Our sorry excuse for a Facebook app...

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
That design is fine but it doesn't exactly take in the windows phone feel of things.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
That design is fine but it doesn't exactly take in the windows phone feel of things.

I agree. If they actually combined some elements of this design with the current, plus all the shortcomings tweaked, that would be pretty awesome.

gcdc_lumia

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
i uninstalled the facebook app for wp last yr because it is HORRIBLE! facebook pro is so much better, and should this concept be realized, i will be one of those who'll DL this in a snap!

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Haha, somehow I'm pretty content with the people hub. Though that app looks rather great!
Sent from my RM-846_apac_hong_kong_220 using Board Express

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree, it's an awesome design. Microsoft really should have re-done the Facebook more than a year ago because it's simply bad. It's difficult to understand why nothing has been done.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I dont like it at all. The current UI is a mix of facebook and metro design. This one is nothing of those. The homescreen of the app looks more like an android app. Don't know what a charms bar like that has to do in WP. Dont mix too many UI elements into one. Just give the current app more functionality and it would be fine.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I dont like it at all. The current UI is a mix of facebook and metro design. This one is nothing of those. The homescreen of the app looks more like an android app. Don't know what a charms bar like that has to do in WP. Dont mix too many UI elements into one. Just give the current app more functionality and it would be fine.

I agree, there are too many elements and it takes away from the Metro UI mystique.

Lilleverden

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Who Cares if its in the metro ui spirit, as long as its works i dont care if it looks like this(i like it). We are too stuck that apps have to have the metro feel. Cool apps even if they are same as android or iOS I would not mind.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Official app or bust. Otherwise, it has the same problems as all other 3rd party apps with hidden game crap the news feed and user privacy settings making their posts invisible to 3rd party apps...

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
WOW. Hurry up and bring this app out Microsoft what are you doing? Shocking that no new features have been added to the app since May 2012. What are they actually doing?

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I use Facebook Pro and I like it but the touch seems so ****ing sluggish I don't know what's wrong with it, alot of apps are that way. It's like the bounce effect got a delay ms of 90000000, it's not quick like some apps.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Exactly

I don't find that app looking any better or following UI standards on Windows Phone. In fact that app looks more confusing than the MS one.

Just because its different, doesn't mean its better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster