What's the best turn by turn GPS app navigator with voice?

9500ix24

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have both Nokia Drive and Navigon and I have to say that Navigon is more feature rich. Lane assistance, trip planner etc. I use Nokia Drive for quick trips like local POI etc, but when stuff get serious I use Navigon.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The pricing of Navigon is absolutely stupid. It offers nothing that makes it even remotely worth the money they charge for it.

Nokia Drive from the time I have spent with it seems at least on par with google navigation and miles better than on IOS. Navigon is decent, but not worth spending money on when there is such a good product available for free.

9500ix24

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Navigon since the release of Windows Phone 7.5 Mango. I paid $29.99 because it was the best GPS app available back then. And now that I have a Lumia 920, the latest version of Navigon is still better than Nokia Drive. It gives you 3 different routes to choose from instead of one, live line assistance is a killer feature. Trip planner is very useful for interstate trips. It offers true off-line maps as well and the local search is WAY better, accurate and efficient than the one from Nokia Drive. We all know that Nokia Drive is free, but if you want a full fledge GPS system on your phone get Navigon. Is still cheaper than a stand alone GPS unit.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Navigon is the BEST and worth every cent of the $50. It does go on sale from time to time. I've used GPS navigation software for many years and have researched and tried many of the softwares. I've used versions of Navigon since the Windows PocketPC days. (It was even better back then). Today Navigon voices not only the directions but the street names and lane guidance too. Lots of good features but Navigon doesn't run in the background so when you are using it, it pauses when you do anything else on your phone. I also have "Nokia Drive Beta +" and it isn't as feature rich (no voicing street names or lanes for instance) as Navigon, but is less money and does run in the background on our WP8 phones. I use Nokia Drive for short casual trips and Navigon for important trips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium