ProShot camera app.

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Yep, it can be used for that. You'll have to keep the camera reallllllly steady though. There are many different algorithms I can use for the image processing, the one implemented in this first release was just the easiest. I'll be experimenting with and adding more techniques in the future!

Oh sweet, really? It won't let in too much light, and bleed out the image?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. Hoping that was the case. I use a tripod for anything long exposure. On the PC, I've found averaging the photos together makes for a nice long exposure. Not sure if that works well for light trails though, but it does smooth out water pretty good.
Oh sweet, really? It won't let in too much light, and bleed out the image?

Actually I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too much, you'd likely get better results setting the shutter speed to 1/4s and shooting through one or two pairs of sunglasses (free ND filters, basically :smile:).

Light Painting in ProShot is still really early tech, and the resolution is low. It definitely has applications, but for shooting waterfalls you're still going to see some breaks in movement. I don't live near a waterfall so I put a YouTube video of a waterfall on my laptop monitor and used Light Painting on that haha. This will give you an idea of what to expect. As time goes on I will be improving the algorithm and adding more features.

ProShot_20160724_133654 (2).jpeg

For everyone wondering about ETA, I still don't know, but I'm working hard on it and I will post when I have more info.

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Looks like the light painting feature among others may be broken on Anniversary Update builds. Looks like it's due to a bug in the OS. RiseUpGames has said the bug is fixed internally, but this has not been pushed out to users.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep, so sorry for the delay everyone, this W10 journey has been one wild ride after another :grincry:

FAQ
Q: Date, price and requirements?
A: ProShot for Windows 10 is launching Monday August 15, 2016. It will be 50% off for the first 24h at $1.99. After that the normal price will be $3.99. It requires Windows 10 build 10586 or higher and will run on phone, tablet, laptop, PC, everything.
Edit: due to some bug in the Store I wasn't able to publish ProShot on the 15th. Its frustrating and out of my control and I don't have any real answers from Microsoft yet.

Q: Why do I have to pay again if I already have ProShot?
A: I understand that money is a concern for a lot of people. Here is what happened behind the scenes:

1) I had to change my developer account to a new one because reasons. Due to an obscure rule in the MS Store, I couldn't transfer ProShot from the old account to the new one. That made an upgrade path impossible.

2) Rather than take old code and shove it into Windows 10, I decided to start fresh. I also had to start fresh because communicating to the camera hardware in Windows 10 is completely different from Windows Phone. There's also a million other things that had to be done differently to bring the app to W10. Remeber that ProShot is more than just an app, it's a camera operating system.

Once I decided on this path, I was able to fully commit to it and actually make something truly new and ground breaking. It took a very long time to make, and it brings a ton of improvements and new features not seen on any version of ProShot on any platform.

Q: What's new?
A: Tons of stuff.
  • Can now shoot video, with full manual controls, and adjust frame rate, bit rate, resolution, and see mic levels in real-time
  • Can now shoot RAW (saved as a TIFF file)
  • New, cleaner UI. Polished UX
  • Redesigned image processing pipeline
  • Faster startup
  • Leverages the full power of the Windows 10 platform, and can run on ANY Windows 10 device. Forever.

Q: What didn't make it to ProShot for Windows 10?
A: Real time filters and highlight clipping. I spent months engineering a GPU pipeline on the old ProShot to get those to work at 60fps even on a $50 phone. On W10 something similar is kind-of possible, but it consumes a lot of power and only runs well on a 950.

Q: What happens to ProShot for Windows Phone?
A: It will remain on the store for those who cannot update to Windows 10, and it will be called ProShot Classic. ProShot Classic won't be receiving any new features, but it will receive critical updates.

Q: What comes next?
A: Just like I kept ProShot for Windows Phone updated for years, I plan on doing the same for W10. I am always listening to feedback, and have a huge list of things I want to add. I've built a really solid, future-proof framework on Windows 10, and I can't wait to see where the future takes us!

Last edited:

dhanushcnd

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Yep, so sorry for the delay everyone, this W10 journey has been one wild ride after another :grincry:

FAQ
A: ProShot for Windows 10 is launching Monday August 15, 2016. It will be 50% off for the first 24h at $1.99. After that the normal price will be $3.99. It requires Windows 10 build 10586 or higher and will run on phone, tablet, laptop, PC, everything.

A: I understand that money is a concern for a lot of people. Here is what happened behind the scenes:

1) I had to change my developer account to a new one because reasons. Due to an obscure rule in the MS Store, I couldn't transfer ProShot from the old account to the new one. That made an upgrade path impossible.

2) Rather than take old code and shove it into Windows 10, I decided to start fresh. I also had to start fresh because communicating to the camera hardware in Windows 10 is completely different from Windows Phone. There's also a million other things that had to be done differently to bring the app to W10. Remeber that ProShot is more than just an app, it's a camera operating system.

Once I decided on this path, I was able to fully commit to it and actually make something truly new and ground breaking. It took a very long time to make, and it brings a ton of improvements and new features not seen on any version of ProShot on any platform.

• Can now shoot video, with full manual controls, and adjust frame rate, bit rate, resolution, and see mic levels in real-time
  • Faster startup
  • Leverages the full power of the Windows 10 platform, and can run on ANY Windows 10 device. Forever.

A: Real time filters and highlight clipping. I spent months engineering a GPU pipeline on the old ProShot to get those to work at 60fps even on a $50 phone. On W10 something similar is kind-of possible, but it consumes a lot of power and only runs well on a 950.

A: It will remain on the store for those who cannot update to Windows 10, and it will be called ProShot Classic. ProShot Classic won't be receiving any new features, but it will receive critical updates.

A: Just like I kept ProShot for Windows Phone updated for years, I plan on doing the same for W10. I am always listening to feedback, and have a huge list of things I want to add. I've built a really solid, future-proof framework on Windows 10, and I can't wait to see where the future takes us!

Cool.. Can't wait to try new app. You did a nice job. Cheers!!

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

FAQ

• Faster startup

Thanks for your awesome work! Do you know if your app will work on a Lumia 1020 with 14393.67?

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Announcement: I'm having issues publishing ProShot to the store, Microsoft says its something on their end and will be getting back to me in about an hour. I did everything in my power to ensure this launch goes smoothly, but sometimes things happen that are outside of your control. Thank you all for your patience thus far, it shouldn't be too much longer!

Thanks for your awesome work! Do you know if your app will work on a Lumia 1020 with 14393.67?

It likely will, but if I recall correctly the 1020 isn't on the list of "approved" devices for the recent builds so there may be issues. I tested briefly on a 1020 with 10240 and I think the max 16:9 could go was 5MP. 4:3 was the only option if you wanted full resolution (38MP).

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Announcement: I'm having issues publishing ProShot to the store, Microsoft says its something on their end and will be getting back to me in about an hour. I did everything in my power to ensure this launch goes smoothly, but sometimes things happen that are outside of your control. Thank you all for your patience thus far, it shouldn't be too much longer!

It likely will, but if I recall correctly the 1020 isn't on the list of "approved" devices for the recent builds so there may be issues. I tested briefly on a 1020 with 10240 and I think the max 16:9 could go was 5MP. 4:3 was the only option if you wanted full resolution (38MP).

I will try and report back. Thank you!

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

Good grief. You know, I'm about done with Windows Phone, and stuff like this are the reason why. What a freakin mess Windows 10 is. This is what you get for firing your best and brightest. :eck:

KKruglov

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
in moments like this i wanna punch someone who works in store division in the face, because i've been sitting here ready to throw some money in monitor for a week now.

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
in moments like this i wanna punch someone who works in store division in the face, because i've been sitting here ready to throw some money in monitor for a week now.

Don't worry. Microsoft has bots to help you pass the time! You like bots? Of course you do! That Lumia you have is lame. Who needs mobility, when you've got bots to chat with? Certainly not Microsoft!

/s

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro