Comic reader app

Christian Sosa

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
So I am new to my phone, all I know is that it's a windows phone and that is a Nokia Lumia 822 black.
I just found out that it runs Windows OS 8 software, for a moment I just assumed all windows phone were running 7.8 because that was the last I heard.
I just discovered that holding the Windows key will bring up speech.
Anyways I am looking for a good application to read comics, so far I have ComiX (free), but I hate it! It doesn't have the option to load local files, they have to be on skydrive, then I have to download which is painfully slow even on my wifi, (my speed is 35Mbps down and 3Mbps up).

Terrible! Why can't it just load or search for local files stored on SD card.

Any other tips would be nice, what should I be expecting, what are some things I should know about.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Lindy Comics is great, but I don't think it loads files from SD. Considering most Windows Phone devices don't have an SD slot, I think you'll be hard-pressed to find an app that does.

johnnydoe1

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
There is an app for that try "pdf reader"(not the microsoft one,there's another one) . It isnt obvious from the name but it supports cbz files so you can read ur comics easily. The best feature of all it can read files directly from sd card. Any pdf or cbz files on sd card will show up in the app for viewing . Try it.!

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It seems that both Comic Time and PDF Reader (not the one developed by Microsoft!) can read comics off the SD card. Try both and let us know what you think. Like the OP, I also prefer to keep my comics in the SD card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss