When is viber, tango or fring coming out for windows phone 8?

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have recomended many of my friends to buy windows phone 8 phones and the lack of viber/tango/fring is killing us, i know there is skype which works very well but we cant call android or tango friends when they are not logged in, and i tried wechat which needs to first send an messege before u can call... so we really need those apps so bad..

i know viber and tango and recently fring has promised to bring them on but when, I have bought nokia lumia 920 22.11.2012 and by then viber and tango promised to bring them soon and its been almost 3 months and nothing yet.. ( its just ubelievable how long it takes for them to update their wp7 apps to wp8)

there is kakaotalk and line but these are also without calling feature, i really hope even one of these apps gets updated to have calling feature.. i have emailed on their twitters , viber only answered like: We dont have an release date yet hang on..

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
There's no word on when those apps will get released. While I prefer to stick with Skype, my family likes Tango which is already available on WP7, iOS, and Android, so I'm surprised Tango hasn't released a WP8 version yet.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
All three have publicly posted support email addresses available within 2 clicks of their homepage.

I would post them here, but encourage others to do the digging themselves instead of just relying on others.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Viber - 10th March 2013
Tango - 19th May 2013
Fring - 2nd November 2013

Viber and Tango will be Nokia exclusives for 4 months and Fring will be ?1.29

Note: I made that up to put your mind at ease. In complete honesty, don't wait for any app on WP8. What we have now is what we might be looking at even after 3 months.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
come on couldnt find their mail, only twitter or facebook..

anyway can we hope any (voip) new apps from mwc? nokia shows new phones will they show new (exclusive) apps too? btw microsoft has keynote too?

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Viber has stated that an app is 'in the works' on numerous occasions. I think judging by the pace at which Skype and Photosynth is being developed, we can safely assume it's a ***** to develop for WP8

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
you said you tried WeChat, why don't you send WeChat an email requesting they change the video chat request feature?
I think there is a reason for that. On iOS WeChat is age-restricted. Anyway, I think as long as the other party replies one message, it will be ok for several days at least.

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I think there is a reason for that. On iOS WeChat is age-restricted. Anyway, I think as long as the other party replies one message, it will be ok for several days at least.

not several days only ten minutes.. and besides that it doesnt work half as good as skype, i call my friends phone my phone shows its calling and one minute later it shows on friends phone , same thing when my friend calls me.. so wechat isnt an option for me..

Viber and tango were on wp7 and when i try to download from their sites viber of wp7 it show that it doesnt support my phones resolution, and if that resolution is the only problem how is it that it takes so much time to fix it

Last edited:

Cheers2

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
[h=1]Viber’s HD Voice Feature for Windows Phone 8 “Coming Very Soon”
http://www.trutower.com/2013/01/08/vibers-hd-voice-feature-coming-to-windows-phone-8-coming-very-soon/[/h]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise