HDR: working on it for W10
DNG: Microsoft is not allowing third party apps to shoot DNG. It's possible to get uncompressed .BMP data now, but I suspect its just a JPEG stream decompressed as a BMP. Still investigating. Going this route makes shot to shot time really slow tho.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
HDR: working on it for W10
DNG: Microsoft is not allowing third party apps to shoot DNG. It's possible to get uncompressed .BMP data now, but I suspect its just a JPEG stream decompressed as a BMP. Still investigating. Going this route makes shot to shot time really slow tho.

Is the app going to compile the images to HDR or allow both, whereas there is control over the exposure saving to multiple JPEGs ?

A few months ago I asked you a series of question, are any of those going to be fulfilled in the Windows10 version ?

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Waiting for ProShot to be released this week like

1116.gif

Last edited:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Is the app going to compile the images to HDR or allow both, whereas there is control over the exposure saving to multiple JPEGs ?

A few months ago I asked you a series of question, are any of those going to be fulfilled in the Windows10 version ?

It'll be one file. I'm sorry, what were your questions? I'd be glad to answer them.

Waiting for ProShot to be released this week like

http://replygif.net/i/1116.gif

I feel terrible. Everything was all set to launch by the end of this week, but some mix ups happened with my paperwork and I don't have an ETA anymore :( I incorporated Rise Up Games (like two months ago) and have been waiting on all of the moving pieces: Paperwork -> Dissolve old LLC -> More paperwork -> Incorporate -> Even more paperwork -> Wait -> Get EIN -> Register with MS as new developer -> Wait for IRS to update their database so MS can verify me -> Transfer stuff from old MS account -> Upload new ProShot -> Publish

Some of these steps require weeks of waiting and / or hand-written letters sent by mail. It's the slowest most screwy process in the world and somewhere along this wild chain of events things went wrong.

On the plus side I'm adding one (or two!) more new features for launch. So back to work I go.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Some of these steps require weeks of waiting and / or hand-written letters sent by mail. It's the slowest most screwy process in the world and somewhere along this wild chain of events things went wrong.

I find it incredibly bizarre any paperwork gets sent via mail nowadays. Especially legal paperwork.. there's a 'trail' if it gets lost online/delivered to the wrong address, but if a mail sorting machine eats it or is physically stolen, as far as the post office is concerned - it never existed.

That sucks, I am interested in seeing how Windows 10 would handle Proshot!

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I feel terrible. Everything was all set to launch by the end of this week, but some mix ups happened with my paperwork and I don't have an ETA anymore :( I incorporated Rise Up Games (like two months ago) and have been waiting on all of the moving pieces: Paperwork -> Dissolve old LLC -> More paperwork -> Incorporate -> Even more paperwork -> Wait -> Get EIN -> Register with MS as new developer -> Wait for IRS to update their database so MS can verify me -> Transfer stuff from old MS account -> Upload new ProShot -> Publish

On the plus side I'm adding one (or two!) more new features for launch. So back to work I go.

83683-Doctor-Who-raining-gif-David-T-K8Pf.gif

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I find it incredibly bizarre any paperwork gets sent via mail nowadays. Especially legal paperwork.. there's a 'trail' if it gets lost online/delivered to the wrong address, but if a mail sorting machine eats it or is physically stolen, as far as the post office is concerned - it never existed.

That sucks, I am interested in seeing how Windows 10 would handle Proshot!

I was dumbstruck when I heard it. Direct words from an IRS representative.

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting on a few things to clear, but it did give me a chance to optimize a lot of stuff.

And add this:

View attachment 128716

Plus a few other things that weren't in the video I posted :cool:

This looks great. Honestly and truely great. Your app has been one of the greatest on any platform I've used, and really makes the Lumia cameras shine. I really can't wait to get out there any try the light painting feature. I think this will be great for trying for some startrail photography with the Lumia 950!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This looks great. Honestly and truely great. Your app has been one of the greatest on any platform I've used, and really makes the Lumia cameras shine. I really can't wait to get out there any try the light painting feature. I think this will be great for trying for some startrail photography with the Lumia 950!

The Light Painting mode is still in its early stages, much like how it is on iOS and Android, so it won't be too useful for star trails just yet. But that feature is sooo high on my todo list. For now the timelapse (intervalometer) mode will be your best bet, then stack the images on your computer.

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Can the light painting mode be used for any type of simulated long exposure? For instance, making a waterfall look smooth in the middle of the day.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Can the light painting mode be used for any type of simulated long exposure? For instance, making a waterfall look smooth in the middle of the day.

Yep, it can be used for that. You'll have to keep the camera reallllllly steady though. There are many different algorithms I can use for the image processing, the one implemented in this first release was just the easiest. I'll be experimenting with and adding more techniques in the future!

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Yep, it can be used for that. You'll have to keep the camera reallllllly steady though. There are many different algorithms I can use for the image processing, the one implemented in this first release was just the easiest. I'll be experimenting with and adding more techniques in the future!
Awesome. Hoping that was the case. I use a tripod for anything long exposure. On the PC, I've found averaging the photos together makes for a nice long exposure. Not sure if that works well for light trails though, but it does smooth out water pretty good.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte