ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello, the pictures are stored out of folders and do not up to onedrive.
Lumia 950

Hmm, it should be the same location as the camera roll. Microsoft gives developers a tool that basically says "Save this photo to the camera roll", which is what I use. If this is truly not working then I'll have to report it as a bug.

@RiseUpGames

Any chance living images will come to ProShot in the future? Its one of my favourite features.

I don't want to say never, but it's not a priority right now cause I haven't gotten too many requests for it.

Yes, I found the same about pictures saved outside Camera Roll folder and not updating to OneDrive.
This is a mess and not useful at all. Need to be fixed. :)

Looks like I'll have to report it as a bug to Microsoft. Thank you.

Hello, C-AF and manual WB are not working on 1020 14393.82. Also no iso 100 :(

Unfortunately the 1020 hardware does not support C-AF. As for the other issues there is sadly not much that I can do since the 1020 does not officially support the Anniversary Update :/

fff Fff

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately the 1020 hardware does not support C-AF. As for the other issues there is sadly not much that I can do since the 1020 does not officially support the Anniversary Update :/
I know this but can u do AF like in Proshot for 8.1? I waited Proshot so long and now can't use it properly. It's sad.

Dot Matrix

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
This app fixes several grievances I've had with the terrible Windows Camera app, including terrible post processing, and off coloring.

This app also proves how much of a mess Microsoft is in with Windows 10. But they won't care though.

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Great info on this app. Going to have to pick this one up and try it out. My wife is a photographer so I'm sure she would like to play around with it as well.

Sent from mTalk

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just read the news about the disappointment with the publishing process to the Windows Store.

@Riseupgames I can sympathize with your situation and I hope things get straightened out.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, it should be the same location as the camera roll. Microsoft gives developers a tool that basically says "Save this photo to the camera roll", which is what I use. If this is truly not working then I'll have to report it as a bug.

Pictures taken are not getting saved to Camera Roll & not getting uploaded to OneDrive in my phone too.I have to manually send them to Saved Pictures through File Explorer.

MNagisa

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
My 950XL has problem with "sensor(raw) output jpeg" setting, can not saving photo in manual mode, but ok in auto mode.
(Error code: 0x88982F50)

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey There!!

Just sharing some pics I took with the Windows 10 app of ProShot.
Fortunately for me I was able to get it on the first day with no issue and was able to take advantage of the $1.99 sale.

This was shot on a Lumia 735 with the Anniversary Update.

Some bugs I encountered and my feedback

- Pictures do not save in the "Camera Roll" but instead it saves in the "Pictures" folder. (Fine with me actually)
- When exiting the app from the task manager, the White Balance setting I set for the "C1" or "C2" preset always goes back to cool when relaunching the app. Prompting me to adjust the setting every time.
- There is no 100 ISO setting. 200 is the lowest.
- I think there should be a "back arrow" to collapse the manual setting. (was confused at first, but found that to collapse the manual settings, I'd have to tap on the viewfinder.) <--- Not sure if this makes any sense.
- Some area for improvement still needed with app smoothness/responsiveness.
- crashed on me once (This happened when switching to the front camera)
- Changing from AF to Manual Focus was confusing.

Love!!
- The Manual slider for the White Balance setting is epic!!
- The new focus reticule works like a charm, love how I can just drag the reticule around.

All in all a good start!! I look forward to future developments and I hope RiseUpGames will rise above this trial. God bless you.

I wish I can post better pictures but I haven't gone out yet.

29231749591_bfebaba492_d.jpg

29276540576_4695d5d9fd_d.jpg

effoc

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
New ProShot works fine on my 930. But some times, its caught in a focus loop. Even official MS cameraapp, which had serious focussing problems ist now better in this point. Looking forward to some test shoots RAW->jpeg vs. jpeg->jpeg :)

holohglr

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I really like the app. Good job, Eddie!

First thing - I bought the app, so it's not free for me. Just in case, if you thinks that I got it for free. And I own ProShot Classic (new name now) also.

What I do not like so far is:

- Slow. ProShot is simply slower than Windows Camera. I need to wait between 1 and 2 seconds between shots. Not good. Eddie needs to use RAM for buffering taken pictures, as Windows Camera did it.

- HDR. Picture have a lot of color noise. Only 1 file at the end. No way to play with HDR settings as Windows Camera. Tried to shot in all 2 modes -> HDR and Auto HDR. HDR is listed on screen option, so it should be On. Not liked results at the moment.

- RAW missing. No RAW at the moment. Tiff file saves Image processed pictures. And Tiff is not the same as RAW - we miss some info also. I already showed to Eddie example and he will take on this one. And Tiff for me is useless - it can't be shared the same way as JPG files. And Tiff files are much larger in size.

- Sometimes when I start ProShot - it's started at wrong Image proportion. Example, I set to shot at 16:9 and ProShot start sometimes at 4:3 or 1:1, and I need to manually switch back to 16:9.

- Wrong Picture saving folder destination. ProShot needs to save Pictures inside \Camera Roll\ProShot folder, for better organization and for OneDrive synchronization.

This is what I found so far.

My phone is 950XL, so you get the idea.
And my shooting settings are set to:
Sensor - RAW
Image format - Tiff
Quality - 100 (uncompressed file)

And I really want ProShot to go better and better.
Thanks for your job Eddie!

Last edited:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Pictures taken are not getting saved to Camera Roll & not getting uploaded to OneDrive in my phone too.I have to manually send them to Saved Pictures through File Explorer.

I'll have this fixed in the next update :)

My 950XL has problem with "sensor(raw) output jpeg" setting, can not saving photo in manual mode, but ok in auto mode.
(Error code: 0x88982F50)

Which OS version do you have? Can you take a screenshot of the error?

Hey There!!
- Pictures do not save in the "Camera Roll" but instead it saves in the "Pictures" folder. (Fine with me actually)
Fix is on the way!

- When exiting the app from the task manager, the White Balance setting I set for the "C1" or "C2" preset always goes back to cool when relaunching the app. Prompting me to adjust the setting every time.
Will look at this

- There is no 100 ISO setting. 200 is the lowest.
Not sure on this one -- could be a bug in the API (perhaps a missing definition for ISO 100). I'll look into it. Does the stock app do ISO 100?

- I think there should be a "back arrow" to collapse the manual setting. (was confused at first, but found that to collapse the manual settings, I'd have to tap on the viewfinder.) <--- Not sure if this makes any sense.
Yep, tapping on the viewfinder closes menus (or the system back button)

- Changing from AF to Manual Focus was confusing.
I agree this could be easier. It's convenient when you get used to it, but confusing at first

What I do not like so far is:

- Slow. ProShot is simply slower than Windows Camera. I need to wait between 1 and 2 seconds between shots. Not good. Eddie needs to use RAM for buffering taken pictures, as Windows Camera did it.
You don't need to wait for pictures to save to grab more, you can just keep shooting. The shutter lag is a bit slower than Windows Camera, but with the current API nothing can be done about that. To get the speed of Windows Camera Microsoft is probably using private APIs. I spent a loooong time on this one.

- HDR. Picture have a lot of color noise. Only 1 file at the end. No way to play with HDR settings as Windows Camera. Tried to shot in all 2 modes -> HDR and Auto HDR. HDR is listed on screen option, so it should be On. Not liked results at the moment.
That is something I can look into

- RAW missing. No RAW at the moment. Tiff file saves Image processed pictures. And Tiff is not the same as RAW - we miss some info also. I already showed to Eddie example and he will take on this one. And Tiff for me is useless - it can't be shared the same way as JPG files. And Tiff files are much larger in size.
Unfortunately RAW is a private API that Microsoft is not sharing at the moment. The best that can be done by a third party app is uncompressed TIFF.

- Sometimes when I start ProShot - it's started at wrong Image proportion. Example, I set to shot at 16:9 and ProShot start sometimes at 4:3 or 1:1, and I need to manually switch back to 16:9.
Looking into that

- Wrong Picture saving folder destination. ProShot needs to save Pictures inside \Camera Roll\ProShot folder, for better organization and for OneDrive synchronization.
Fixed in the next update

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Another feedback.

Can ProShot be made independent from the "Rotation Lock" setting?
I always keep my rotation lock on and I have gotten used to the Windows Camera being able to change from Landscape to portrait even with lock on.

hehe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss