Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft owns the corporation yet no killer business apps? How about:
*VPN
*Active Directory access
*Server monitoring/management
*Basic network tools
*PC log reader

Friends with iPhone and Android have these things and our community is focused on Pandora and instagram!

tiny_hands

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
As long as we're dreaming up apps that don't exist but should, how about a voice assistant (Ziggy, Maluuba, whatever) that can do macro actions. Right now, none of the voice assistants are easier than just pressing the buttons because I have to keep doing stuff in the voice assistant application. I'd like to get in my car, press one button and say "I'm on my way to work" and have the app turn on bluetooth, turn off wifi, turn off the ringer, then open Inrix or Here Drive+ and have it show traffic/navigation to my office. I'd have a similar macro for driving home. When I get home, I just say "I'm home." and it turns off bluetooth, turns on wifi, turns up the ring volume, etc. I guess I could do all that with NFC tags, but why not voice?

How about a "face-down to silence" app?

Mark Bair

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Another here for At Bat 13. I have emailed and called MLB a number of times just to see if they are even working on an app for WP. They keep saying look at the website for phones it will work on.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
As long as we're dreaming up apps that don't exist but should, how about a voice assistant (Ziggy, Maluuba, whatever) that can do macro actions. Right now, none of the voice assistants are easier than just pressing the buttons because I have to keep doing stuff in the voice assistant application. I'd like to get in my car, press one button and say "I'm on my way to work" and have the app turn on bluetooth, turn off wifi, turn off the ringer, then open Inrix or Here Drive+ and have it show traffic/navigation to my office. I'd have a similar macro for driving home. When I get home, I just say "I'm home." and it turns off bluetooth, turns on wifi, turns up the ring volume, etc. I guess I could do all that with NFC tags, but why not voice?

How about a "face-down to silence" app?

At this moment with the current apis this is not possible for 3rd party developers. Neither face-down to silent calls or stuff neither having an app to close or open at his desire the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi or etc. In this regard wp is aligned with the iphone philosophy in that the apps should not attempt to modify system wide settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes